Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-09-22, 08:01 PM  
gigi

Smile Moving with YouTube Workouts & More 2022

We are a group that untilizes a variety of workouts into our routine including YouTube workouts. ALL are welcome!
Old 04-09-22, 08:11 PM  
gigi

I started CG's Irons series today. Day 1: Legs....LOVED this workout. I used 30's (like twice), 25's, and 15's. I took extra rests. This workout was perfection, in my opinion. There were not a thousand reps to pre-exhaust and my muscles were exhausted enough. The pace allows you to think about what is being worked and it allows you to fully engage the muscles and focus on form. I huffed and puffed and had to let my heart rate down. Even Cathe has not given me this type of weight workout and this is what I always wanted from her. I look forward to the rest of the week. I tried to do a workout by Amy Bento she posted on FB and did not have the energy after this leg workout. I have to build my stamina back up after a couple of months on and off.

My goal for this week:
Sunday: Iron Series Day 2: Shoulders, Back, Chest/Step Combat by Amy Bento (Studio Ross on FB)
Monday: Iron Series Day 3: Glute Workout/Mobility
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: Rest (meeting a friend for dinner)
Thursday: Iron Series Day 4: Full Body
Friday: Rest (I usually crash on Fridays)
Saturday: Iron Series Day 5: Arms, Abs, & Core

Depending on how the following week's workouts look, I may decide to do week 1 a couple of times. I want to add in cardio here and there and maybe walks that will build me back up to hiking on the weekends.
Old 04-10-22, 05:00 PM  
gigi

I just finished Studio Ross (Amy Bento Ross) Step Combat and Iron Series Day 2: Chest, Back, & Shoulders. Amy's workout was fun but the cuing was horrible. The Iron Series was a great workout. Straight up lifting as heavy as possible with good form.
Old 04-11-22, 11:54 AM  
wendug

Gigi- May I join your check in? I've been posting under the General Discussion thread but should be posting here. I've been focusing on more heavy weight work in 2022, focusing on YT workouts from Move w/Cee, Vera LaRo, Kaleigh Cohen Strength, and just did my first Caroline Girvan workout recently from the Iron Series.

I don't know why I've waited so long to focus on heavy lifting. I've always done some form of weight work for many years, but never consistently. Since I've been consistent with the heavy weight work I'm seeing awesome changes in my body that cardio workouts/cardio w/lighter weights workouts could never do. I guess I was stuck in the mindset of doing more cardio to lose weight.

I have found that I need more rest between weight lifting days than what Vera, & Caroline have in their rotations. But no worries...I've found what works for me and will continue with the heavier weight work sprinkled with cardio!
Old 04-11-22, 05:22 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Gigi- May I join your check in? I've been posting under the General Discussion thread but should be posting here. I've been focusing on more heavy weight work in 2022, focusing on YT workouts from Move w/Cee, Vera LaRo, Kaleigh Cohen Strength, and just did my first Caroline Girvan workout recently from the Iron Series.

I don't know why I've waited so long to focus on heavy lifting. I've always done some form of weight work for many years, but never consistently. Since I've been consistent with the heavy weight work I'm seeing awesome changes in my body that cardio workouts/cardio w/lighter weights workouts could never do. I guess I was stuck in the mindset of doing more cardio to lose weight.

I have found that I need more rest between weight lifting days than what Vera, & Caroline have in their rotations. But no worries...I've found what works for me and will continue with the heavier weight work sprinkled with cardio!
Welcome! I love, love, love the Iron Series and this is my first time doing CG workouts. I have to do cardio before the weight workouts or I would never do cardio. I'm glad you have found your groove and what works for you! I warmed up with Extreme 10 Minute HiiT with growiwthjo. It was not killer but it was enough for me. Then I did Iron Series Day 3: Glute Workout. Oh my bum. I was dreading this one, but ended up really liking it. The finisher was killer! Edited to add that I did this lovely 7 Minute CD with BodyKindFitness.
Old 04-11-22, 06:02 PM  
wendug

I'm thinking of doing CG's first from the Iron Series- Legs- tomorrow. Today was a cardio day for me. I was just going to do a walking workout on YT, but it is so nice out today that I took my dogs for a second walk. They loved it and will pass out on the couch early tonight.

That 10 minute HIIT workout looks tough. Starts out simple enough but ramps up as it goes on.

I'm so happy CG is doing a 30 minute rotation as some of her earlier series were longer and the 30 minute workouts are a great way to ease into doing some of her longer workouts. I also plan on buying some 30 pound dumbbells. Right now 25 pounds is my heaviest and I've been adding my weighted gloves and wrist weights to add a bit of additional weight until I get the dumbbells.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts