Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-08-22, 10:02 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, I hope some PT type of solution can get things managed for you and avoid a toe/foot surgery. Good that you pursued checking this out now though to get a handle on it.

MT, Have you had the procedure yet? I hope you can get some resolve there. Sounds like it's been going on for too long.

Sherry, I hope you are finding some improvement for your situation as well.

Helen, great job at keeping up with your exercise goal!

Vannie, I've got some old fav's from youtube like Guerilla Zen and Redefining Strength but they don't post as much anymore or it's not applicable. I've really been getting a lot out of TNT(Tone and Tighten) recently. I haven't checked my subscriptions in a while but I save way too many video clips. I try to keep it under 200 but it always creeps up.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 10:23 AM  
Vantreesta

I'm not great about looking at original posts for updates. You really are rockin' it, Helen!

Katie, I've gotten some good stuff from TNT too. I recently added Dr. Emily Splichal's channel bc she's a functional podiatrist. When you say you save videos, what do you mean by that?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 11:46 AM  
Leonana

Vannie, I can't tell yet. It can take up to four weeks, and I might have to increase dose. However, I have some relief from taking a muscle relaxant at night and wearing a mouth guard. However, it doesn't fit well, and causes some TMJ pain. I get my new mouth guards on Friday, and those should help a lot. So, I am having some relief, and can do a bit more activity. But not to where I can chew or exercise yet. It will take some time to find what works. But I am encouraged to have less pain, and it's more manageable. Thanks for asking! I hope you can find some help with PT. Good idea to get a second opinion.

Katie, I'm glad you are having great weather.

MT, I hope the procedure is very successful for you. I think it's always an advantage to have something that fixes the problem permanently.
Old 06-08-22, 12:32 PM  
MathTeacher

I have not made a follow up appointment with the ENT yet. My GP and ENT are both hoping to clear up my issues with meds. Neither wants to cut unless it is necessary. My DD is getting married Saturday. That is the main focus right now. I am calling the ENT Monday.

Vannie, I think there is nothing worse than foot pain.....

Sherry, .........except maybe tooth pain.

Helen, you are rocking the Cathe work outs!

Katie, I am jealous of your good weather. We got 6+ inches of rain in May. We have 3.5 inches already in June.
Old 06-08-22, 03:39 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm glad your doctors wanted to try conservative treatment options before going to surgery, MT. And how exciting about your daughter getting married! Happy day!

Yeah that's the funny thing about my feet and I guess why I was completely blind sided by any mention of surgery. They only hurt every so often and it's never been bad enough to make me stop doing anything and the mild pain only lasts like a day or two. I don't feel like that sounds like a surgery candidate! It's possible my hypermobility has caused or contributed to this problem like it seems to with all my other physical issues. I've also recently discovered that what I thought was good posture has actually been very hard on different parts of my body. My PT told me to slouch!! Of course, when I looked at my profile in the mirror with everything relaxed (slouching), my posture actually looks aligned so there you go.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-08-22, 05:03 PM  
Leonana

MT, congratulations to your daughter!
Old 06-09-22, 09:34 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, to save videos on youtube, you need to create a playlist on your page. You can make it private so only visible by you. When you are watching a video you want to save, at the bottom right where the like/dislike buttons are, there are three(I think) horizontal lines with a plus sign. Click on that and it will give you the option to add to your playlist.

MT, I sure hope the conservative route works and you don't have to have the surgery. WOW! That is really a lot of rain!! We are getting a lot for us. Definitely a cooler, wetter summer but still really nice too. Congrats to your DD! Very exciting!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 06-09-22, 09:48 AM  
Vantreesta

Okay, thanks, Katie. I have a ton of playlists, I just wasn't sure what you meant.

Old 06-10-22, 01:31 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Went for a great walk late in the day yesterday. I already have done a ToneandTighten youtube clip this morning. I went through and deleted some of my saved youtube clips. I still have over 200 but I saved one and deleted at least 5 so that is progress.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 06-12-22, 02:37 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I'm not doing a very good job(thus far) on my water goals. I'm always short by at least couple glasses before the end of the day. Just too busy and it slips my mind. Hope to change that moving forward.

Do The Next Thing!