Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-16, 03:02 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
I think it's this one: https://www.amazon.com/Winsor-Pilate.../dp/B000KDFDT0

The workout has many moves from the original Buns and Thighs, but it's done with a resistance band. Not all exercises change much with the addition of the band, some become more awkward, like the scissors (band is very much in the way!) and straight leg kicks, where I don't feel the same freedom to point and flex with my foot because the band could slip off. I certainly feel her "fetal thighs" series more with the band. She finishes this workout with a nice bridge series with some pretty wicked pulses thrown in there for good measure.

Yes, Mari is funny! I think she plans to make her funny comments and they come across as rehearsed, but they are funny nonetheless. I'm enjoying her workouts lately.
You are right it is that one, and I actually own it! (I was surprise-gifted this by a kind VFer) This thread inspired me to do it today. I agree the band gets in the way on occasion but still I liked it for its efficiency like the other one. And, I caught the look. Funny when she did the identical "touch" on the first side I made a little silent chuckle. I wanted to do the Flat Abs Pilates but my kids came home...maybe later.

I will have to pay more attention. I usually am so focused on the moves I don't even notice the music.

Scorpio, thanks for your reply. It looks like a lot of props?

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 10:37 AM  
Scorpio6

JEWELS5: Props in kit -- a weighted bar to which you attach cables w/ handles that can also be used on the feet, a door attachment.

You can use the weighted bar by itself, the bar pulls apart so you can use the weighted ends as 2# hand wts. you can either attach the bar & cables to the door and lie on the mat and use it that way--especially good for leg/tummy work -- or you can use just the bar and cables on the mat without the door attachment. It's pretty efficient and how you use it depends on which workout you're doing.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mari winsor, mari winsor best, pilates band, winsor ball