Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-12, 11:10 AM  
SpiritSong

Sorry to continue the off-topic conversation, but here is a breakdown of the Holiday Workout in the reviews. (VHS only $6 at amazon.com)

http://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Workou.../dp/6303816681
Old 07-20-12, 11:17 AM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Maybe but imo nothing dates, or limits, a workout faster than a holiday-themed one. And it could definitely run the risk of being too 'cutesy' or 'precious'.
I, for one, would never buy one but then I have no problem doing regular workouts around the holidays.
People pay $12 to see Christmas and Halloween movies all the time. I own several copies of the Christmas Carol in various forms (including the Muppets). It would be profitable. People spend more easily around the holidays and they embrace the fun even if it is "limited".

You would NEVER buy a holiday workout? Take a close look in your collection and see if you can't find anything just as "limited". And does that mean if a new Barre workout with a beautiful tree and Christmas lights in the studio pops up or a yoga DVD with snowy mountains and gentle Christmas tunes appears, you would not even watch the clips? How about the Firm instructors lifting their fannies to the tune of Jingle Bells? And what if they are great workouts--- you wouldn't use them just because they have a themed set? Bah, Humbug (and I don't believe you )
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 11:24 AM  
sweatie

The Holiday Workout is a DVD-R. Just thought people should know that if they're thinking of ordering.
sweatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 11:33 AM  
cherimac

There is a Christmas tree, Santa bears, lots of decorations, cheesy Christmas/Holiday music, and Joanie's goofy self in the Holiday workout. Love it. It's a combo of two low impact cardio sections and one high alternated with low impact 4 limb cardio like the Firm does. The whole things (including warmup, cooldown, stretch) is about 30 minutes.

I keep saying I'll get the DVD copy when my VHS wears out.

I do the workout once a week or so from Thanksgiving to Christmas. It's just fun to me.
Old 07-20-12, 11:50 AM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatie View Post
The Holiday Workout is a DVD-R. Just thought people should know that if they're thinking of ordering.
Hmmm, so I might be better off with the $6 VHS tape!
Old 07-20-12, 11:55 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Um, Tony Horton made a christmas workout dvd, a very short one. It came with a One On One dvd. I don't know what they were thinking when they filmed that.
Old 07-20-12, 11:58 AM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Um, Tony Horton made a christmas workout dvd, a very short one. It came with a One On One dvd. I don't know what they were thinking when they filmed that.
No way I'm counting that one. I saw the clip and it seemed in such poor taste that it was anti-holiday to me. I want pleasant not crude
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 12:05 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
People pay $12 to see Christmas and Halloween movies all the time. I own several copies of the Christmas Carol in various forms (including the Muppets). It would be profitable. People spend more easily around the holidays and they embrace the fun even if it is "limited".

You would NEVER buy a holiday workout? Take a close look in your collection and see if you can't find anything just as "limited". And does that mean if a new Barre workout with a beautiful tree and Christmas lights in the studio pops up or a yoga DVD with snowy mountains and gentle Christmas tunes appears, you would not even watch the clips? How about the Firm instructors lifting their fannies to the tune of Jingle Bells? And what if they are great workouts--- you wouldn't use them just because they have a themed set? Bah, Humbug (and I don't believe you )
Well I may have been entertained by a few holiday-themed films in my life but as for a workout? Actually I truly wouldn't buy one. Honest.
First of all, you're assuming I'm Christian (I'm not) and that those iconic Christmas emblems are sentimentally meaningful to me (they aren't).
And it doesn't matter what holiday - I wouldn't buy a Halloween or other 'seasonal' or religious-themed workout either. Nothing wrong with them but they're just not for me. And I know plenty of people, including Christians, who wouldn't touch them either. So yes, I still think of them as limited. But that's just my opinion and no one has to agree with me.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 12:05 PM  
geallen01

Not exactly a workout DVD from Leslie, but . . .

http://www.amazon.com/Sansones-Chris.../dp/B000YHUR6Q
geallen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 12:18 PM  
lrb04

Quote:
Originally Posted by geallen01 View Post
Not exactly a workout DVD from Leslie, but . . .

http://www.amazon.com/Sansones-Chris.../dp/B000YHUR6Q
Sounds like a great Christmas time DVD!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
embarrassing workouts, fun workouts, holiday workouts, ridiculous workouts, workout titles