Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-29-22, 08:55 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, I wasn't sure which practice you were referring to, but I pretty much love anything with multiple bolsters! So sorry about the nest you are monitoring - but I love that we have a "Barefoot Nest."

Pam, I hope Margot is okay too.

Moving slow this morning b/c I woke up with a migraine; I hadn't been getting them this frequently, but I think that both allergens and weather pressure have been worse this year.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 10:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I just have to add, I saw on our nest cam that there's some excitement today. The shadow of a large bird keeps passing overhead and Mom has been calling out. Alpha chick got in on the action - he found his voice and keeps stretching up and yelling, too. Tough kid!

Beth - I hope you feel better soon.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 10:39 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire (Leg & Hip practice)

Beth, sorry about the migraine. I hope it goes away soon.

Pam, I've been wondering about Margot too.

Pat, sorry to hear about the disheveled osprey nest. This morning I saw the other chicks at West River Memorial Park are doing well.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 08:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~ETV: Jenny’s latest live, first 20 min
~Jessica’s WS3: Metabolic Conditioning - This was hard, lol. I had to go slower than Jessica at times as fast paced compound moves with weights have not agreed with my SI joint in the past.
~YogaTX (YT): 20 min yin yoga for stress relief - Thanks for the link Beth! I enjoyed this one a lot, especially the shoulder stretch with the blocks. I used my small rectangular bolsters for the lat acupressure stretch as the blocks were too intense for me.
~45 min of hip & quad focused yin on my own

Beth - Sorry about the migraine! This spring has been a bad one for me migraine wise. Lately I’ve found CBD brings some relief. I think I need to switch migraine meds as the one I’m taking now has lost some effectiveness.

Pat - Too bad about the dishevelled nest, but I’m glad the West River chicks continue to thrive. Some little birds, likely sparrows or finches, built a nest between our garden hose reel and the wall of the house, not a safe secure place. There were two eggs in it when we left on Monday. When we got back today, sadly the eggs were gone. Likely a cat or a raccoon took them.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 08:55 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

I missed working out Monday and Tuesday -- Life got in the way (including going downtown for jury duty yesterday).

Today's Workout: A lower body mish-mosh. To warm up I started with various exercises from Total Body Solution and Bob & Brad. I then did several segments from Margaret Richard's Beauty To the Bone. Had to be cautious on a couple of them as they made my wayward left kneecap slip around. I then did the Fetal Thighs segment from Mari Winsor's Buns & Thighs, and finished with my own stretches.

I've made a doctor appointment for 7/15 with my doctor about my left knee. I put it a few weeks out as I want to try to figure out if the conservative measures I'm trying to do have any effect.

Is anyone doing anything fun this Fourth of July?

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 09:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks all! I felt better after taking my medicine but then felt basically hungover until mid-afternoon. I did eventually do some YouTube videos. I actually found a Pilates for migraines that I liked, and then I wound up doing the yoga for migraines on the same channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klHO0e5uDWk&t=630s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBHge4FaH5w&t=298s

Pre-migraine, I posted my first "remix" video on YouTube, a compilation of clips from my 3 recent yin videos. It was mainly an experiment to see how I did with the video editing; I think it turned out okay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5HG2MX6s4o

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-30-22, 09:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I have to fly by today. Taking tomorrow off! Woo hoo. I will be meeting my great grandnephew 2, Seamus, for the first time.

Yesterday featured a lunch walk, GYM for 15 treadmill and 45 weight machines and dumbbells, and 6,800 steps.

Make it a great day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 09:59 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 1104

CS Season 11 is unlocked for the next few days so I did one of my favorites, CS 1104.

Sandra, our younger son's birthday is the 4th of July. We always used to celebrate his birthday on 4th of July but this year we will have a party for him at our house on July 16th, which works out better for his work schedule.

Beth, that is very nice video editing on your Yin remix. I think it turned out good!

Pat, enjoy your day off work and meeting Seamus tomorrow!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 09:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, have fun meeting your grand-nephew!

Paine, thank you! I've actually decided to work on another - I'm boosting the audio on some of my older chair yoga practices and doing a "greatest hits" from them.

Went to my friend's yoga class today and the the two of us enjoyed a canalside bike ride together.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-30-22, 11:01 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Upper Focus from Jessica Smith's Boost Metabolism + Muscle.

Pat58: How fun to be meeting little Seamus!

Beth: Glad your migraine is better.

Waves to everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote