Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-29-15, 11:13 AM  
AprilCleo

Travis Eliot online yoga website

I saw on Travis Eliot's facebook page that he has a new online streaming yoga website - VeniceBeachYoga.com. There is a free 15 day trial and there are a couple of free videos. I checked it out and the quality of the videos are good but there was no music on the free videos. It says that they have multiple classes of various lengths and are filming new content.
AprilCleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 11:25 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting! I'm tempted.....
Old 01-29-15, 11:31 AM  
Yelly

Oooh - this looks good! Steve Jones is on there too - I remember people have liked him from Udaya
Thank you!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 12:20 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

These look great and a good amount are short and sweet, perfect add ons ;-) I signed up! Thanks for the hot tip
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 01:21 PM  
katmom

I like the look of this site and their offerings. However, I don't really want to give my CC number for the 15-day free trial especially when they state the following:

"For your convenience, we take take your billing information now so you may continue using VBY when your free trial ends. You may cancel your subscription at anytime during your free trial period and you will not be billed."

And if you sign up for the year membership, you can cancel anytime after 1 year.
Old 01-29-15, 01:32 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
I like the look of this site and their offerings. However, I don't really want to give the my CC number for the 15-day free trial especially when they state the following:

"For your convenience, we take take your billing information now so you may continue using VBY when your free trial ends. You may cancel your subscription at anytime during your free trial period and you will not be billed."

And if you sign up for the year membership, you can cancel anytime after 1 year.
I agree, I hate that too. Unfortunately with nearly every site that offers a free trial, you have to give them your credit card first. The only one I can think of (off the top of my head) where that wasn't required was SSOD.
Old 01-29-15, 02:48 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
These look great and a good amount are short and sweet, perfect add ons ;-) I signed up! Thanks for the hot tip
bjammin13, please report back after you have tried some of the practices!
Old 01-29-15, 04:59 PM  
Yelly

Okay, I just tried my first class. I did Travis Eliot's Twist and Flow, 60 minute, level 2+ class, although I could only finish 1/2 of it.

I'm probably not the best judge of this right now, because I'm sick (I have this yucky flu stuff going around). I just wanted something to work up a little sweat, to see how I felt. I chose this class because of the twists - I thought I could use some detoxification right now, being that I'm sick. Looking over the classes again, I should have chosen Travis's Detox and Flow instead, since that one was only 30 minutes.

I had to quit the practice 1/2 way through simply because my lungs were burning, and it was just too much too soon. I was starting to work up a nice little sweat though, and the practice itself was really nice. It was a simple move, but I loved the twisting cobras that he used throughout - they felt great on my stiff back.

The set was nothing to write home about - just simple, hardwood flooring, modest decorations, and sheer white curtains with visible traffic behind them - nothing like Udaya standards or anything. I didn't find this distracting during the actual practice though. There was no music, which I actually prefer with yoga, but I know some like to have music. Of course, Travis as an instructor was great! It may just have been me, or the fact that I didn't complete the practice, but his voice didn't have quite the "annoyance factor" that bothers some people with UY - at least to my ears it didn't - I may be wrong.

One thing I noticed with the website itself - it seemed like it kept logging me out - like it had the constant message of "log-in" at the top, as if I was never logged in. I could access the videos though. I'm not sure what was up with that. As for the streaming quality, I didn't have any problems with it.

Overall, I think this place is a winner, although I need another yoga streaming membership like I need a hole in the head! For that reason, I personally will probably cancel before my 2-week trial is up - I just have too much that I want to focus on right now. I do like how they have a balanced mix of class times, and I think Travis will be a big draw to the site! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, because I can't think of anything else to say. So far, I'd say it's pretty good! Two thumbs up from me!
Old 01-29-15, 05:44 PM  
katmom

Yelly, I did not realize you had also signed up. Like you, I do not need another online subscription. In browsing the site, the practices offered did look good.
Old 01-29-15, 05:49 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
Yelly, I did not realize you had also signed up. Like you, I do not need another online subscription. In browsing the site, the practices offered did look good.
Ha ha, I didn't think I was going to sign up either, but then decided I would try it out for the 2-week trial
I'm just kind of previewing a bunch of videos right now, and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I'm happy that Travis and Steve are on here, and I'll be curious about the others also.

One thing I'm kind of bummed about is that Travis's Yin Yoga video is not working for me. It keeps telling me the video code is not valid, so hopefully they figure that one out. I really like Travis's Yin Yoga on UY, aside from the football players comment (which totally cracks me up every time I hear it!) I was curious about this one on the website, because it's only 40 minutes, and I would love to try it tomorrow. I'm sure they'll have little kinks to work out, being that it's a new site though.

Tags
travis eliot, vby, venice beach yoga, yoga, yoga streaming