Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-12, 06:47 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I have that too! I'd forgotten all about that!

Another priceless intro is on the VHS of Firm Standing Legs, where the leggy hostess does a cartwheel into the room.
Salina Bartunek! She was buff!

Anyway...I am another one who has the Latoya Jackson Step workout. I like it though, it helps that Gay Gasper leads it. I pull it out now and then and do it, it's a good intermediate step workout that is all low impact.

I used to have Joannie Greggains Holiday Workout but I sold it years ago.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 06:57 PM  
mtnmom

Lucky Vanous anyone? The hot guy in Pepsi commercials, oh, so many years ago. Ya, I have that.
Old 07-20-12, 09:07 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I have a workout calles "Schvitz!" It's in Yiddish. I didn't get through 10 minutes of it, but it's a keeper. It starts with a Jewish grandma (in tights, I think) dancing around saying you should do your own warm-up. She flicks a feather duster around and says something about using housework as a warm-up. The workout features a man and woman doing basic strength exercises. The grandma counts every single rep. If nothing else, you will learn to count to twenty in Yiddish. Guaranteed.
Old 07-20-12, 09:34 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I have a workout calles "Schvitz!" It's in Yiddish. I didn't get through 10 minutes of it, but it's a keeper. It starts with a Jewish grandma (in tights, I think) dancing around saying you should do your own warm-up. She flicks a feather duster around and says something about using housework as a warm-up. The workout features a man and woman doing basic strength exercises. The grandma counts every single rep. If nothing else, you will learn to count to twenty in Yiddish. Guaranteed.
Oh my!!
This sounds like a definite keeper.
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 09:47 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I have that Joanie christmas workout - but as the result of a thread a few yrs ago! I actually thought about pulling it out and doing it for the first time a few months ago when I started back exercising - yep in April!

I would buy a Leslie christmas workout in a heartbeat - an Ellen Barrett one too - or classical stretch.something I already buy just because they have a new one out!
Old 07-20-12, 09:50 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

hmm can't think of the most ridiculous workout I still own - the worse I EVER owned was back in '89/'90 when I bought the playgirl workout - horrible! can't even describe it other than this group in a circle and crotch shots(clothed!) and I didnt' get through 5 minutes of it. now I dunno what I have to fit this category...
Old 07-20-12, 10:40 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Lucky Vanous anyone? The hot guy in Pepsi commercials, oh, so many years ago. Ya, I have that.
It was Diet Coke but mm yeah I remember that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI3Ft363PZ8
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 10:53 PM  
carole r.

I don't own the Holiday workout, but I've done those hour and a half Christmas Eve aerobics at the gym. I love working out with Christmas music.
Old 07-21-12, 12:57 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
It was Diet Coke but mm yeah I remember that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI3Ft363PZ8
Whoah!

I love the comment on YouTube:
I bought his exercise video and wore the hell out of it. Sometimes I even exercised! Hahahaha
Old 07-21-12, 12:36 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Some of these have me LOL

Can it be I don't own any cringe-worthy workouts? I do admit I don't display Yoga Booty Ballet because the name is so ridiculous. And I was humiliated many years ago when a friend of DH's saw a VHS case with The Firm on the spine, said "oh, the Tom Cruise movie!", took it off the shelf and got an eyeful of Susan Harris in her Volume 1 yellow leotard, posing in that cheesy 80s Firm way.

Tags
embarrassing workouts, fun workouts, holiday workouts, ridiculous workouts, workout titles