Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-15, 10:56 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi Joan! I like your idea of fitting in Joyce for upper body.

I'm thinking about trying Sculpture next week but it's such a long workout. Do you all remember if it can be broken up into two 30 minutes total body workouts? If I went that route I could fit everything else in.

Yesterday I did Muscle and Grace and used 3 pound ankle weights. My hips and outer thighs are sore today.

Are you all using ankle or leg weights? I think Margaret uses adjustable leg weights; they look very expensive.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 03:43 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Hi Beth! I remember you from our "Let's Joycercize" check-in.

Sculpture is two 50-minute programs, one upper, one lower. Maybe you could split that up into 25-minute segments and do a four-day split.

Muscle and Grace was featured in a couple of the exercises I did yesterday (All My Best, vol. 2). I have ankle weights but haven't used them much, especially for Margaret's workouts. I have enough "natural" weight on my thighs to make those leg lifts challenging.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 05:13 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

I use ankle weights sometimes, but not all the time. Margaret's floorwork is killer even w/out them!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 09:44 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I know Sculpture upper body has a place that says 'stop here for shorter workout' or something like that - at least the vhs did - haven't done the dvd yet - it's not exactly halfwaythough and I think shoulders and something else are the only parts left in the last part
Old 06-15-15, 08:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Joan - my leg is also heavy enough - never mind that heavy air on top of it - that I still can't make it through a full quad or hamstring session.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 10:04 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I ordered Beauty to the Bone and Getting Better through her last sale, so I may try those first. Her sales are increasing and I'm wondering if she may be beginning to close out her inventory.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 10:29 AM  
flamingoo

I'm just getting started with Margaret Richards and wondering which of her dvds, in your opinion, has the best floor work ( glutes/inner and outer thighs) Thank you!
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 10:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Flamingoo -they are all good, IMHO! I would say for focused lower body work either Sculpture lower body (although there is some standing work if I recall correctly) and Triple Threat (I think Triple Threat is mostly floor but may have a standing exercise or two, but MR's DVDs are easy to use as you can skip whatever doesn't work for you!). I also think her Getting Better DVD had some good floorwork.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 11:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I think the floor work in Getting Better is signature level great - and the bonus of this DVD is that if you injure a foot or ankle, you can still work out while recuperating. I sprained my ankle this weekend and am planning to work through my recovering with GB and Pilates.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 11:59 AM  
flamingoo

Thank you! I received Getting Better in a trade and look forward to trying it eventually after surgery. I really like the fact that most of her floor work looks like it will be something I'm able to do
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cs rotations, margaret richard rotation, triple threat