Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-24, 04:40 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I'm posting a bit later today. We had to take DH's car to dealership and drop it off so we could make sure everything is in good working order before our road trip in April. My car battery was dead, after being in the garage for so long without driving it. So DH jumped it and it took a long while to charge! Once we return from our trip, I'm going to start hiking again with the group of ladies. Everyone is wondering where I've been.

Anyway, I did my yoga today, as well as Cathe's Travel Fit workout. Also, did a short Lee Qi Gong workout afterward (Day 2) of the 30 Day Challenge. All good stuff!

It's so cold and windy here today! I don't know how we're going to survive almost two weeks in Canada. They're still getting snow! Yikes.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 09:02 PM  
Leonana

Walking at work, about 6,700 steps. I’m feeling better, although not 100%. Still some coughing after I eat and some fatigue. But so much better than last week. I found out that one of the ladies in the cafeteria had pneumonia too, and is feeling about the same as me.

Our weather can’t seem to make up its mind either. It goes from 60’s to 70’s to 80’s, then back down to 60’s again with rain. My allergies are going to go crazy this year!

Donna, I do like the Cetaphil peptide serum. It has these pretty gold beads that are pushed up as you use it, lol. You don’t waste any product and can see how much is left.

Neita, reading in a scenic spot sounds so relaxing.

Pam, snow does sound cold! Hopefully, it will warm up for you.
Old 03-26-24, 07:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I went on a short dog walk - I always let my dog pick the route and when she wants to head home and yesterday was a short walk day.
In the evening I did end up doing the longer Deep Stretch on the Total Stretch DVD. It was nice and relaxing, too.

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Fusion Flow Sculpt - I have not pulled this one out in a long time, probably since I did the Strong & Centered Rotation (which I enjoyed!). This was harder than I remember particularly for the lower body. Those gliders get you.

Later today I'll add something else on. We are having someone else come in to give us an estimate for our kitchen. I'm inclined to go with the guy I know who has done work for us previously, so unless this is way cheaper I will probably stick with the guy I know. This is more for peace of mind to know that we're paying a reasonable price. Of course if they come in way cheaper, I'll also be somewhat suspicious and will probably want 3rd estimate! It is very hard to find people who return your calls and are willing to come out and give estimates. My co-worker wants to finish her basement and finds the same thing - no one responds to calls, texts, e-mails, etc. Don't people need the business?

Anyway....

Pam - when do you leave for Canada? Where are you going in Canada?

Sherry - glad you are feeling better. I may splurge on that serum at some point just to try it. I forget where I saw that mixing peptides and retinol is good for aging skin...(well anti-aging, LOL!). I honestly wonder sometimes if any of this stuff works - besides sunscreen and moisturizer which just keep your skin healthy and protected.

Neita - I know what you mean about nature There was a time when I would not be able to stand my slow dog walks - I would feel that they were a "waste" b/c my HR wasn't up - but now I really enjoy the slower pace and listening to the birds and looking at the sky.

Waves wishiwasinhawaii - is today your surgery? Good luck and check in when you can to let us know how it went.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 11:46 AM  
donnamp

Jessica's e-mail newsletter today talked about cortisol and exercise. Bottom line, listen to you body and mix up your training!

I thought it was good info!

Also the walks that she did with her mom are limited release - if you want a DVD buy it now. I think I'll pass as I do see myself renewing the AAP for the foreseeable future.

Donna
Old 03-26-24, 11:56 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was yoga (Dean), qi gong (Lee), and Boss Loops Glutes & Core (Cathe!) I was awake too early this morning and very sleepy. I'm surprised I did that much, LOL. ;-)

Donna, we are going to ME and CA the 2nd week in April. The inspiration was to see the eclipse in ME, but we're now worried about cloud cover. We're still going to press on and may just get a partial viewing, instead of totality. DH is doing some research in Montreal, but we'll spend the majority of our time in Quebec City. I've never been to CA, but DH flew there for a short business trip a number of years ago.

That's so sad with the Francis Scott Key bridge in Baltimore. It's been all over the news today!

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Old 03-26-24, 03:43 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I'm happy to report that I've actually done my workouts in the face of distractions!!

Yesterday's Distraction - It's Wildflower Season!!
I went for a short, one hour hike with a group. But I noticed wildflowers coming up. So after that hike, I went to a different park that is famous for it's wildflowers and I did another 1.5-2hr walk just strolling and admiring the tiny ephemerals and bluebells that are blooming so early.
My plan is to do a total body strength workout on M/W/F. My legs were too tired but I did do an upper body strength routine (on my own, I wanted to do moves that Jessica doesn't do, such as upright rows, hang cleans, and pullovers).

Today's Distraction - News
I had a 1/2-day training session regarding school field trips for the park where I volunteer. I set an alarm to get up early (5am!) to get things done, but then was consumed by the news of the Key bridge collapsing. I live about 20 minutes from that bridge. Also - for the past many years, I have refused to drive over that bridge as it was always too scary for me. So I missed any morning movement.

But after my training session, I hiked with a friend (about 8,000 steps!). Now back at home, I just finished #1 of Dean's Strength Foundation Course. I am determined to make my way thru this program.

Pam - your trip sounds exciting! I hope you'll check in while you're traveling and keep us posted on your adventures. Oh - wanted to comment on Dean's "Engage". I did not sign up for the emails. I'm curious about it, but no intention of signing up for it.

Donna - yes; I'm close to my niece and she recently got a puppy. So now we define our outings as either a fitness walk or a puppy-walk.

Sherry - please still take care of yourself, but am glad for you that you're recovering.

Wish - prayers for your surgery next week!

Pam/Wish - what is Zeppole's??

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 05:40 PM  
Leonana

Walking at work, 4600 steps.

I felt much better today. My congestion cleared up completely while at work. I did get a bit congested after work for a short while, but it seems less every day. I’m still a bit fatigued, but more energy than yesterday. Every day is better.

I never watch the news so hadn’t heard about the bridge. Very sad about the missing persons. I guess it’s a good thing it didn’t happen during rush hour.

Donna, I thought Jessica’s email was good also.

Neita, we have wildflowers in the desert this time of year. Our neighbor seeds his gravel yard, so they come up in the spring.

Pam, your trip sounds great, let us know how it goes.
Old 03-26-24, 05:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Neita,

Zeppole's are an Italian pastry that comes out around St. Joseph's Day, which was March 19th. Usually the bakeries stock them for a week leading up to and a week after this date...give or take. It's a little like a croissant (or puffed pasty) more in the shape of a large donut, cut in half lengthwise but filled with something like Boston cream filling. It's topped with a light whipped frosting/cream with a cherry on top! Sprinkled with powdered sugar. Delicious! Rhode Island is the most catholic state in the country, so it's a big deal here, I suppose. I think we have the highest percentage of catholic churches, as well. Check out google images and you can get a better idea of what I'm describing. We seek them out, just for fun! But, we brought too many home this year!

April Focus:
Old 03-27-24, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on a Trifecta Pilates practice after work - Pilates Mobility Routine It was a nice gentle practice. I didn't get a walk in b/c I had my kitchen estimate scheduled (more on that later!)

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Balance & Agility - this is from WS 20 - which is probably my favorite of the "Walk Strong" collections. It had been awhile since I did this one and I enjoyed it.

I will try for a walk later, but it is raining so it may have to be an indoor walk.

On the kitchen - this is a national chain/company - and i'm a bit leery of going with them. They didn't give us a firm estimate - we have to go to their showroom to see the "design" and pick materials, etc. We have an appointment to do that on Saturday. I think we'll go, and I think they will be cheaper than my regular guy (who is just an independent contractor). I'm leaning towards not going with this company because I think what I will get will be a cookie cutter recommendation from them - it looks like they offer package deals and I won't be able to get the customizations I may want. I know my guy will be more expensive, but I know his quality of work and his work ethic - so I know it will be good. Plus while I have my kitchen torn apart there are things I want to fix - that these guys may not deal with. I think if I were sure we were moving soon I would go with the cheaper option - but we may be staying here for the long haul I guess I'll see what comes of the estimate. I already told DH we are not signing anything on Saturday! I also wonder if they entice you in with a lower price but then as you start adding things it goes way up.

I do know that the guy we have used before will be easy to work with, will get it done, and will make sure it is right...and that is a big deal when you are doing something as "invasive" disruptive and expensive as a kitchen remodel! He did our 3 bathrooms and they turned out great. No issues. The only time he missed a deadline for us is when he got COVID and had to take a week off. I worry about the headaches of dealing with a large company - if something goes wrong - do I have to deal with "corporate"?

On the workout front - I'm enjoying Jessica's fusion collection! I always feel with the start of a new month that I should switch gears, but I think I'll stick with this for at least 4 weeks. Jessica Valant is doing a core challenge in April, but it sounds like just 10 min workouts that I can add on to Jessica's Fusion stuff.

Anyway - we shall see - my mind is always subject to change!

waves everyone -

Donna
Old 03-27-24, 11:30 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Along with yoga, I added Qi Gong, as well as Pilates (Leslee Bender) mini-ball workout. This is very beginner-ish, as she moves nice and slow. Liked using the ball today! This would be a good light day workout for sure, but there's not a lot there for the time spent.

Heading out today to pick up our vehicle.

April Focus: