Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-22, 05:15 AM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

Didn’t manage a workout yesterday. It’s been crazy trying to deal with poor Monkey in her collar and Riley whining. All I kept thinking about is when was it time to go to bed? LOL – this too shall pass but it seems like everything happens all at once. There has to be something less barbaric than these E-collars!

Good news is the new toilet fixed our problem! Seems there was a hairline crack in the old one, which wasn’t visible to the eye. Buying the toilet was the 1st step and the least expensive. And now I found a great plumber!

Hoping to do at least some yoga in a bit. I’m sitting here with Monkey, took her collar off so she could eat and drink and do her business. Each day she seems a bit better and I’m so thankful for that.

Pat: Kassandra’s yoga is what I need today. I think that’s where I’ll be headed in a bit! Thank you for the continued critter hugs!

Donna: Monkey is healing. How’s your lab doing? Good workouts as always!

Waves to Summer Breeze! Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-22, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

PT exercises and stretches (approx 20 minutes)
60 kettlebell swings

I did the PT exercises on Friday too. Saturday I was busy with some social activities and I don't think I did the exercises. Just walking around outside to run errands and visit people is enough on my ankle so I don't over do it on days when I'm busy like that.

DIANE, glad the new toilet fixed the problem. Phew. Continued hugs to Monkey and Riley.

Waves PAT & DONNA.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-22, 09:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Barre Workout for Beginners and Seniors (from 2/2/21).

Jessica Valent's calendar had barre up for today but i have done her barre workouts numerous times so I decided to stick with the theme but try something different. Lauren's barre workout was very good - I really enjoy her stuff. It is very calming. It also always ends up being more challenging than I expect with the "senior" and "beginner" in the title.

I hope to get a walk in later today.

My Lab is up and down. On Saturday I was sure I'd be calling for the "appointment" today but yesterday she had a good day. I guess I'll just keep plugging along until the bad days outnumber the good.

Diane - I hope Monkey and Riley are doing well.

Summer Breeze - I agree about not over-doing and starting slow.

Happy "Moan" day, Pat!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-22, 09:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Well, Happy Moan Day that is. I tuned into the news this a.m. for traffic and weather, but Queen E's funeral had preempted the stations. I had to watch the pageantry, and was moved to tears when the camera suddenly turned to a bagpiper standing in a little balcony.

Anyway, yesterday featured:

~ 30 minute walk at beach
~ Rama Berch's Yoga for Your Back
~ 5,028 steps

I haven't used Rama's DVD in so long. It's been OOP for years. Rama is sporting a power mullet! There are two sequences for which she wears two different outfits in the loudest themes you can imagine - one seems to be IndoChinese and the other Indian. Heavy silk pants and long tunics with the slits, heavily adorned.

Question of the day - who else had a mullet? I confess.

Donna, the weekend totally flew by. It was so nice for walking and enjoying the fall weather.

Summer Breeze, hurray on your PT graduation! Sending positive thoughts for healing day by day.

How is Monkey today Diane? I can't even imagine a cat with drains in her mouth area and a collar. I hope Kassandra's yoga helped with your stress level.

Have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-22, 09:49 AM  
donnamp

Pat- LOL, I'm pretty sure I had a mullet at one time!

Speaking of the '80's - I went down a rabbit hole of watching Family Ties on Pluto TV - the outfits, the decor, etc. a bit of nostalgia while cleaning the house and folding laundry.

Donna
Old 09-20-22, 07:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I thought I would try a walk around the neighborhood yesterday. I walk very slowly right now and my ankle is still stiff and I didn't get very far. I felt some occasional pains as I was walking and didn't want to push too hard. My friend let me borrow her exercise bike so I may try that for now until I feel more confident walking. I meant to do some kettlebell swings but I got caught up in other things and never did them. Probably today.

PAT, I forgot about the Queen's funeral until you mentioned it. I did get a little teary.
I really choked up when Princess Charlotte broke down crying. Very touching. Rama sounds interesting. lol

DONNA, hope your Lab had another good day.

Hi DIANE.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 08:10 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Well, another terrible night of sleep but I managed to move my body.

Monday’s workout:
  • Today’s Workout:
  • Power Yoga Flow – Yoga with Adrienne Reed (an oldie but goodie)
  • Pushups and Dips

Tuesday’s Workout:
  • Bad Yogi’s Upper Body Yin
  • Pushups and Dips

Summer Breeze: So happy about the toilet as well! And we found a great plumber. Monkey and Riley are both doing well. Monkey shows signs of feeling better each day. Today we get the drain removed. Another positive step! So glad you managed KB swings! Wow! Good job!

Donna: They are going to have up and down days, sadly. Makes it even harder to know when to make that “appointment”. You’ll know and sometimes our animals let us know it’s time. Hugs.

Pat: I missed the Queen’s funeral but watched it on the Royal You Tube channel last night. Ever since 9/11, bagpipes bring me to tears. Monkey is in her litter box as I type this – thankfully she only had one accident on the first day. She’s definitely getting better each day. Her parents are a wreck but that’s the price we pay I guess!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 08:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! My yesterday featured:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 20
~ Grandniece's vinyasa class
~ 4,767 steps

I forgot how boring and tedious cobra vinyasa flows are, oh my. I wish the studio didn't make Charlotte switch the class from hatha to vinyasa, but the slot needed to be filled, I suppose.

Donna - I love those 80s outfits. Some are really stylish and others are "oh what were we thinking?" Judith Light in Who's the Boss always looked stylish, IMO.

Summer Breeze, good for you on getting out there and keeping it low key.

Diane, glad to hear Monkey is on the mend. Hopefully you'll get some sleep with one less sick baby.

Have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I took my Golden for a mid-day walk - so glad to be able to do this again now that it is cooler. My Lab is still up and down.

Today, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Cardio w/ Weights for Seniors & Beginners
Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Walking Workouts w/ Weights for Seniors & Beginners

Both of these were good - similar to the FIRM's 4 Limb stuff. Again, I was surprised to get "sparkly" from something labeled "Seniors & Beginners".

I really like Lauren's instruction - she is very calm and relaxing and I like her background - soothing blue. These are well produced!

Plan to get another outdoor walk and some stretching.

Summer Breeze - you are smart to take it slow!

Pat - another fan of Hatha over Vinyasa!!

Diane - I'm glad your kitties are doing well.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Donna
Old 09-21-22, 08:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up getting two dog walks in and made it to almost 10K steps for the day - it has been a long time since I got that much in. WFH has definitely reduced my step count.

Today, I got the Pilates bug -

I found a new-to-me instructor on You Tube - Margaret Elizabeth and decided to at least start her 15 day Feel Good Pilates Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...R3C9DR_1xgsSjy

I liked the looks of this challenge b/c there appears to be quite a bit of variety.

We shall see how long I stick with it.

I'm still going to continue w/ some walks and other exercise as well.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the day!

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga