Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-25-22, 02:35 PM  
Diana2468

Walking workouts

Hi all!! I am back after a multi year hiatus, but I used to be super active on this forum. It’s so nice to be back . I had a complicated twin pregnancy about 6 years ago and have had some significant health challenges since then, but I am just recently getting back into at home workouts. Before I left, I was doing a lot of Leslie sansone walking workouts, supplemented with a few other things (Ellen Barrett and self-guided yoga).

I still absolutely love Leslie and just subscribed to her app. I still have all the DVDs but the app is great. I also own some Jessica smith walking workout downloads (on purple player).

Since I’ve been out of the loop for awhile, I was wondering if there are any other great walking workouts out there that I should be aware of now! I would love to hear about any DVDs, streaming, or YouTube channels/workouts I should be looking at. Thanks so much for your guidance
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-22, 02:58 PM  
zoegirl

Leslie is my first love for walking workouts but Get Fit With Rick on You Tube is a lot of fun. And he's adorable!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-22, 03:07 PM  
bubbles76

I like Jenny Ford's walking workouts when I'm looking for very simple choreography with an upbeat instructor. Jenny Ford's Walking Across America is great for this, with lovely outdoor scenery. Keep in mind, so many of the walks are nearly identical with just a different background lol! I would not pay full price for the dvd set, but it's nice to have as an alternative to Leslie. You can up the intensity by using hand weights, wrist weights, kickboxing gloves, or adding impact.

Older walking workouts on dvd that I've tried and liked:

Although not billed as a walking workout, Cathe Friedrich's Lite Cardio Party is very fun and sort of a walking workout. Closer to a Jessica Smith walking workout than a Jenny Ford walking workout Gina Buber has a youtube channel Up To The Beat Fitfor walking workouts. She also has dvds on amazon.

ETA: A tag search on "walking workouts" will help narrow down results. I've added the tag
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-22, 04:42 PM  
donnamp

If you like music only w/ minimal to no cues:

Body Kind Fitness - You Tube
Burpee Girl & Burpee Girl Short Workouts - You Tube
Improved Health (I can't recall if hers have cues....) but there appear to be some w/ some good music!
Reps to the Rhythm - You Tube

If you like talking, but no music:

Lucy Wyndham Reed (walking workouts, plus more)
Lively Ladies - (walking workouts, plus toning, etc.)
Pahla Bowers - (walking, plus toning, etc.)

Also, don't know if you know, but Ellen has a paid subscription site now! It is reasonably priced (I think $7.95/month) and she does have some barefoot walking/barefoot cardio there.

Welcome back!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-22, 11:02 AM  
Venus

Hello and welcome back!

I like Angie Miller's Cardio & Strength Training for Seniors. The cardio portion is similar to a walking workout.

Angie Miller's Cardio & Strength Training for Seniors

Review of Cardio & Strength Training for Seniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I like Jenny Ford's walking workouts when I'm looking for very simple choreography with an upbeat instructor. Jenny Ford's Walking Across America is great for this, with lovely outdoor scenery. Keep in mind, so many of the walks are nearly identical with just a different background lol!
Jenny Ford has some walking workouts on her YouTube channel if you want to try them out:

Jenny Ford's Walk Across America Workout PLAYLIST

You got a lot of great recommendations already, but here are a few recent threads for more options:

Any other walking workouts?

Favorite short walking workouts on YouTube (<<<Links to my post with suggestions, including Leslie and Jessica )

Walk workouts

I was just reading through these threads (thanks to the "walking workouts" tag!) and plan to check out BRAND FITNESS on YouTube.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-22, 03:41 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Improved Health that was mentioned before has some fun ones with original music. The moves are simple and change every 30 seconds. WORKOUT to ABBA! | Mamma Mia Walking Workout is a favorite of mine.
Body Project has some good ones. Low impact cardio workout for ALL fitness levels

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite walking workouts, gina buber, hamelin d'abell, hdm, jenny ford, leslie sansone favorites, walking, walking workouts