Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-07-20, 12:01 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Favorite glute workout? I wouldn't say favorite is a word that comes to mind. Do they work? YES! Brazil Butt Lift- specifically the Bum Bum workout and High and Tight. Leandro takes some getting used to as an instructor, but these workouts do slim and shape your booty. High and Tight is the best of the set- standing work with a loop band, mat work with the loop band, and finally some ankle weight work for the booty.

I did a month rotation of this set and noticed I was more toned and lifted. As a bonus, my hip got stronger and the occasional hip pain I had been experiencing disappeared.
Yes! BBL!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 02:18 PM  
OSusanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
What Margaret Richards dvds do you use?
Most of her workouts are floor work. Last night I did Beauty to the Bone and really liked it.

I use all her workouts and she does floor work 85% of the time rather than standing.

I also have Tamilee Webb buns of steel and haven’t done it yet however remember some of the moves as similar.
OSusanna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 04:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
What Margaret Richards dvds do you use?
Beauty to the Bone - well chaptered and excellent menu to select the LB segments.

Home Improvement - these have long sets.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 07:12 AM  
c4ward

Booty by Bret

I found him here and can’t rave enough. He has a book and subscription which is high imo, $29.95, but boy am I seeing results,
c4ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 07:20 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
100 steps total of each type? 100 on the right side and 100 for the left side? I will give this a try! Thanks.

I'm kicking myself for getting rid of my Winsor Pilates Buns and Thighs dvd!
It's on You Tube ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt3gF3UAJ_E

HTH!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 11:49 AM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4ward View Post
I found him here and can’t rave enough. He has a book and subscription which is high imo, $29.95, but boy am I seeing results,
This. I don’t subscribe but rather used templates from his book and now add additional Glute exercises and circuits to whatever else I’m doing, based on those formats.

You can get most of the exercises from his instagram and youtube. Various kinds of hip thrusts and lateral hip movements done regularly, plus the usual squatting and hip hinge movements, really work.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 12:07 PM  
gladgirl

Way back when....10 minutes of kbell swings (100 swings a day). Added to my regular cardio.
When I did this my backside tightened up and lifted like I couldn't believe!
Bonus: My arms, thighs, core and shoulders looked good, too.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 02:02 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Way back when....10 minutes of kbell swings (100 swings a day). Added to my regular cardio.
When I did this my backside tightened up and lifted like I couldn't believe!
Bonus: My arms, thighs, core and shoulders looked good, too.
Oh, yes, kettlebells!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 05:21 PM  
deineira

I've gotten the best results for glutes doing kettlebell swings and things like deadlifts with heavy weights. And, ART Method by Terri Walsh also perked up and toned up my rear quite a bit, but those are full body workouts. I guess just glutes and glutes alone would be kettlebell swings. 100 per day in sets is a good start.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 03:58 AM  
maitai

* This
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
I’ve had some great luck with Margaret Richard recently. Her floor work for glutes has been very effective for me. She uses a lot of bridges, Glute kickbacks and then side leg lifts For that outer thigh. I’ve done it with and without leg weights. My butt is higher now after eight weeks. I have lost a half an inch.

Squats are also good but sometimes they are hard on the knees. I also like deadlifts and high step ups but I don’t do this often and the Margaret Richard routine has been sustainable for me.
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booty bands, bret contreras, denise beatty, glute building, glute workouts, glutes, gluteus medius, hip strength, resistance loops, scoliosis