Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-11, 02:55 PM  
eaocon

I don't make resolutions! I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing - it's been working great!

I'm going to try to incorporate some yoga in this year, but I'm not making it a resolution! If it happens it happens!
Old 12-14-11, 03:28 PM  
upperwside

More yoga. I never clicked with it...bad teacher and studio experience when i lived in the UK.. teacher made a comment about my boobs and i never went back. But after doing some at home to videos recently and LOVING P90X yoga... i am doing it a few times a week and feel so good after that i plan on doing much more. I think i will get up before the wee-ones and workout in the morning and do yoga after they go to bed to get more in.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 05:48 PM  
Poodlepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
More yoga. I never clicked with it...bad teacher and studio experience when i lived in the UK.. teacher made a comment about my boobs and i never went back. But after doing some at home to videos recently and LOVING P90X yoga... i am doing it a few times a week and feel so good after that i plan on doing much more. I think i will get up before the wee-ones and workout in the morning and do yoga after they go to bed to get more in.
I want to start yoga. I, too, had a questionable yoga experience when I lived in the UK that kind of put me off of it. My friend and I went to a yoga class at the local "leisure centre" that was billed as being for people of all yoga abilities. We get there, the guy is burning some stinky patchouli incense. I hate patchouli, but I was really trying to keep an open mind. So then, he has people get into a tripod or a full hand stand if possible, while someone near breaks wind from the exertion. Wow, I tried so hard to keep myself dialed up. It totally back fired, I started snorting from trying not to laugh--which drew stern looks from the people around me. This went on for 90 minutes, so many advanced poses and no modifications.

But I'm older and wiser, so I'm ready to give it another chance.
Poodlepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 06:28 PM  
Artist of Eyes

I'm adding to my resolution:

Adding pilates back into my routine as a routine staple, even if it's only for core work. I'm also going to try to give yoga another go. It's hard, I have the attention span of a knat when it comes to yoga, but I do want to try!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 06:47 PM  
muddjeansgal

Get more rest and drink more water. The rest should all fall into place when these goals are in place.

ladyveg, I will be praying for a speedy recovery and abundant health for you in 2012!
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 07:13 PM  
Lucy K
VF Supporter

Like Maria, my 2012 goal is to do unassisted pull-ups. I've started working out 1x week this year with a trainer (following a knee arthritis flare-up, I wanted help to get focused again on my workouts) and I've really gotten stronger. Can't do a pull-up -- YET. I'll get there in 2012.
Lucy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 07:51 PM  
Buffgirl

Focus on the right nutrition..

My 2012 is to getting my eating in order. I am very dicipline with my exercise but my eating can use some improvement. I am going to a Dr. to get advice on the proper nutrition for my age and condition.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
resolutions