Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-10, 07:09 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
There was something about Tony Horton and an "elf" (who was actually a little person) ... what the heck was that? Just an online trailer, or part of his one-on-one or something?
It was very strange. I really wish they would make the dvds cheaper rather than make these strange little "free" dvds.
Old 08-20-10, 08:02 AM  
GinaRHCP

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I picked it up on Ebay for $5. Sounds cheesy and cute!

Joannie Greggains is where I started back in the day...Morning Stretch.. I remember all her workouts had some cutesy names.. Beautiful Busts, Firm Fannies, Lean legs, Super Stomaches.... I also remember working out to her AUDIO CASSETTES!! I'm pretty sure I couldn't put up with her these days, .. I recall she used to talk ... A LOT!!.. but I like the idea of a holiday workout.
GinaRHCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 08:24 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaRHCP View Post
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I picked it up on Ebay for $5. Sounds cheesy and cute!
That's EXACTLY what it is, lol.
Old 08-20-10, 03:04 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
The only Xmas workout that I know about is not on dvd, it is Joannie Greggains Xmas workout that I love! It is a great half hour easy cardio and she is so funny. She wears a little elf costume, and the music is all Xmas. She is in front of a Xmas tree, fireplace with stockings hung, I love it
Donna
omg - I remember that! I no longer have it, but I remember it.

You know how the news always covered the last person born during the Civil War? At some point, there'll be - the last person to own the original Jane Fonda workout LP.
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 06:29 PM  
dbclark44

I started working out to Joannie using vinyl and cassettes, and her Morning Stretch show. She holds a special place in my heart.

She's actually still working out and putting out workouts. I jsut ordered about 5 of her workouts to include a Morning Stretch with 5 of them on it. I also went to Amazon and ordered the XMAS VHS so thanks for enabling me. I never knew she had that. It'll be nice to do that between Thanksgiving and New Years.

Here's her site if anyone is interested in seeing what she's been up to.

http://www.joaniegreggains.com/

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 06:40 PM  
F1mom

This sounds like something Richard Simmons would have been all over. I can see him working out now in some red/white striped shorts, a red tank and a Santa hat.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 07:12 PM  
curious621

I forgot about this until I found it again on my Ipod shuffle while walking tonight. Leslie's 3 mile Christmas download! She only introduces it at the beginning and then apparently the cat got her tongue because she doesn't speak after that. The music is all upbeat Christmas carols but I walk to it other times too. She says you could do it with the four basic steps too.
Here it is:
http://www.amazon.com/Sansones-Chris...54085&sr=301-4
curious621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 08:05 PM  
carole r.

My gym would always host an hour and half aerobics class on Thanksgiving day. On Christmas eve they would do the same thing.
Old 08-27-10, 08:50 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Just a heads up: it's August 27th. It's still summer. It's not even fall, let alone winter.

I'm feeling cranky because I went into the local Costco and saw all the Christmas displays. Blech. And Blech again. I think I'd shoot myself before buying a Christmas DVD. Especially in August.

But that's just me!
Old 08-28-10, 02:56 PM  
GinaRHCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious621 View Post
I forgot about this until I found it again on my Ipod shuffle while walking tonight. Leslie's 3 mile Christmas download! She only introduces it at the beginning and then apparently the cat got her tongue because she doesn't speak after that. The music is all upbeat Christmas carols but I walk to it other times too. She says you could do it with the four basic steps too.
Here it is:
http://www.amazon.com/Sansones-Chris...54085&sr=301-4
How have I lived 47 years and not known about this??!! There's a Chris Freytag one too! I WANT!!

I've just recently discovered Cardio Coach and other free sites for walking/running mixes for download!! I've been working out almost my entire adult life and I wish I had found these sooner! I'm always late to the party!!
GinaRHCP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas walk, christmas workouts, holiday workouts