Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-24-16, 11:32 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just got Andrea Spier's Perfect Pilates Body from my Secret Santa and I really like it. Short segments (10 minutes each) All I have done so far are good. Warmup, Core, Butt, Legs, Arms, and Total Body. The only one I have not tried is the stretch one.

I haven't done it in awhile but I used to like the 10 minute solution one that uses the small pink ball someone else mentioned above.

I started to add Pilates to my routine a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I pulled a muscle in my lower back from moving my stuff at work and I am afraid to do anything that might aggravate it. I know Pilates is supposed to be good for that sort of thing but I feel like rest is what I need right now. Will start the Pilates again when things calm down.

ETA: I also like the 10 minute solution Pilates on the Ball with Lara Hudson I think. It is done with a large swiss ball. I haven't done that one in awhile though.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-16, 12:12 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Duplicate post
Old 12-25-16, 09:27 PM  
videofit

I did Hit the Spot Pilates by Denise Austin for the first time in many years. I thought it would be the easiest of my Pilates DVDs. I kept thinking, "Why is this so hard? I'm in much better shape now than I was years ago!" I felt so sore the next day, too. Clearly I never hit those spots in my normal workouts. Yowza! So now I am motivated to do this and the other pilates DVDs until I no longer feel so beat up.
Old 01-08-17, 11:11 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
Here are my favorite Pilates DVDs.

-Winsor Pilates Sculpting Ball (uses the mini ball), which has two workouts: a 20 minute,
and a 45 minute.
-10 Minute Solution Pilates (the original with Lara Hudson, and Quick Sculpt with Andrea Rogers--this one utilizes the mini ball, but Andrea has a tendency to talk fast)-
I concur on this. I did parts of the Quick Sculpt one this week and really liked it but she talks and moves too fast. I liked the moves though and really felt it in my core.
I did the total body and core workouts. My notes from ages ago say that these plus the buns and thighs segments are the ones I liked the most, the standing segment the least. I just need to go at my own pace and modify a lot because some of the core moves I couldn't do as demonstrated or at all.

Tags
jules benson, mini ball, pilates, pilates ball, pilates band, pilates by lisa, pilates for back pain, winsor ball