Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-22, 01:43 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I kept with Caroline EPIC Endgame today with lower body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPgU...4uVpN&index=22) and I really liked it...it is always a relief when she mixes in more bodyweight work, the burn is still there but it slightly less grueling! With warm up and stretch it was 54 minutes. I was feeling strong so I started playing with 20# weights instead of 15# for a few of the leg exercises, so I'll probably be extra sore tomorrow!

Tomorrow not sure exactly but probably a cardio/abs/stretch combo! Then a total body on Saturday and (stamina/energy pending) a Barlates Triple Burn on Sunday!

Eventmom CD Dorner definitely has some much harder cardio workouts. Her weight workouts look great too but I've mostly been trying out her cardio because I'm already so thrilled with Caroline. And her step is mostly too complex for me LOL. The cardio of hers I did last Sunday felt doable though because it was a mix of low and high impact, and even with the high impact she demonstrates low impact first so sometimes I can just stick with that if I'd like.

Haha sorry the chair wasn't just the thing for TA, but at least it was cheap!

Buzzer waves!
Old 06-30-22, 01:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA year 2 level 5 day 2 + 15min TA cardio

ebianco - the chair sort of works but it's not 'the chair' - when TA first released meta/continuity she said she's list some affordable chairs that would work, never happened. Of course the chairs I see her use in workouts are hundreds of dollars! typical TA lol.

hi buzzer!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 02:55 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

Today I walked on the treadmill to get my steps then I tried out my first Michelle Briehler workout, a fusion workout that had a little bit of a lot of things which I thought would be good for a Friday, it has a kettlebell leg set (I used my very lightweight purple Firm kettlebell), then a yoga/bodyweight arm set, then another yoga set that was kind of dynamic stretch, then an ab set using a stability ball, then stretch. (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivlZ...Xm_p&index=113) It was about 40 minutes and the time went by fast, and was great for today. Michelle synched everything to pretty good music and I'll definitely be doing more of hers.

Eventmom and Buzzer, I saw on GD that Classical Stretch Season 11 is streaming for free this weekend through Monday July 4! (Link here:
https://www.essentricstv.com/classic...-body-mobility) I definitely plan on doing at least an episode or two this weekend!

Eventmom That is funny about TA and the chair. I remember a few years ago some GD threads about trying to find the right chair, and how the actual chair used was so expensive. Thats classic TA
Old 07-01-22, 04:52 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - action jacquelyn pilates sculpt + fitprime kickboxing.

so I have a horse show tomorrow and didn't want to be too tired. got interrupted during cardio but ah well.

ebianco - she workouts look really good, but I've never done one ... thanks for the CS link, I would like to get in a couple of these over the weekend.

hi buzzer!
Old 07-02-22, 06:26 AM  
Buzzer

"Rest" day.. DONE!
walked doggies... DONE!

I walked the doggies on Thursday. Otis went for his 2 1/2 miles, then Eugene for his 1 mile. Then I got in the house, and LB and I got ready for Elitches. We picked up her friend, fought the Avalanche parade traffic, and got to Elitches about 11am. We rode the rides, ate bad food, drank all the lemonade, spent way too much time at the waterpark with the wind blowing (so cold!), then went back to the rides. I hauled their stuff to and from the car multiple times (we have "premier" parking so we park very close to the gate, so I can take wet clothes out and not have to carry it around all day!) I carried their drinks while they rode rides. It was a blast! I was so happy she had a friend there to ride with rides with. I think she has more fun on stuff with a friend rather than her Mom. Every other time we are there or will be there, she will have to ride with me. It was nice for both of us!

We were there from 11am to 8pm! I was so exhausted, and got about 20k steps in for the day. I drove us home, dropped off her friend (who thankfully lives just up the street), went home and just crashed. I was out and in bed within 10 minutes of walking in the door. It was a very busy day!

So yesterday I woke up cranky and tired. I skipped my workout, I was just tired (and cranky!). DH took LB (thankfully) with him to run errands and go to the shop, so I had the day. I went and got myself some new sneakers, and also a few things for the house. We still had a Christmas wreath hanging outside above our front door, so I got us a more decorative one. Stuff like that.

I hung the wreath, cleaned the house a bit, moved things around on the walls, then sat outside to read my cookbooks and drink a glass of wine. It was a great day, especially when I am cranky and tired!

DH and LB got home, so I had to kick into action and put away the veggies and stuff DH bought, see LB's new shoes, show her mine, and then we watched "Bad Guys". Not as exhausting of a day, but a full day anyhow!

Today I am going to lift, then we are meeting friends to go for a quick hike, then Westernaires. DH wanted to have a fire pit tonight, so after that I need to get my workout room ready for people to use the bathroom, clean up the yard, and make sure the fire pit is ready (enough chairs, arranged, wood around, etc). Then the fun begins and I get to haul drinks, cups, plasticware, plates, cook food, and entertain tonight. I'm not sure I am looking forward to it, but it'll be good.

I just need a few days off!

Eventmom: I remember the fluff up about the chair on GD too. I'm glad you found one that semi works. I still think Tracy overwhelmed herself with doing new workouts constantly, plus taking care of a young family, plus her gym, plus whatever else... then she made the promise of the chair, and that just went by the wayside. She was really big for a while! That was probably a lot of weight on her shoulders. How did your horse show go?

I'm glad to have the ADHD diagnosis. He's trying very hard to overcome some of the things that comes with it, and that's really good. I keep telling him I am reserving judgement or not saying things that can come back and bite me, because a switch can be turned on and turned off. I will not incriminate myself if the switch is turned off again! He has been much more pleasant to be around and I can tell he's really trying. He's not giving me any static about cleaning things up or getting rid of stuff. There is actually an ironing board I married into, that has been in the shed for 15 years. We have NEVER used it. I have tried to get rid of it three times, and this time I put it out for trash, clenching my teeth in case he tells me to put it back in the shed, and instead he said "call (our friend) and give it to him to recycle" (it's a large, folding ironing board, very old school). I was over the moon with that one! Apparently the diagnosis is that he is an extreme example of ADHD. Which explains a lot of things!

Ebianco: Every time they offer a season of CS for free, I download it like a hoarder then never look at it again. I will resist this time, especially since I don't even know if this is the same season she offered the last two times that I downloaded! Thanks for letting us know though. It's always good to have the option to download and hoard again

Today I am not feeling much spunkier, but I got a busy day ahead of me. Onward and upward!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 12:12 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I did my steps on the treadmill (which I also use as a warm up when I'm short on time) then kept my Caroline EPIC Endgame theme this week and went with this total body workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Qt...T5yzc&index=40) which was a toughie, I tried to keep up with very heavy weights and was really sweating. It didn't have as many metabolic style exercises as I've usually been going for on Saturday total body workouts but it still got my heart rate up by rotating upper and lower, then abs at the end.

Today I'm a bit spent, I'm getting my steps in but not sure what I'll do. Last week I was all jazzed about doing more Barlates Triple Burn and this week I'm like uh nope So probably a CS episode!

Eventmom and Buzzer I remember the last time was Season 14 (it's Season 11 this time) because I remember really liking it. I liked it enough I considered buying it (if they're still doing DVDs not sure ) but then I considered if I thought I would be consistent, would probably stream a month or two first to try different seasons, but then I didn't do either of those things LOL. Anyway I'll be excited to try out Season 11 today and tomorrow. The freebie streaming is a good sales tactic because it pulls me back in every time! I don't really overly enjoy doing the CS episodes, as we've discussed before they're too "hard" to be a totally easy stretch workout but they're too easy to be a challenging workout. I have to have just the right amount of low energy but still some ambition to really do one with flair....hopefully today that's the balance I feel! I only stick with it because there is a notable rejuvenation I feel after the CS workouts the rest of the day and maybe the day after.

It is really funny about TA and the chair and all the talk about it, and you're right Buzzer it was probably overwhelming for TA at the time and the chair idea was forgotten.

Buzzer Well I'm glad DH seems to be more self aware with his diagnosis, hopefully he will continue to be more receptive of getting rid of things now!
Old 07-03-22, 12:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - sara ivanhoe's hip/butt/thighs whatever 20 min yoga before the horse show, then eventually a CS episode from the free season. It was all I could manage. It was hot - like heat index >100, and of course I've got on a helmet, leather chaps, crash vest. so hot , and I forgot to use my asthma inhaler when I first got there, forgot electrolytes, crap like that. I'm fine but I was wiped out.

today - action jac. gentle barre and the 20 min resistance stretch.

buzzer- I'm sure it is so helpful to have the diagnosis! at least you know what is going on and it sounds like recognition is helpful. I'd be doing the happy dance about getting rid of an unused ironing board.

ebianco - I liked the workout from this season, glad you linked it as I used your link to stream off my phone LOL.

buzzer & ebianco -yeah the chair!!! yep we all have $500 for a stupid chair.
Old 07-06-22, 06:42 AM  
Buzzer

Cathe Gym Style Chest and Triceps... DONE!
Walked 5k... DONE!

I ended up with 7 1/2 miles of walking on the 4th. That was a great workout!

So I did Gym Style Chest and Tris the morning of the 4th. I used 20 pound weights as a chest press instead of doing pushups, then she went into chest presses (which seems redundant and a bit of over doing it!) So I stayed with my 20's. My right wrist started to bother me, so I took some breaks. Lots of chest presses! My chest got a huge workout! She did those, then flies, then inclines, then incline flies... lots of chest. I knew I would be sore.

Triceps I opted for the overhead press instead of dips. Again, my joints don't like those movements. Then, what do you know, she does overhead presses again! So my chest and triceps were super sore!

On the 4th, I woke up LB to go get the numbers and t-shirts for the 5k. She wanted to do it, then didn't. Then wanted to, then didn't. So I decided we would just go get the t-shirts and numbers and go to the pancake breakfast. When we got there, she knew so many people doing the 5k, she decided to do it. So DH was making pancakes for the pancake breakfast at the fire station, so LB went with her friends and I walked with mine. It ended up being so much fun!!! LB made a new friend, and I enjoyed walking. Someone was handing out chili dogs, so I had a chili dog for breakfast, and someone else was handing out mimosas, so I had a mimosa. It was a great 5k! People in the community just set up what they want and hand things out as you go past their house. It's such a great 5k. You don't have to register to hand things out, just show up, put out your table and do it. It's very small town and I love it!

So after lifting heavily, I walked the 5k. Plus I walked to and from the house a few times, plus down the street about a mile to watch the parade... LB rode in a dump truck in the parade and participated in the water fight. She had a blast!

Then we stayed at our friends' house where we watched the parade, and hung out for most of the day. It was a good day. LB got in a LOT of playing!

Last night she went to the Lyle Lovett concert with some friends (and two sets of parents). From the pictures being sent to me, she had a BLAST. She danced a lot and looked like she just enjoyed the crap out of it. She should be exhausted today!

Today I will attempt gym style legs. After doing the chest/tris, I think each of these workouts will be killer!!! I'll have to watch clips to see what I'm getting into today!

I took a rest day yesterday, because I was so exhausted. I just cleaned the house and read books.

Eventmom: When LB did westernaires this last Saturday, there were some girls getting sick from the heat. It was only 90! (only, ha!). I can't imagine over 100. Plus they didn't have on crash vests and leather chaps, just lightweight white shirts. I'm proud of you for just living through that one! I remember thinking that the $500 chair was so showy. I always felt like she had that chair not because it was the best one for the workout, but so she could show off the $500 chair. But she would find a reasonable copy for us peasants. I liked TA, but her personality put me off. I'm proud of her for getting where she was, and being able to afford a $500 chair though!! Seriously. If I could afford a $500 chair, I'd show it off too.

Ebianco: I think if I met your dogs I would automatically love them. They seem like a perpetual motion machine of fluff. I do love Classical Stretch too, I just don't know how to fit them in. I think it's great if you can do it exclusively, however I can't do that. I remember when I was putting it in, I ended up with back pain. However it was during a barre rotation too, so it could have been the barre and CS mix. I just can't figure out how to add it to my rotations!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-22, 12:15 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Following up from Sunday, I ended up doing Classical Stretch Season 11 episodes 1 and 4 (not the whole thing of I think episode 1) for an overall 30 minute dose of CS. What I did like is that Miranda really explained each exercise so I am really getting the most out of it (I liked this about season 14 as well). What I didn't like is that the music was very hard to hear in the background. So I didn't really do too much (about 1.5 episodes) but based on that I like Season 14 better. I still may do their streaming one of these days!

Monday-Tuesday were planned rest days. Also yesterday I was feeling very rundown and a little sick so I took a real sick day from work. I'm back at it today but I'm still going a little slow.

Early this morning I started with Caroline EPIC Heat legs (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iyU...4uVpN&index=23). It was more doable not just because it was shorter, but because much of it was bodyweight. Which was perfect for today because I'm definitely still not at 100% energy. Then I walked extra on the treadmill to make up my steps for today and yesterday while I got some work in.

Eventmom Haha I'm glad the link worked for you!

Buzzer That Cathe workout sounds like it was tough for the chest for sure!

It sounds like an awesome day for the 5k where you got to walk with your friend and LB got to walk with her friend!! My DH and I went to a baby goat farm and it was also super fun. They were so snuggly! My only complaint is I got a real sunburn on the back of my neck where I forgot to put sun screen.

I think you would absolutely love my doggies and I would love yours too, after hearing about them so much!!

I am thinking maybe later in life it might make sense to do CS exclusively for sure, but not yet! I have to say the CS episodes felt good last weekend but I didn't feel that notable rejuvenation like I usually do. Or maybe I was just too busy to notice. But thankfully no back pain.
Old 07-06-22, 02:01 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

monday - action jacquelyn killer booty, abs & arm lift, 15m in TA cardio, 10 minute stretch.
Tuesday - TA vogue workout on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou4hhzbg0f8 + 22 kathy smith cardio
today - stretch action jacquelyn then worked on cleaning the tack room, then 10 minute stretch

so we were supposed to leave today for Taos but my truck had a weird smell when I got to the show on Saturday. So we want to get it checked out before we drive 11 hours with 3 horses. Our mechanic is closed all week. The dealership could get us an appointment next week. So here we are, under the heat dome 104 tomorrow, 105 Monday. And it's 80 degrees in Taos. So wish we were driving right now. I'm basically loaded, actually had to unload stuff this morning.

buzzer - heat is so relative. I grew up in Phoenix and it's dry you sort of get used to it. And we NEVER rode during the day in the summer. Pony club stopped during the summer, shows were held at night under lights. But, 90 is hot if it's been 70. Sorry those girls got sick. I just have to remember electrolytes and chips for the next show, and to use my stupid asthma inhaler when I first get to this show. So the 5k sounds like a walk around party, sort of a block party in motion LOL.

ebianco - I only managed to get in one CS episode, I liked it. But I was so focused on packing and loading so we could go and I forgot about it. Sorry you aren't feeling well, hope you're 100% soon.