Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-22, 06:39 AM  
cambet

Friends in Fitness - Summer 2022

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy and healthy summer!
Old 06-01-22, 06:52 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 1. It went by pretty quickly. Since I haven't done weights in a while, I didn't use over 8 lbs for any exercise. I'll start to increase that today, I just thought that I should ease into it first. I woke up this morning sore and had to remember that I worked out yesterday with weights, so it's just lite DOMS. As a warm up before the workout I did JS's 10 Min Dance Walk. Throughout the day I did most of CH: Bring the Heat to help make my hourly step goal and last night I tacked on JS 15-min Boogie Down Walk from her 5 Fat Burning Miles. It was ok. I seemed to have remembered that I liked it more than I did last night, but it's been a long while since I did it. Made it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

Hi SB!
Old 06-01-22, 08:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I didn't work out yesterday. We got to just about 100 degrees I had a few errands and I was done after that. It's cloudy and much cooler today so I'm hoping for a walk soon.

CAMBET, thanks for starting us off for the summer!! Good job on the first CE workout.
It is wise to start out slowly. Nice hitting your step totals too. And it's always good to lose a couple of lbs. so congrats. My weight is still creeping up and I need to make it stop.
My eating isn't good so that's top priority but being more consistent with my workouts can only help. ETA --In re-reading your post from the last thread, I see you weigh-in once a week on Sundays. I weigh every day. The ups and downs are frustrating on a daily basis sometimes. I'm wondering if I should weigh once a week instead. Just something to think about. 2nd ETA -- I started the daily weigh ins when I had my big weight loss almost 9 years ago. It really helped me to be accountable so that's why I kept it up. But I was so dialed in back then. Now that I'm a little off track it's more frustrating but then again maybe it's what I need to get back on track. I needed this ramble to try to get my thoughts together so thanks. LOL

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 06:48 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday was a rest day for Chalean Extreme, and I'm glad it was because as the day went on, my DOMS increased to the point that I had trouble walking. I worked from home yesterday, so I got in a lot of movement. I did most of CH: Bring the Heat throughout the day to help with my hourly step goals, then I also did Jessica's Fast Fat Burn from 15 Min Fast Fat Blasts and all of CH Elite: Wild Horse later in the day. Made it to over 11,000 steps for the day. I don't feel quite so sore so far this morning, so hopefully I'll be able to get back to CE later today (I have an appointment to get my oil changed this morning).

SB - We all skip days, I'm sure you'll get back to it soon. Almost 100 degrees?? Wow! It's been hot here, but our temps haven't gotten that high yet. We are scheduled to hit 93 today, so we'll see. I think that it makes sense that you would weigh daily if you're dialed in to what you are doing. Now that I have more time, I'm eating better and working out, but just a few weeks ago I was struggling to get in workouts and overeating, so I didn't want or need a daily reminder of how far off track I was. It's amazing how you can put weight on so fast and then when you are actually trying to do better and lose it, it comes off so slow. I keep my scale set up and sometimes I step on it before I hop in the shower, just to see how things are going during the week. I think that I would get discouraged it I weighed in daily. It's always nice when I think, ok, I've been good this week with my eating and exercise, I expect to see results; and then I see that I have dropped a pound or two. I better get ready to get out of here for my car appt. Have a great day!
Old 06-02-22, 08:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

36 minute outdoor walk

Hoping to get out for another walk today before the rains return. We had quite a bit of rain last night too.

CAMBET, I always like DOMS because it makes me think I did some good work but not to the point where you have trouble walking. LOL. I hope the soreness continues to ease up. At least the high heat doesn't usually last more than a day or 2 around here. It was actually not that hot in NYC which isn't too far or other areas but we're a little inland and it just seems to hold the heat here at times. It's good to hear you have more time now for some self care.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 06-03-22, 07:35 AM  
cambet

Good Morning!

Yesterday was a challenging day. While waiting to get my oil changed I became aware that two of my coworkers were having a major disagreement about an issue that I was supposed to provide some information on today to an administrator. So, since I was already out, I spent a couple of hours running errands and then spent A LOT of time trying to mediate this situation. I was on the phone with one of them for over two hours and then went into the office and met with other for over an hour. I think that I did some good in the situation- getting us to a point where I can provide the information that is due today- but the whole thing is part of a larger recurring problem and it was mentally exhausting to have to deal with this whole thing AGAIN.

I got home and realized that I needed to cut the grass, so my workout for the day was doing that. I fell asleep after dinner but woke up a little before midnight and realized that I wasn't too far from 10,000 steps. So I did about 20 mins of CH Elite: Rope & Ride. I made it to 9,922 steps for the day.

Today is going to be a busy work day, so I'm going to go ahead and do my Chalean Extreme workout after I finish posting.

SB - Great job getting back to your outdoor walking! The DOMS have eased up, but I expect that I'll experience them again after I do this next CE workout, which works some different body parts (I think it's bis, tris, and back today). I hope that the heat eases up for you soon. It was 85 while I was cutting the grass yesterday evening , but it's supposed to rain today, so I had to get it done. Have a great day!
Old 06-04-22, 09:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

40 minute outdoor walk

I think I need to walk before I do anything else in the morning, after my coffee of course. If I don't go right away I can get myself distracted so easily and then I lose interest. LOL. No walking today though.
I have a bridal shower that I have to leave for soon and then dinner with friends this evening.

CAMBET, I remember you had issues with disagreeing colleagues in the past that were very time consuming. You must have a lot of patience! Well getting the lawn mowed is important and you got a workout too.
I hope you enjoyed the CE workout and don't have severe DOMS.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-06-22, 07:22 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Friday I did CE Burn Circuit 2. I had read a lot of reviews about it that say that it can be tough on the back, and it was, indeed. I tried to be very careful as not to overdo it, since I've had back issues on one side in the past. It's a tough but good workout. In the evening I joined some friends that I had not seen for a while for coffee, which was quite nice.

Saturday I did a 15-min JS w/o, the Power Pick Up walk from 15 Fast Fat Blasts, but my real workout for the day was shopping. My weight gain has meant a muffin top and ill-fitting clothes, so I while I was out running errands I stopped off to return something at a store and found they had a decent-sized dress collection. Over an hour later of walking back and forth to try on A LOT of dresses , I found a few (looser) ones that I can wear to work that should help until I'm able to fit back into my summer clothes. I did the JS walk later in the evening and made it to over 12,500 for the day.

Sunday I took the day off, mostly. I realized that if I'm going to go hard with the Chalean Extreme workouts during the week, then I'll need a day off. I'm behind a bit on the rotation, but I've decided that that's ok. As long as I'm doing it, I'm going to cut myself some slack as needed. Also, I found that I had lost 2.4 lbs when I did my weigh-in yesterday, so I was pretty excited about that. I think that the weight (and this extra weight is a product of stress/over eating for the last 2 months, so I'm not expecting it to stick around) will come off, I'm just going to have to stick to my regimen and be patient.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of work that needs to get done this morning, but I'm planning to get in a CE workout later today.

SB - Great job with your outside walk! Like you, I'm better off when I can get my workout done first thing in the morning. I wish I could do that this morning. I hope that you enjoyed the bridal shower and dinner with friends. Yeah, one of my coworkers is perpetually problematic (and, if you ask me, evil ) and she is ultimately behind the riff that occurred between the two on Friday. That is why these problems are recurring and exhausting to have to deal with. In better news, my DOMS seems to be over, and I'm very glad about that. Have a great day!
Old 06-06-22, 10:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

47 minute outdoor walk

We're having a little spell of really delightful weather so I'm trying to take advantage of it. I meant to get out sooner to walk but I had a few phone calls I didn't want to miss but I'm hoping to get out there now.

CAMBET, great job with the CE workouts.
I'm sure they're tough and a rest day can only help. Good job on the weight loss.
I'm noticing my clothes getting a little tight from my winter layoff but I'm going to hold off on new clothes because I don't think it will take too much to get this meno pot under control, maybe 5 lbs hopefullY? Fortunately I don't need work clothes so I can get by with casual wear for now. I'm glad you were able to find some comfortable dresses for now.

I had a fun weekend and hopefully no ill effects. I had a couple of friends come down with covid a couple of weeks ago so it's still out there waiting to pounce.
I try to be cautious but it is nice to get out to parties and restaurants again so I'm hoping for the best

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-07-22, 08:29 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday was an active day! I did CE Burn Intervals (47 mins) and Ab Burner (11 min). Burn Intervals was interesting; it alternates doing 2 mins of light(er) weights (for muscle endurance- I used 2 lbs, 3 lbs, and 5 lbs- I'll go a little heavier next time) with about 2 mins of doing plyo/high impact moves (like jump roping, jumping jacks, burpees, some kickboxing moves, etc.). I did most of the moves low impact and subbed in something different for the burpees to make the workout work for me. There were some challenging moves in the Ab Burner w/o and it made me realize how weak my core is. I'm going to think about how to work on that (since we're only scheduled to do Ab Burner once a week and I think that I need more regular help than that ).

I also did CH: Cardio Round Up throughout the day to help make my hourly step goals and two JS miles. I did the 15 min One Mile of Motivation walk from WS3 and the first mile from her 4 Mile Power Walk DVD. I remembered not being a fan of that workout (in fact, I had to go dig it out of shelving in a back room where I put exercise DVDs that I don't use regularly) and I wanted to remember why. Upon doing it, I found that some of the moves are kind of boring and unimaginative (there are some typically enjoyable Jessica moves but some new ones that fell flat for me). At the time it was released, I had high hopes for it and I remember being a bit disappointed that it felt boring). I made it to over 12,800 steps for the day.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk! I'm glad that you are having some very agreeable weather. Sorry to hear that your clothes are a little tight, but I'm sure you'll get it under control before it requires new clothes. I wish I had, but last semester just was what it was, and I can't go back, so I'll do better going forward. I'm still being cautious about Covid and still wearing a mask in indoor public places. I've had two recent occasions where I had meetings with people who tested positive for Covid shortly afterwards. On both occasions I wore my mask during the meetings and I did not end up getting it. I'm convinced that masks are effective! Have a good day!