Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-12, 12:31 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Well I may have been entertained by a few holiday-themed films in my life but as for a workout? Actually I truly wouldn't buy one. Honest.
First of all, you're assuming I'm Christian (I'm not) and that those iconic Christmas emblems are sentimentally meaningful to me (they aren't).
And it doesn't matter what holiday - I wouldn't buy a Halloween or other 'seasonal' or religious-themed workout either. Nothing wrong with them but they're just not for me. And I know plenty of people, including Christians, who wouldn't touch them either. So yes, I still think of them as limited....
I didn't assume you were Christian but that's a good point. I don't attach pretty lights, snow, bunnies or scary costumes with various carved squashes to religion but I'm sure some would. I'm mostly an equal opportunity type when it comes to workouts (though I do think Sylvia's Mat workout has certain evil elements which prompt my avoiding it )

ETA: Regardless of either of our opinions or preferences, I'm still convinced this would be a fun/profitable project. Looking at past sales trends, I think for the majority of the population holiday stuff sells. They could market it as a way to keep the holiday pounds at bay etc. Amy could rock a Santa hat and a jingle-kettle bell. Mindy Mylrea has the bunny thing down pat. Cathe's probably strong enough to pull a sleigh LOL
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 01:06 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a Christmas themed workout ever made, considering how shamelessly commercialized Christmas has become. You can buy Christmas EVERYTHING! (I absolutely LOVE Christmas but shy away from most of the stuff.)
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 01:08 PM  
Gams

EnglishIvy,

I agree - I think holiday stuff sells well. Of course, I am the woman who watches the original "Miracle on 34th Street" at least once a month and then beginning in November, I start watching it at least once a day. And, like you, I can also appreciate upbeat music, beautiful lights and holiday movies without any regard to my own religion. I watch all kinds of movies and don't feel I have to have anything at all in common with the characters to enjoy the movie.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 01:21 PM  
lrb04

Gams well said! I would buy a Christmas theme workout even though I am Jewish. I like Christmas music & especially old time Christmas movies! I am also an Old Time Radio fan & enjoy the radio programs with Christmas themes.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 01:23 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a Christmas themed workout ever made, considering how shamelessly commercialized Christmas has become. You can buy Christmas EVERYTHING! (I absolutely LOVE Christmas but shy away from most of the stuff.)
Yeah, there is too much commercialization but they can cut back on something else as far as I'm concerned I love Christmas and I love workouts so having them together would be a special form of bliss Presents, cookies, pretty lights, happy songs and jingling bells (did I mention cookies LOL). Bring it on. Peace on earth and goodwill
Old 07-20-12, 01:27 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
Yeah, there is too much commercialization but they can cut back on something else as far as I'm concerned I love Christmas and I love workouts so having them together would be a special form of bliss Presents, cookies, pretty lights, happy songs and jingling bells (did I mention cookies LOL). Bring it on. Peace on earth and goodwill
So, 'fess up..anyone ordered Joanie's holiday workout as a result of this thread??

(I might.)
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 01:28 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
EnglishIvy,

I agree - I think holiday stuff sells well. Of course, I am the woman who watches the original "Miracle on 34th Street" at least once a month and then beginning in November, I start watching it at least once a day. And, like you, I can also appreciate upbeat music, beautiful lights and holiday movies without any regard to my own religion. I watch all kinds of movies and don't feel I have to have anything at all in common with the characters to enjoy the movie.
I'm the same with Christmas Carol!! I was hooked the minute Ebenezer dropped off all those toys to destitute Tiny Tim. Of course, I was probably about 7yo and well below the poverty line the first time I saw it so I was ripe for the picking LOL I love a happy ending
Old 07-20-12, 01:30 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
So, 'fess up..anyone ordered Joanie's holiday workout as a result of this thread??

(I might.)
I would but I think the 2 copies I already have are probably sufficient It's not a great workout by the way -- the holiday theme carries it completely
Old 07-20-12, 01:34 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
I'm the same with Christmas Carol!! I was hooked the minute Ebenezer dropped off all those toys to destitute Tiny Tim. Of course, I was probably about 7yo and well below the poverty line the first time I saw it so I was ripe for the picking LOL I love a happy ending
Aw...I love a happy ending, too.
Old 07-20-12, 01:34 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
I would but I think the 2 copies I already have are probably sufficient It's not a great workout by the way -- the holiday theme carries it completely
..which might be enough for me!

Tags
embarrassing workouts, fun workouts, holiday workouts, ridiculous workouts, workout titles