Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-10, 06:58 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
Thanks so much for all your suggestions. Just wondering - anyone have any thoughts on Powerfit Harmony?
Sorry Bigtree, I didn't bring up Stephanie's workouts because you mentioned them in your original post so I thought you had them and were already planning on using them.

Stephanie's workouts are terrific and carry a decent punch for 20min workouts. But - although by no means did I get tired of the workouts themselves - I did tire of Stephanie's repetitive cues and comments. I'm sorry to say anything negative as I'm sure Stephanie is a super-lovely person. But she says the same couple of comments over and over in every workout and I just got bored of hearing them. But of course YMMV.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-10, 07:02 PM  
CarlaVeg

what about 10 days to a better body upper & lower? they are each 30 min and Cindy shows modifications for low impact.... these workouts alternate 1 minute of cardio & 1 minute of weights!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-10, 07:29 PM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
Thanks so much for all your suggestions. Just wondering - anyone have any thoughts on Powerfit Harmony?
I finished a PowerFit rotation a couple of weeks ago, and I can highly recommend them all for a lower intensity workout. I found Stephanie very pleasant, and it was nice to know I was hitting all the major muscle groups eventually with the different DVDs.
Old 11-27-10, 08:36 PM  
ilovemybirds

I'll put in another plug for Shelly McDonald and the Caribbean workout series. I these workouts. On several of the dvds, she has 15-20 minute segments called Chi Ball workouts, which I think would totally fit the bill for you. You get light cardio, light toning (especially in the legs), some core work, plus you get a lot of good balance and brain work. Just to totally enable you (LOL), the workout that have the chi ball segments are the Beach Pilates set at Target (it has a bunch of segments from Caribbean workout shows), Sculpt that Body, A New You, and Workouts on the Go. By the way, Workouts on the Go has a good low impact cardio segment (15 minutes), and A New You has a very pleasant ballet legs segment. Can you tell I love my Caribbean dvds.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-10, 09:22 PM  
bubbles76

I totally have to pull out my Caribbean workouts again I also saw those clips for Tamilee's Motown DVDs. They look very nice. I wonder if the music is loud enough on them?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-10, 09:40 PM  
shortie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemybirds View Post
I'll put in another plug for Shelly McDonald and the Caribbean workout series. I these workouts. On several of the dvds, she has 15-20 minute segments called Chi Ball workouts, which I think would totally fit the bill for you. You get light cardio, light toning (especially in the legs), some core work, plus you get a lot of good balance and brain work. Just to totally enable you (LOL), the workout that have the chi ball segments are the Beach Pilates set at Target (it has a bunch of segments from Caribbean workout shows), Sculpt that Body, A New You, and Workouts on the Go. By the way, Workouts on the Go has a good low impact cardio segment (15 minutes), and A New You has a very pleasant ballet legs segment. Can you tell I love my Caribbean dvds.
Are there clips for these anywhere?
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-10, 12:20 AM  
kas97

Any of the Powerfits are GREAT for early morning exercise. Stephanie isn't annoying or in your face, and they are good workouts. When I'm feeling motivated, I'll start off with one of the miles from Leslie's Fat Burning Walk (where the miles are all 13 minutes long), or I do 10 minutes on my stationary bike to make it a 30 minute workout. The PFs are deceptive- you can pack a punch in 20 minutes.
kas97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun workouts, lower intensity workouts, short workouts