Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-24, 08:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

T2B I hear the Shogun series is great! Where is it streaming?

I went to Burn total body tonight and Burn legs last night. Both excellent. And pretty tiring too. : I am getting better at assisted pull-ups and can get my chin over the bar a few reps anyway. But each set I do get tireder.

T2B I think I just am astounded that the USA exploded the first nuclear weapon when we were 2 years behind the Germans. But like most Americans I know, we also feel tremendous regret about the horrors we inflicted. So awful. The science also fascinates me. I want to see The Holdovers too.

I love hearing about what movies and TV shows we like.

Vannie you rock!! Love your checkin posts.

Jbliff it is addicting seeing how many steps we can get in a day. I had a friend who aimed for 10,000 steps a day and if she was short she would side step while brushing her teeth before bed. That’s dedication now.

T2B I think the Boss Bandsare awkward to use sometimes.

Gosh I’m ready for the weekend.

Gibbee and Cher you know we love to hear from you whenever you can drop by.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 09:12 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Drill Max. I haven't done it since 2021 and now I remember why. It's too darn long at 72 minutes. I think Cathe could have shortened some of the drills since they get a little repetitive the 6th time through.

Karjoy - Good job on the assisted pullups.

T2B - We finally finished watching the second season of Reacher and you're right. It's not as good as the first. It's too violent. I wonder if the current Shogun is the same as the one that was on TV many years ago (based on the James Clavell book).

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 07:59 PM  
T2B

Hi All,

21. XTRAIN: AOLIH Timesaver (Floor + Step)
22. LIS: Afterburner Timesaver 1 - 10. P.M. CIZE: HYO

I started watching 3 Body Problem last night and before I knew it, it was almost 1 am. It was really hard to get up this morning but I did it, yeah me.

Cathe has been putting teasers in her weekly newsletter and I’m enjoying reading and anticipating the new workouts. Looks like she has a lot of notes in her notebook in today’s newsletter.

karjoy - I will definitely revisit Oppenheimer. Shogun is on FX and streaming on HULU. Great job on the assisted pull ups.

JB - I thought the Oppenheimer sex scenes were gratuitous. That is interesting about Poor Things, film vs book. The current Shogun is based on the James Clavell books. This version hasn’t been americanized. (never saw the other version).The POV is more centered from the Japanese experience. Some of the scenes are violent but the action/violence is true to those time periods in history. It is well done with great acting. Sorry about your Fitbit, I hope you get a replacement soon. FB is great about replacing them as long as it’s still within warranty.

Waves~~~

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 09:04 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I’m resting today and a few of us are going to PF in am to run/walk on the treadmill. It rained a lot today and there’s a good chance of rain tomorrow too.

Jbliff I think I repressed Drill Mac out of my memory thank heaven! 72 minutes of that is just too much. I have blocked out some of her others too! Do you have any Cathe’s you won’t do anymore?

T2 B I think the sex scenes in Oppenheimer are just silly and out of place. I heard that the new Shoguns are not as Americanized, just as you mentioned. Yay for getting up on time despite a late movie night. Yawn

Going to bed soon myself.
Old 03-23-24, 04:20 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk + Gloved Up & Sweaty with the jump rope bonus.

Karjoy - I can't do older workouts like MIS or anything that has those endless reps anymore.

T2B - I was on the opposite track of you last night. I went to bed at 9:30 since I had gotten up before 4 a.m. I hope I get my new Fitbit next week. They received my old one this Thursday.

Have a great evening, everyone.
Old 03-23-24, 07:29 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Drive by: HI! Hope you guys are doing well. I am waaaay behind.
Today I did ramped up upper body... had to lower my weights and skip some push ups and the dips, but good otherwise. Tired and tight tonight.

Mom is still doing pretty well at assisted living. She does seem weaker lately. I may have to call and request PT again through either the hip doctor or her primary care. She does so much better than when she goes to their fitness classes, which are seated. She needs the standing and lying exercises for her hip. We haven't made much progress with her house/car/belongings reduction yet because my SIL (brother's wife) was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a mastectomy in mid February and started chemo (prophylactic) last week. When it rains, it pours.

Recently took over my MIL's finances... still working through a few issues, but she clearly needs at least AL and I can't help her make that leap (she won't want to make it and can't afford it, honestly) until I get her finances in order, she sells her car and she buys a prepaid funeral plan. I find myself stressing out after I visit her. I have patience with her that is amazing, but when I leave her house I am spent. She has a little dog who she says doesn't ever need to go pee. Nope. I discovered (as I expected) he has a few favorite spots in the kitchen. I haven't explored the whole house yet. I can only take so much before I find myself going down a rabbit hole. I told DD and her DH that I expect them to come help me clean. If she were to pass away, everything passes to DD, so she can get over there and help me. It hasn't happened yet, but my requests will become demands soon enough. I will be going to a senior lawyer to talk about options for her soon enough.

Hope all is well! BF and I are looking forward to the total eclipse (traveling to see it) and then a trip to the Grand Canyon in May!

Sending fitness high fives and hugs to all.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 07:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

So good to hear from you Gibbee!! What a wonderful trip to see the eclipse and next month going to the Grand Canyon. Glad you are having some fun.

Drive by:4 of us went to PF this am for 45-50 min walk/run on the treadmill. Tomorrow morning we are going to walk. The weather has been perfect. 2 weeks from today we are going to run/walk our springtime 10K. We are calling our group the party pacers and will be wearing all different spring color shirts that have Party Pacers monograms on them.

Jbliff gosh Cathe did used to rep us to death. I remember gruesomely endless biceps curls in Muscle Enduramce.
Old 03-24-24, 09:02 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was High Step Training. I remembered this one as being grueling but it really wasn't bad at all. I loved seeing the old crew with Cedie and Loraine, and Cathe had bangs in this one!

Karjoy - How fun that your group has shirts with matching monograms. Sounds like a fun group.

Gibbee - So glad to hear from you. Your vacation sounds great. I hope you have a nice relaxing time and leave all your worries behind for a bit.

I saw a good short documentary on Netflix last night called "Ladies First" about a female archer from India. Very frustrating how misogynistic the society is there.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.
Old 03-25-24, 06:29 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Meant to post this last night. What happened? Three of us went for a 45 minute walk yesterday. It was cool enough we started out with long sleeves on top. Warmed up nicely by the time we were done. It’s amazing how a morning walk sets a happy tone for the day.
Old 03-25-24, 08:43 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT + Pyramid HiiT + extended stretch. That was a nice combo. I really liked the Pyramid HiiT segment Cathe added to this workout.

Karjoy - Walking in the morning is great. It really does set you up for the rest of the day.

Waves to all.