Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-09, 10:02 AM  
yahoo205

Classical Stretch Rotation Results

anyone do the half hour brisk walking and 2 hours of Classical stretch? i think it's only supposed to be for 1 week. what results did you get? anyone consistently doing classical stretch and seeing good slimming results?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 10:19 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
anyone do the half hour brisk walking and 2 hours of Classical stretch? i think it's only supposed to be for 1 week. what results did you get? anyone consistently doing classical stretch and seeing good slimming results?
I'm going to do this potentially next week and hopefully during my vacation in Greece. (Well, not every day in Greece!) I doubt very seriously I'll see any slimming results but I'm hoping for a looser body. If I get any other benefits I'll report back!
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 07:37 PM  
yahoo205

anyone?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 07:58 AM  
CarlaVeg

Not really 2 hours a day of CS....

I have been doing CS for about 3 weeks now.... the major improvements I seen is in flexibility.... it's amazing..... I used to do a lot of yoga in the past and stop due to a lower back injury, then my body started compensating and I had a knee injury, hip flexor, shoulder, elbow.... all on my right side... anyway, CS is helping a lot with some of these injuries..... my knee feels great now and my hip flexor started to improve in the last 2 days.... my flexibility gains have been amazing in 3 weeks.... I actually took a yoga class last Thursday and I can touch my toes again!!!!! (I haven't been able to do this for 2 years now).

I love the way it makes me feel also.... I feel like I'm working every single part of my body when I do CS..... overall I love this program.... I can't really speak for slimming results yet.... My diet is been horrible and for me, slimming and losing weight is 80%-90% related to dieting, no matter what workout program I'm doing..... However, I'm seeing some toning in my legs.....

Anyway, I'm sticking to the CS rotation for a while as I feel fantastic.... I'm basically walking for about 30 min 3-5 days a week, doing CS 4-5 days a week for about 30-50minutes and some yoga about twice a week....

Enough talk LOL!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 08:25 AM  
snapfish45

Great results Carla! I have been doing CS every day for about two weeks; one or two episodes from one of the series. I too have noticed flexibility gains. I have noticed improvement in balance. I love the standing balance work. It is very challenging for me, but I am getting so much better!

I plan to do a Leslie mile walk every day, followed by a CS episode. After that I will take Buster for his one mile walk.

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 08:35 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I've been doing CS everyday for at least two weeks. I've had some post CLX trouble with my neck and back issues. CS has always been a mainstay for me, esp the Back Pain Relief and Express workouts. I did get Sahra's new workouts and have also had Miranda's Essentrics for awhile and didn't utilize them much until now.

Anyway, I do feel like things are loosening up. I'm thinking I'll do a interval/awt rotation next with CS.

As far as slimming, I don't know. For me, also, it's all about my nutrition.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 09:28 AM  
Rachel*Jacobs

I received the CS 2009 recently. I have been doing 1 - 25 min. workout a day plus a 30 min. walk with Leslie S. I am working through the CS series & like them a lot. I have only done 3 of them but they have a lot of stretches for the hips that I need a lot. The only problem is she is MORE flexable than I am, I have a hard time reaching around & grabing my foot & pulling it to my butt, I keep getting a cramp in my leg & just can't do it. Hopefully I will be able to get more flexable. (I am 64 and over weight)
Rachel*Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 05:42 PM  
Sara1000

I have done the TV show DVDs for about a week now - the last couple of times just did the first half one day and the mat part the next - I am adding them on to an hour of walking one day and STS Meso 1 the next.

I find this type of exercise a bit tedious but I believe it is very good for me - I think my posture has improved already and some hip problems seem to be improving. I plan to stick with them through the whole 2009 series and see what effect they have on me.

The music is great and I like the instructor and the beautiful beach resort sets!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 09:57 AM  
Tish

I wanted to chime in because I'm seeing results! I've been trying for a very long time to get rid of the extra lbs I gained when doing kettlebells exclusively. Nothing worked well until recently. For the last three weeks I've been using portion control, walking 1-2 miles per day, and doing 1-2 CS episodes from Season 4. My clothes are looser, my neighbor said I looked like I lost weight (I've lost about 3 lbs), and I feel thinner. Kbells gave me a pudgy look and Miranda focuses on stretching the muscles. I don't care about the whole bulking/lengthening debate. All I know is my body is responding to this method. I feel more flexible, leaner, and I can fully stretch without any muscle cramping.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 10:42 AM  
Maria Welters
VF Supporter

I got to admit I jump on the CS bandwagon and purchased the Express workout DVD and noticed that they do help with stiffness and pain. I have a form of arthritis and there are times when my body just aches. So I do one of her 30 minutes sessions and feel better. I also noticed that her hip and leg work really work!

I plan on doing one of her workouts every other day as it really helps.

Maria
Maria Welters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, cs rotations, results