Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-15, 10:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I think the big hair, spandex ones are early 1990s, maybe some late 1980s.

Yes thank goodness there was no Instagram back in the day. I have a Facebook friend who got into a rather heated discussion on Instagram (I am not on there, I didn't realize you could "converse" on it) over people Instagramming photos of fellow yoga class attendees in compromising poses - i.e., reclining cobbler, or a row of students from the rear in downward facing dog. I think yoga teachers should be vigilant these days to be sure nobody is taking photos. It's so un-yogic.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-15, 11:34 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I agree, they should probably ask everyone to leave their phones at the desk. I see that too with bullying in schools, with Instagram being the most abused. ~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 01:02 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Reviving this thread to post that Margaret's next sale is on now: 25% off all DVDs through next Tuesday.

I'm finishing up a Quick Fit rotation this month and starting a Margaret rotation in July, thanks to all the great ideas in this thread.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 01:32 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Joan - I think I'm going to do this in July (unless something else attracts my attention, LOL!) - is Quick Fit w/ Gilad? Good to 'see' you again! I need to keep up w/ my CS/Essentrics, too, so that is why I plugged those workouts in there -for me Margaret works very nicely w/ CS/Essentrics and walking/walking cardio.

Sun - Full Length MR Workout plus 1-2 miles walking (15-30 min cardio) & Yoga/Stretch (evenings)
Mon - 3-4 miles walking (45-60 min cardio) & CS Episode & Yoga/Stretch (eve)
Tues - full length CS/Essentrics & 1-2 miles walking (15-30 min cardio) & Yoga/Stretch (eve)
Wed – see Sun
Thurs – see Mon
Friday – See Tuesday
Sat – Do something different! 

My yoga/stretch will be in the evenings and I reserve the right to mix my walks up into 2 (or more) sessions depending on time!

Right now I'm doing Jessica's walks (but sometimes I sub in a Leslie) with an Unplugged Episode and a CS Episode.

Enjoy!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 01:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
Reviving this thread to post that Margaret's next sale is on now: 25% off all DVDs through next Tuesday.

I'm finishing up a Quick Fit rotation this month and starting a Margaret rotation in July, thanks to all the great ideas in this thread.
Looks like I'll have to treat myself to another! I did some research and discovered that back in the day, MR's tapes were $60 each!

Donna, your rotation looks great.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 02:37 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

Joan - I think I'm going to do this in July (unless something else attracts my attention, LOL!) - is Quick Fit w/ Gilad? Good to 'see' you again! I need to keep up w/ my CS/Essentrics, too, so that is why I plugged those workouts in there -for me Margaret works very nicely w/ CS/Essentrics and walking/walking cardio....
Good to "see" you too, Donna! Yes, Quick Fit is Gilad, and it's been perfect for getting me back on track after having neglected regular weight training for months. I'm shortening it up and doing other cardio because there's no way I can do the same workouts for 12 weeks.

I like your rotation! I'm thinking of something like this, since I miss pyramids for UB. Walks, cardio, etc., would be add-ons. Oops, better get some stretching in there too:

Mon: Upper body Joyce
Tues: Lower body Margaret
Wed: Cardio + Pilates or yoga
Thurs: Upper body Joyce
Fri: Lower body Margaret
Sat: Total body Margaret
Sun: Rest or Pilates or yoga

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
Old 06-12-15, 03:20 PM  
donnamp

I like your rotation also, Joan! I really enjoy Margaret's workouts b/c they are so flexible - you can do as much as you want (or have time for) on a particular day.

Donna
Old 06-12-15, 04:40 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Those are great rotations. Do you prefer doing the workouts as total body or splits?
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 07:35 PM  
donnamp

Hi - Beth, Generally, I prefer full body but sometimes I will do splits. W/ Unplugged you often get a mini-total body and probably over the course of 3 days you end up w/ a total body workout.

I was late to the MR party having discovered her only a few years ago, but I'm happy to have found her!

Donna
Old 06-13-15, 11:57 AM  
MsThistlebottom

I like doing splits during the week because it allows me enough time to add on cardio and/or stretching. Then a total body on Saturdays when I generally have more time. Some of Margaret's workouts aren't easily split into upper/lower, though, in which case I'd just stick with the same Margaret DVD or series for the whole week (Good for You, for instance, or as Donna mentioned, the Unplugged series).

I'm getting a little tired of Gilad (sorry, Gilad! I may dump you before July!), so today I think I'll do a total body Margaret--one of the All My Bests or maybe Beauty to the Bone.

Tags
cs rotations, margaret richard rotation, triple threat