Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-22, 08:54 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Hugs back to you all. I am having a really hard time adjusting to my school/commute schedule and the loss of mom. I do not have a down minute at work and I take a lot of work home right now. I really, really need to start working out. I'm not stopping to eat enough during the day so I'm starving when I get home.

I am going back and forth between two thoughs:
Alternate total body workouts with cardio, that way if I miss a day or two, my whole body has been worked with weights.

Start CG's Iron Series on Sunday so I workout Su, M, T, Rest W, Th, Rest F, Sa, then start week 2 again on Su. I really want to do the full Iron Series. I will put no pressure on myself to do anything "extra" like cardio. W I could have the option to walk or do an enjoyable cardio or just plop on the couch (which I do every Friday).

I'm SO glad this check-in is still going.
Angela- It's so nice to see you posting! I know the first weeks of school are so busy, maybe when you get into your groove this school year you can get back into Iron Series? Also, you could even do only a few days a week and build up to a fuller exercise schedule? You've got options.
Old 08-25-22, 08:38 PM  
wendug

I finished painting my living room today. It is only a small section, but it is behind my television and storage console for the tv with all the electronics connected to it. So I had to move all my exercise DVD's to be able to move the console stand. Once I started painting I realized I was going to run out of paint. So I had to run to Lowe's to get more paint to be able to finish. Ugh! But it is done now after working on this from 2:30 until 6:30 today.
Old 08-26-22, 12:33 AM  
Erica H.

Angela - you must be exhausted mentally and physically. Be kind to yourself - you're going through so much!

Wendy - wow,what a project! Hope you are thrilled with the final outcome!

I did Epic 2 Day 23 back yesterday. Planning on doing SUMMIT LEG DAY - Pyramid Training Leg Workout | EPIC III Day 21 before going to the lab for a ton of bloodwork.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-22, 02:26 PM  
gigi

Cool

Wendy, that is what I decided to do. I intended to do 2 of 3 a week but I just drop when I get home. I've been working late, getting home late, and bringing work home on the weekends. Thsi morning I relaxed, took a two hour nap, got up and worked out. This youtuber is new to me. I did his Warm Up, making it low impact. Then I did a 40 Minute Strength Workout that took me forever, becasue I needed to stop and catch my breath multiple times. I found it to be quite fabulous. Then I did his Cool Down.. I am meeting my dad for dinner. I will either have to tackle school work tonight and/or after church tomorrow.

I cry and miss my mom and sometimes I just cry from the pressure of a huge caseload and so much paperwork, documentation, and meeting. I forgot that it takes about two weeks for my legs and feet to adjust to standing most of the day. My other plan is to get up at 4:30 and get to work early then refuse to work on the weekends. It will simmer down a bit in October but for now it is what it is.

Edited to say I don't know how I put that face up there. And to say, I'm happy that you guys are keepint the check in going. Tomorrow I plan on an 80's themed walking workout.
Old 08-27-22, 03:09 PM  
Erica H.

Angela, I really like the Daniel PT workouts I've done. Hope you have a good dinner with your dad. You're going through so much emotionally and physically with the death of your mom and school starting. It's a lot.

Hi to Wendy.

Did Iron chest/back today (day 22?) and added a bit of shoulders/arms. I hate to complain when Angela is going though so much but it's just been such a difficult year for me emotionally, mentally, physically, financially - I'm really struggling. Actually, it's been the last five years but it just keeps getting worse instead of better.

Erica
Old 08-27-22, 05:57 PM  
wendug

Angela- I have saved several of Daniel's workouts, but have yet to do one. I'll get to one someday. Enjoy dinner with your dad!

Erica- Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I think everyone is with the world being a bit crazy the last few years. I'm trying to be a bit kinder to everyone as I've really seen how so many have been affected by their world's being turned upside down. I noticed you've done some back workouts- so your lat must be feeling better. That's good! Exercise has been so vital for me, especially during the last couple of years through the lock downs and uncertainty of life. It keeps me sane.

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- Full Body Dumbbell Workout. I previewed this, but missed that there is very little rest. Practically none during the rounds and a quick break between rounds. Michelle lifts heavy and was moving fast- I did 12 reps to her 15 reps for almost every move. With little rest my heart rate was as high as some cardio workouts! She had a cardio burst at the end of the workout but I was so wiped out I skipped it. I just watched it and did my own stretching. I have a feeling my hamstrings will be sore tomorrow.
Old 08-27-22, 06:54 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

Erica- Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I think everyone is with the world being a bit crazy the last few years. I'm trying to be a bit kinder to everyone as I've really seen how so many have been affected by their world's being turned upside down. I noticed you've done some back workouts- so your lat must be feeling better. That's good! Exercise has been so vital for me, especially during the last couple of years through the lock downs and uncertainty of life. It keeps me sane.

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- Full Body Dumbbell Workout. I previewed this, but missed that there is very little rest. Practically none during the rounds and a quick break between rounds. Michelle lifts heavy and was moving fast- I did 12 reps to her 15 reps for almost every move. With little rest my heart rate was as high as some cardio workouts! She had a cardio burst at the end of the workout but I was so wiped out I skipped it. I just watched it and did my own stretching. I have a feeling my hamstrings will be sore tomorrow.
That workout looks really good. I've done a few of Michelle's workouts and have liked them. I can't believe how much good content is available on youtube for free.

My lat does feel a bit better. I'm back to doing my normal workouts but skipping the negative pull-ups and chin-ups I was doing. Maybe that was too much with the weight I've gained this year. These past five years have been so hard in every way. I'm grateful that I can exercise now but I can't run or exercise the way I used to due to injuries/medical problems. We've just had so much stress and loss and injuries and illness and I'm having a tough time keeping it all in perspective.

Erica
Old 08-27-22, 08:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Just popping in with a question. My friend just bought a barbell set. Do any of these YouTube instructors with weight workouts use a barbell or is it mostly dumbbells and kettlebells? Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-22, 12:20 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Just popping in with a question. My friend just bought a barbell set. Do any of these YouTube instructors with weight workouts use a barbell or is it mostly dumbbells and kettlebells? Thanks!
I think all of the ones we have posted about use dumbbells and kettlebells. I know there are youtube workouts that are similar to bodypump that use barbells but I can't think of them right now. I don't know of any slow/heavy ones though. It would be easy to modify these for a barbell instead of dumbbells though - I use my barbell for some moves (I just did yesterday for supine rows and sometimes do for deadlifts).

Erica
Old 08-28-22, 08:30 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Erica! She's kind of struggling to get back into a groove so I thought I would try to find some recommendations for her since I have more free time than she does. But my primary workouts are on DVD and I use YT for more prehab type and supplemental. I'll take a look at the ones you guys have posted about. Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts