Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-22, 08:05 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wendy, I love so many of CG's workouts! I have a list but it's on paper - I can type them out if you'd like. I have hearts by some of them so those must be my absolute favorites. I can type them all or just the ones with the hearts.

I also just started using Tiff and Dan's leg workouts and really like them - they are similar to Caroline's. I used to like a lot of Sydney Cumming's lower body workouts but haven't done them in a while.

Erica
Erica- I guess just the ones with hearts as they must have stood out to you. I've done a couple of Tiff & Dan workouts and I've enjoyed them. Actually there is a lower body workout I've saved to my exercise list so hopefully I can get to that tomorrow.

I'm doing okay. It's still surreal to me that my brother is gone. My family will have their celebration of life gathering in the next week or two- I imagine that is when it will really hit me that he is gone.
Old 10-03-22, 11:49 AM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I hope the celebration of life brings some comfort to you and your family. I know it will be hard.

This morning, I did Tiff and Dan: Day 18: 30 Min Squat and Lunge Dumbbell Workout (Build Strong Legs!) | 6 Week Shred II (I really like this one) and part of 20 MIN LEG WORKOUT | LEG DAY WORKOUT | LEG DUMBBELL WORKOUT.

My Caroline lower body workouts with hearts. I don't do most of her glute/hamstring focused workouts because I don't like floorwork

Epic 3 Day 1

Epic 2 Lower Body Pyramid (I don't have the day written down for this). I don't do it as a pyramid but do it as reps instead. I also skip calves because it's a longer workout

Beastmode Legs Day 7

Fuel Day 26 Leg Day Complex

Fuel Day 11

Epic 3 Day 7

Epic 2 Day 48 - I think there's a heart by this one. Or maybe it's just a scribble..

Epic 1 Day 1

Epic 3 Day 48

Epic 1 Day 11

But I have a pretty long list of favorites without hearts. I don't think I'm good about always putting the heart by the listing.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 11:56 AM  
Erica H.

Also, I like these from Caroline for add-ons or just a short workout

15 Min LEG WORKOUT WITH DUMBBELLS | at Home Dumbbell Leg Workout

15 minute compound leg workout

Erica
Old 10-03-22, 05:29 PM  
wendug

Thank you for the list, Erica!

Today I did CG's Epic 3 Day 1 Dumbbell Leg Workout. This workout is INTENSE! So many versions of lunges!!! But I am glad I bought my 30lb dumbbells and got to use them for this. I did a whole lot of extra stretching on my own as my legs really need it!
Old 10-04-22, 07:11 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, glad you liked it!

Today was Tiff and Dan: 30 Minute Dumbbell Back and Bicep Workout At Home [PULL WORKOUT] followed by KILLER CHEST AND TRICEP WORKOUT | 10 MIN CHEST AND TRICEP WORKOUT AT HOME. I really liked the Back/Bicep work and will go heavier on some of the back work next time I do it. The chest/tricep workout was okay - it's AMRAP format, which isn't my favorite, but I got a lot done in only 10 minutes.

Angela - hope the uncomfortable meetings weren't too terrible.

Thinking of you both.
Erica
Old 10-04-22, 08:19 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wendy, glad you liked it!

Today was Tiff and Dan: 30 Minute Dumbbell Back and Bicep Workout At Home [PULL WORKOUT] followed by KILLER CHEST AND TRICEP WORKOUT | 10 MIN CHEST AND TRICEP WORKOUT AT HOME. I really liked the Back/Bicep work and will go heavier on some of the back work next time I do it. The chest/tricep workout was okay - it's AMRAP format, which isn't my favorite, but I got a lot done in only 10 minutes.

Angela - hope the uncomfortable meetings weren't too terrible.

Thinking of you both.
Erica
The Caroline workout from yesterday made my legs sore! But it isn't surprising since I increased my weights. I planned on doing some sort of cardio workout today, but I had to take care of a new client's dog this afternoon and when I got home, my dh was napping on the couch. So I took my dogs for a second evening walk today since my workout space was occupied.

And AMRAP format isn't my fave, either.
Old 10-04-22, 08:24 PM  
wendug

Angela & Erica-

Have either of you tried Chris Pesci's workouts? I've previewed several of them. Sometimes it is just him and other times he is working along with a woman. The workouts seem solid, but the music is very hard rock/metal (not my fave), so I think I would have to mute it if I were to try a workout.
Old 10-05-22, 01:38 AM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I subscribe to Chris Pesci's channel but haven't done any of his workouts yet. I bet your dogs appreciated the second walk! That's sweet of you to let your DH nap.

Erica
Old 10-05-22, 05:32 PM  
wendug

I think I've seen Chris Pecsi mentioned in the GD thread and no one responded that they have done one of his workouts. I'll give one a try some day!

I had a busy day. Walked the dogs in the AM. Gave them both a bath when we got back as the weather will turn colder soon and they like to chill in the sun and dry. Took care of a client's dog this afternoon and heard from the fence company that they want to install the fence tomorrow. (Not even 24 hour notice- how rude!). So I came home and started moving garden stuff away from the fence (birdbath, hangers, etc.) I also ripped out my remaining tomato plants that are near the fence. I have so many green tomatoes!

And on to today's workout- CG Epic Heat Tangible Triceps and Delts Workout. I really liked this workout. My shoulders were worked with only a few overhead presses. My triceps were thoroughly worked with dips as the staple move. I still cannot do tricep pushups on my toes. I think there is something about my body structure that makes it hard for me. I'll keep trying, but that is an impossible move for me. I've also noticed that Caroline does not do shoulder rows. I don't think I've ever seen that move in one of her workouts. I wonder why?
Old 10-05-22, 05:54 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - wow, I'm glad you had the opportunity to prepare for the fence company coming tomorrow! Hope that all goes well for you. Nice that you got the dogs bathed while it's warmer, too.

I've done that CG workout but not for a while. Now I have to put it in my rotation again after reading that you liked it. I find tricep push-ups on my toes very tough but they were definitely easier when I was leaner! I try to mix them up doing some on my toes and some on my knees since my form is better on my knees but I want to keep attempting to do them on my toes. I used to like doing them on the stability ball like Cathe did in at least one of her workouts (see-saw pushups?). I think upright rows are kind of risky so maybe that's why Caroline doesn't include them? On the other hand, she does dips regularly and those are risky too (although I don't think as risky as upright rows). I know she has mentioned substituting other tricep moves for dips for people who don't want to do them or can't do them due to wrist/shoulder issues.

I did Fuel Day 1 - a lower body workout (I can't remember the name) and put a heart because I liked it so much. I added one of the Caroline 15 minute workouts I posted earlier and it was perfect.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts