Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-04-22, 07:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning from the Queen of the Couch. I did it again, crashed on the couch and fell asleep with the book on my chest when I got home from work. Maybe I got bit by a tsetse fly? I forced myself to get up and walk down to my Audubon nest - my field notes are way overdue. Day consisted of:

~ LWR May Challenge W2D7
~ Evening walk to ballfield
~ 6,923 steps

Margot - what is Bellyfit DOTM? That mini dance class looks so FUN! Thank you for sharing.

Aw Paine, it's so nice that your little guy loves to be in your company. I bet he will always treasure and remember your walks. Good idea to have the lawn replaced. They're nothing but a time suck with all the mowing and trimming, etc., not to mention so environmentally unsound.

Pam, which are the new BF 20 minute WOs? I bought the Spring Ritual bundle, is that the new ones? I'm contemplating Primal Wisdom or Chakra Activation.

Welcome to the weekend Cyana and waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 10:32 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day but I will go for a walk this morning.

Pat, we are really happy with the artificial turf and you're right that it saves us a lot of time and money.
I hope our grandsons have good memories about us once we have left the world.

Margot, I like your avatar!

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 09:06 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Really paid for my unexpected day off on Wednesday -- returning to work Thursday was a bear and I was too wiped to work out later. Friday was my usual rest day.

Today's Workout: I'm ready to change things up after emphasizing upper/lower body splits for the last many months. I'm going to do half-hour "total body" routines, plus get in daily stretch/flexibility training. So today I did Routine 3A from Margaret Richard's All My Best. I also did Rise from Jessica Smith's new stretch DVD. I've now done all the routines once through. I do like them, and will use them again, but none of them bests her Total Stretch from Walk Strong 3 IMHO.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 09:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~20 min rebounding & 15 min on Maxi Glider while I watched a virtual trail walk through a fave park on Salt Spring Island. There was no sound so I listened to an audiobook….multitasking, lol. It was a cool rainy day here.
~Strength Circuit day 1
~Hip, shoulder, chest opening stretches & supported yin poses, finished with supported fish.

ETA: Pat - Alice has two new 20 min BellyFits, Elemental Joy & Recharge & Renew. They are new ones she’s added to the Tune in & Tune Up series. There’s a discount code for 35% off, GETMOVING35.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 04:24 AM  
Twigs

Happy Sunday to all!

Yesterday's mini workouts:
- ETV Ellyn Ochs Beginning standing part only, as a warm-up
- Bellyfit - Elemental Joy. This sequence had a short Vinyasa in the routine, which was repeated three times.
- Jessica's Fusion Pilates Core with the ball.
- Walk to our local Fishponds

This morning was:
- Bellyfit Recharge and Renew
- Jessica's Total Body Circuit #2. I'm not keen on circuit training, mainly because of all the repetition but was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. She does a lot of compound moves, working the upper and lower body at the same time. I like this kind of work but I know others don't.

I'm planning on doing some yoga/qigong this evening.

Pam - Your virtual walk sounds nice; you get the ambience without getting wet! I'm all for multi-tasking too.

Pat - DOTM is month #5 of Alice's Daughters of the Moon course. She just released the first four workouts from this program in her Springtime bundle, which you just bought. Like Pam, I also got her two latest 20 minute classes in this weekend's sale: Recharge & Renew and Elemental Joy.

Wishing everyone a happy day.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 09:37 AM  
cyana

Happy Week-end. We didn't go to the farmer's market yesterday, as two of my main vendors weren't there. One was taking a well-deserved day off and the other just had a baby several days ago (OK, in the interest of accuracy, his wife had the baby ). And the handyman was here working until late afternoon, so I had to be "on call" since DH had to work. I now have steps to my front porch, but the railings and other wood repairs are still to be done. He's working alone, so it's going to take longer. As I told DH, as long as it gets done (properly), I'm not in a rush, especially when you consider how long it took us to get someone to commit to the job and actually show up!

I was really stiff this AM, so I'll work-out this afternoon. I'm thinking I could use something nurturing.

Pat - I've been pretty low energy this week, too. Yesterday, I watched lots of animal videos on YT, since I had to be listening out for the handyman to knock at the door. I didn't want to listen to bad news and needed something to make me chuckle. Speaking of birds, I checked in on the West River nest this AM and saw mom feeding the two larger chicks and not the runt. I hope I just missed that part versus her not feeding the runt at all. I love the owls in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYOSKYWg-5E . It would be impossible for me to be in a bad mood after watching this.

Margot - I watched a few minutes of the NSD clip - that looked like fun. And the first song made me think of The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0gGWiRkjYM . I like circuit training and compound moves. Over the years I'd frequently make up my own cardio/weight circuit work-outs so that I could customize them to the amount of time I had available to work out. I was chatting with a co-worker this week, and she has a plot in a community garden in her area. She paid $20 for a 30 x 30 ft plot that has a water faucet right next to her plot - I thought that was a steal. She has a ton of veggies planted! She also has a major landscape project going on - creating a woodland garden (she's doing the work herself). I'm hoping she'll send me pictures. Thanks for the link to the glasses.

Sandra - I hope the plumbing issue at work was resolved - that could be most unhandy in a library!

Pam - A 90 minute massage - that sounds absolutely decadent.

Paine - Is replacing grass with artificial turf common in your area? It makes sense, considering the water situation. Grass is such a waste of resources and I'm trying to get rid of as much of mine as possible. I was also watching gardening and landscape videos on YT yesterday - including using cardboard covered by bark to control weeds in flower beds. I think it's wonderful that your grandson enjoys walking. I never realized that DS paid attention to the fact that I was a regular exerciser until I discovered that he did push-ups and such in his room every morning and he still walks regularly.

Carolyn - Hope your back is back to 100% and that you got everything moved to Payson.

Must run - need to knock out some things on the to do list. Will try to check back in with some meaningful physical activity later.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 11:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick hello - it's beautiful outdoors and I need to get outside!

~ My own PT/stretch
~ 1.2 mile walk at osprey trail
~ 1/2 mile at community trail
~ 6,266 steps

Cyana, thank you for the owl video! I love the one taking a bath with the big pupils. I can't even imagine the bliss of petting an owl. I sure hope our ospreys will step up and feed the little runt.

Pam, thank you for the Bellyfit info.

Waves all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 03:30 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Good 'N Strong Volume 2 Upper Body workout plus calves

I went to 3 markets this morning. Geesh, the grocery prices sure have gone up!

Cyana, yes many people in our city have artificial turf. Some people's artificial turf looks terrible though but ours is really pretty. There is one neighbor on our street that just bought the turf from Home Depot and laid it out like a blanket, it's all bunched up, wrinkled and I feel embarrassed for them. We had ours professionally installed and it was worth it. They do a lot to prepare laying the turf, level the area out and fill in where needed. In our flower beds, we put out decorative medium size white rocks from Home Depot that looks really nice and keeps the weeds away. You put down plastic tarp first before you lay down the rocks.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 07:19 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Margaret Richard's All My Best, routine 3b, followed by Total Stretch from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set. I also threw in some extra leg stretches.

Cyana: Would you believe someone tried to flush a pair of socks down the toilet. Sigh.

Paine: I had wondered about artificial turf, since I have seen similar amateur installations where it looks like an unmade bed! That makes sense to prepare the ground properly beforehand.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 08:53 PM  
cyana

No work-out after all. DS and DIL will be relocating at the end of this month and there was a lengthy phone call to discuss that this afternoon.

Sandra - I absolutely can believe that someone tried to flush a pair of socks. And you and I scratch our heads and wonder "Why wouldn't they just toss them in the trash can?" I haven't been to my local library since pre-COVID, and some days people would do totally inappropriate stuff in the bathroom - like dump food in the sinks.

Paine - I cringe every week when I look at the grocery prices. There was at least one item this week that had gone up $1 since just last week. So if you have your artificial turf professionally done, it sounds as though the installer preps much like they would if you were having sod installed. Makes sense to me. If I was going to invest the money in having it done, I'd want it to look nice.

Pat - I happened to see dad osprey delivering a fresh fish to the nest mid-afternoon and mom fed everyone, so I hope our wee little runt has enough spunk to belly up to the buffet just like the bigger chicks.

Must wind it down and get ready for bed. Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote