Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-23-22, 09:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Happy Thursday.

Yesterday was pretty scant, other than a mindset shift. I'm bailing on LWR's May challenge, too. I'll just play around with her new classes as they come out. I have new Bellyfits to try and my Ellen subscription. What I really need to focus on is strength! Anyway I accomplished:

~ Ellen's Ballet Sculpt with Weights
~ My own yin to open spine
~ 3,194 steps

The guys are coming this morning to do all that's needed to install the new oil tank. They come highly recommended, so I'm hopeful all will go well. We discovered several things that need to be addressed in basement after moving all DH's stuff. Mold, cracked cement, etc. One thing at a time!

Donna, ETV is really agreeing with you, makes sense to keep it in rotation. I see you're in same spot with major basement-y things needing replacement.

Good morning Diane, and sending hugs to Summer Breeze.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 03:42 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

Hoping to get on our bikes tomorrow. It was raining this morning, then I had Angel to care for, then I was hungry so ate a ½ sandwich and was too full to ride! So, tomorrow will have to be it – have to get our Vitamin D fix!

Today’s Workout:
  • Treadlift – using Elliptical – Back and Core Cardio intervals with strength intervals – Renegade Rows, Pushups, Bicycles, Supermans
  • 5 Day Killer Abs – I did reverse crunches and Russian twists
  • Stretch
  • Afternoon: Cathe Ab Circuits – No Equipment

Pat: So happy to hear your oil tank woes are behind you. It’s always, always, always something with a house!

Hi to Donna and healing hugs to Summer Breeze!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 08:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Nothing too exciting to report here!

This morning I did Jessica's 48 Min Circuit Workout - this was the last workout of the 4 week rotation. I didn't follow it 100% I made substitutes here and there but I tried to stick w/ the "theme" if I substituted.

I think I will continue for two more weeks. My 2nd bathroom is being remodeled starting the 2nd week in July and then it will be back to disruptions! And I'll just do whatever I can workout wise that I can fit in around the contractor's schedule.

Anyway - I'm glad the weekend is here.

My new job is going well - they are taking it easy on me. Still finishing up stuff from the old job....

Diane and Pat - I agree, there is always something w/ owning a house. We are considering having our well pump replaced - it is working - but we have no idea how old it is - we have lived here for 16 years, our house was built in the early 70's it is possible the original one is still down there....so since we have replaced every other piece of plumbing in this house - that will be the last of it.

I don't want to live in a house w/ well and septic ever again if I can avoid it!

Pat - I like the way you track your workout goals in the Just the Workouts page. I am missing some Ellen in my life. She may have to make an appearance this weekend.

Waves, Summer Breeze - how are things going?

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 08:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Things are just plodding along here. LOL.
I do what I can without overdoing it. Resting it mostly. It's been a week in the cast already. I go for follow up x rays next Friday. I've had several visitors this week so that's always fun.

DONNA, glad to hear they are taking it easy on you your first week. Doing Jessica another 2 weeks sounds like a good idea. All those renovations will look and feel so great when it's over.

DIANE, I think we have some hot weather coming in so be careful out there on those bike rides.

PAT, that's good to get that oil tank situation resolved. Oh that Van Gogh exhibition looks amazing!

Thanks for all the hugs and well wishes. I feel it!

Have a wonderful day!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 09:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Good morning!

~ Ellen Barrett Power Express
~ GYM for 15 treadmill and 30 weight machines
~ 4,962 steps

I received Kassandra's new book, A Year of Yoga, and love it! I skimmed through the entire book last night. First off it's a good size. Ravi and Ana's book turned out to be a monstrosity that was difficult to read and refer to. A Year of Yoga has so much more content than I anticipated, lots of fun topics like book suggestions, crystals and oils, and beautiful graphics.

Summer Breeze, I'm glad you are being pampered and visited. One week down!

Donna, good to hear your new co-workers are treating you well.

Diane, hoping you get out on your bike tomorrow for some fresh aid and adventure.

Make it a great day!
Old 06-24-22, 05:58 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

Today’s Workout:
Treadlift – decided I wasn’t in the mood to run on the treadmill so I did the
  • weight workout first (shoulder presses, front delt lifts, rear delt lifts, tricep dips, pushups) then….
  • Bike Ride: 13:45 miles
  • Afternoon: Yoga with Joelle – Piriformis and IT Band practice. Nice!!!

Donna: So happy your new job is going well! The area where we live has fought tooth and nail to not be connected to the sewer systems. The big battle cry up here is TAXES! Well, on the last referendum they lost and are now being connected to the sewer system. It’s sad to say that the OG of Upstate NY are not very well off. It’s obvious driving around and seeing so many older homes in total disrepair or cited to be torn down. I know nothing about septic tanks and wells but friends who have them don’t like them. Good to replace everything and get a good price on your home before moving on.

Summer Breeze: Good to hear you’re resting your ankle. Company always makes things better! You’ll be out of that cast and back on your feet before you know it. Yes, the heat is coming – it’s much warmer today and tomorrow and Sunday will be 90. Arghhhhhh…..

Pat: I just received Kassandra’s book as well, only mine is on the Kindle. Looking forward to delving into it! Going to attempt another bike ride either tomorrow or Sunday but it will have to be early as the heat is coming in! Lots of water and taking it slow!

Have a good night everyone!

Diane
Old 06-25-22, 03:49 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

Well we didn’t go for a bike ride today, mainly because I had to get my run in and that would take us later into the morning and the heat. Tomorrow is an early bike ride while DH runs.

We did end up cleaning the garage and washing the floors. I then did some badly needed weeding in the front of the house where my plants are. We also have a tree that, when fully bloomed, really blocks a driver’s vision pulling out of the driveway. Took my trusty saw and cut away the lower branches. So, all in all, I felt accomplished today. In all honesty, just trying to keep busy and not focus on the national news, which isn’t easy.

Today’s Workout:
  • Treadlift – Cardio section – treadmill run
  • 20 V-ups and 30 Mountain Climbers
  • Yoga for Sciatica with Lesley
  • Afternoon: Bad Yogi’s I Am Loved short practice

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Diane
Old 06-26-22, 09:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Things are more or less the same around here. Not much going on. DS and his gf visited yesterday so that was my excitement for the weekend. LOL

DIANE, looks like you got a lot accomplished in addition to your workouts. That's always a great feeling. I'm just sick to my stomach about what's going on in this country right now I have no words. It's good you can focus your energies elsewhere.

PAT, nice workouts and your new yoga book sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Hi DONNA!

Have a wonderful day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 10:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It's warm but nice here - so grateful we're out of reach of the heat dome for now. Last couple of days:

Friday:
~ Lunch walk
~ Bellyfit Sacred Heart from Springtime Ritual
~ Kassandra Evening Challenge #22, Yin for Sleep plus evening affirmations
~ 4,866 steps

Saturday:
~ Jessica Valant Everyday Pilates Workout
~ Bird 10 minute morning yoga
~ GYM for 15 recumbent bike plus 45 weight machines and dumbbells
~ Half mile beach walk
~ 4,866 steps

Sacred Heart was very low key. Some might find it too beginner-ish but it was perfect for how I felt Friday evening.

Diane, I'm avoiding the news after Friday and enjoying the beauty around me instead. I'm so tired of the unrest and division. Getting back into my meditation and tuning out is helping. Does your Year of Yoga on Kindle have links to the practices? If so I might need both versions.

Summer Breeze, I'm happy you had company. You have a week under your belt - sending you healing prayers.

I hope Donna is enjoying her weekend. Enjoy the rest of you Sunday everyone!
Old 06-26-22, 03:59 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Weekend catch up:

Saturday -

Jenny Ford - Step Across America # 3 - Vermont
Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Root Chakra Yoga

Sunday -

Ellen - Barre Cardio
Jessica Smith - Core Stretch & Strength from Fusion Flow & Glow

A couple of observations - I see an improvement in my cardio capacity - doing Jenny's step today was easier than it was a few weeks ago. It is interesting b/c I don't think I'm 'focusing" on cardio right now - but I guess the strength workouts I'm doing w/ Jessica are helping?

And, I really liked the Core Stretch & Strength routine on the Flow & Glow DVD. It was just the right amount of work and restoration.

Pat - I also ordered Year of Yoga and i'm enjoying going through the book.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad you are having visitors to lift your spirits.

Nice work, as usual, Diane.

And yes, the news is depressing and disturbing.

Take care -

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga