Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-29-22, 06:23 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

Well, I slept poorly last night, thanks to our insane cat, Riley. She is going deaf and is extremely food motivated so she was whining until 1 am to be fed. Constantly! It’s part behavioral, part who knows what. Last night was a particularly aggravating night. We’ve had her tested for everything imaginable and nothing comes up on any tests. She’s just a big pain in the butt! Anyway, I managed:

Jessica Valent’s Piriformis exercises and stretches – this was nice and easy but so informative!

That was it!

Pat: Angel was a good girl today! Even though I took her out to do her business, she decides to do it in her diaper when we get inside. What are you gonna do? She’s easy to bathe and DH was there to give me an extra hand with her diaper. I keep telling her she’s lucky she’s cute!

Donna: Agreed – both parties are totally off track. I’m trying to be hopeful but it’s difficult. Glad to see you’re still enjoying Jessica’s new set! It drives me crazy when I buy the newest workouts and they quickly get “Joni-O’d”! Lately, I’m just sticking to tried and true workouts that I’ve always enjoyed.

Hope you’re doing well, Summer Breeze!!!!!

Have a good night everyone – here’s to a good night’s sleep for all!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 09:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I have to fly by today. Taking tomorrow off! Woo hoo. I will be meeting my great grandnephew 2, Seamus, for the first time.

Yesterday featured a lunch walk, GYM for 15 treadmill and 45 weight machines and dumbbells, and 6,800 steps.

Make it a great day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 10:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Interval Cardio plus the "Release" stretch.

I didn't do the 5K "Fast Walk" but substituted Jessica's 21 Day DVD - Low Impact HIIT instead. That one doesn't have a count down timer either but I understand the workout structure is 5 intervals, so I had a sense of "timing" in that one.

I did follow up with the Release Stretch - I was probably a little too harsh in my judgment of the stretch DVD - my criticism was that it was like her other stretch workouts - but you know, there is only so much you can do w/ a stretch workout.

Again, I'm really bonding with these and I'm trying to figure out if I can handle doing them while my bathroom is being renovated. I'm just not sure since the contractors get here early and I have lost my "steam" for super early morning workouts - in part spoiled from WFH and not having to plan so much since my commute is gone AND my elderly dog has me up at least 2X a night to go out so my sleep is not great. It will probably a struggle in and of itself to be up and showered before the contractors get here every day. And by evening I'm petering out...but we shall see. I may just find a plan of short workouts (20-30 min) to do while that work is happening and then maybe re-visit this set again.

I wonder if Jessica will create some new master rotations that include these workouts?

Diane - Angel sounds much like my Bailey. Bailey is still able to get up - but she definitely struggles and she has kidney disease which makes for some "urgency" and accidents. I don't think the time has come - she still likes to eat and she still likes to be with us - we have dog beds all over the house so she can make herself comfortable wherever we are and she seems content. But her mobility is really going downhill and it is hard for her to do her business properly if you know what I mean.

Pat - enjoy the day off tomorrow! I'm off next week, yes, it is nice to start a new job and then get a vacation! LOL! But this was pre-planned and my DH is off and even though it is a staycation, I want to be able to do some day trips, etc. And I feel I need the refresh. Enjoy meeting the grand nephew!

Waves, Summer Breeze - hope all is going well on your end.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 05:56 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey there!

Today was an easy day with Angel. She didn’t mess her diaper but I have a feeling my friends will come home to a present! She has her days, that’s for sure. She desperately needs a haircut and I have told them that but no groomer will take her because she cannot stand. Unfortunately, Scott and Steven can be a bit frugal and don’t want to pay the vet to shave her down. It’s getting harder to get her diaper back on and she looks like a baby polar bear with a lot more hair! I’m finding it frustrating at the moment. If they had to pay a pet sitter (and not a friend), it would be quite an awakening money-wise. Taking care of any disabled animal can be difficult and you need someone who knows what they’re doing. I’m planning on letting them know that I’m done at the end of the year as Gerry and I want to do more things and travel a bit. Also, I take care of her every day at 12 pm and dead center of the day really limits us. I’m going to have that talk with them this weekend.

Today’s Workout:
  • Treadlift using Spin Bike – cardio intervals with back workout intervals
  • Pushups
  • Reverse crunches
  • Bike Ride: 9.21 miles while DH ran
  • Afternoon: Walk through neighborhood – 2.36 miles.

Pat: How fun meeting the great grandnephew! Enjoy!

Donna: Poor Bailey and poor you. It’s so hard seeing them struggle as they really become geriatric. It’s similar except Angel doesn’t walk and she’s incredibly spoiled and headstrong. I sound like a lunatic trying to reason with her! How long do you think the second bathroom will take? It’s hard having workers in the house. My husband is still disgusted by the first contractor we had finish our basement right after we moved into the house. Let me say this gently – he USED our bathroom and did not wash his hands – that freaked Gerry out. Gerry’s a stickler for cleanliness, especially washing hands and this has stayed with him almost 7 years later! However, he did a beautiful job on the basement – great contractor, not-so-great cleanliness manners!

Hi to Summer Breeze!

Wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th!!!!

Diane
Old 07-01-22, 01:30 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good afternoon!!

Just a quick pop in. Asking for prayers, healing vibes, thoughts, whatever you got.
The doctor recommended surgery since the fracture has moved a little out of alignment.
I'm a bit overwhelmed right now and not sure how I feel about this. She said it should heal without the surgery but I guess there's a better outcome with the surgery.
I'm still processing right now.

Sorry to be brief and for lack of personals.

Hope you're all well and have a wonderful weekend!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 02:37 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

A bit late today in checking in -

I did:

Jessica's Strength Workout (31 min) and her "Recover" stretch.

This set is growing on me!

Summer Breeze - I'm sorry to hear about your Dr's recommendation. It is a tough decision to make - sending you prayers and healing vibes -

Diane - last night Bailey did not wake me up - but I woke myself up and then was worried about her, so woke her up.... we certainly do worry about them. I understand where you are coming from w/ regard to Angel. That is a lot to take on - you retired presumably to have freedom not to be tied down every day to a schedule.

Waves, Pat - I hope you enjoy the weekend.

Take care,

Donna
Old 07-01-22, 06:35 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

Bad allergy day today – itchy eyes, lots of sneezing, etc. I’m an allergic-type person anyway. One bug bite and I swell up. I found out I was allergic to bamboo when I bought a bamboo pillow and my face blew up overnight! My body sometimes does weird things…..

Today’s workout:
  • Treadlift – treadmill – my legs were tired this morning so I erred on the side of caution as I don’t want to reinjure myself. Treadmill tomorrow and I just did the shoulder work from the rotation and added abs and yoga at the end.

Summer Breeze: Oh no. I totally understand this is your decision and I support you whatever you decide but, thinking about this, if the ankle heals, could it possibly heal incorrectly and then have to be surgically fixed? If that were the case, I think I would opt for the surgery to fix it correctly in one shot. However, surgery is not an easy decision. This just totally sucks and I’m so, so sorry. Sending you healing hugs and lots and lots of positive healing energy your way.

Donna: Glad Bailey was OK! I’m always checking on Riley as she’s so rambunctious and then all of a sudden she goes quiet. I make sure she’s breathing but try not to wake her because she’s such a pest – her basic personality is just insane! Always has been, always will be until her last breath! I texted one of Angel’s dads and asked if his partner, Steven, was still retiring in October. Well, it turns out not so definite now! I love my friends so much and I know how hard it would be to find a pet sitter who can handle a fully disabled animal without breaking the bank. So, DH and I discussed and I think I will continue, hoping upon hope that Steven retires in October. If not, I will just have to take time off to do things that we want to do, giving them enough notice to get a temporary. I found a pet sitter today who also is a Vet Assistant (she was walking dogs in my neighborhood) and she seems like a perfect fit for us. She can pill, she works for herself so all her hard earned money goes directly to her and not just a portion, and she was just lovely. We’re planning a trip to Binghamton as DH’s best friend and wife will be staying at his mom’s house for a couple of weeks. This will be a short one nighter but gives us a chance to try out the pet sitter. It’s so hard to find someone you can trust.

Pat: Hope you’re enjoying Seamus!!!!!!

Have a good night everyone!

Diane
Old 07-02-22, 08:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I had such a nice time with family yesterday. Both grandnieces, Seamus and his parents, my son, niece and her DH. Seamus was a little unsure of all these new people but he handled it well. He's so squishy and adorable. He let me play with his toes and give him a little kiss on the cheek after our several hours together. So nice to see the two grandnieces, too. One of them moved back home and will be teaching yoga here!

In fitness world I tried Ellen's 7-Day Workout Challenge - Feel Good Fusion. Loved the routine but was so aggravated with buffering issues. After four rebooting episodes I gave out. According to the FB group this is a known problem.

Summer Breeze, best wishes with making that difficult decision. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.

Donna, it does seem like the Jessica collection was a very good purchase for you.

I hope your reaction calms down soon Diane. You would like Seamus' mom, her and her partner have three dog rescues. One of them was a bait dog in a dog fighting ring. A sweet little mutt from Cairo in Egypt. She has an online friend over there who arranges rescues and adoptions, the poor animals there are so abused.

Have a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-22, 03:53 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today's workout:

Jenny Ford - Seven Summit Step Challenge # 1 of 65 - this was a basic step routine....but I can tell I have improved my cardio capacity so that is encouraging.

I also did the "rejuvenate" stretch from Jessica's stretch DVD.

Pat - Glad you had a nice visit w/ family.

Diane - I'm really allergic to insect bites and poison ivy -

Summer Breeze - sending you good wishes

Hope everyone enjoys the day!

Donna
Old 07-03-22, 02:32 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast

Caribbean Workout - Core Pilates- Section 3 - Core & Lower Body - this was a really good one, it has all of my favorite lying-side exercises!

Ellen - Standing Stretch

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga