Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-24, 02:34 PM  
JustSandra

Barefoot and On the Mat March 2024 -- Let's "Spring" Forward!

Hi! Welcome to this month's check-in for Barefoot & On the Mat. This is a long-running check-in here at VF. We enjoy all sorts of workouts, and although we of course love those that are traditionally done barefoot (e.g. yoga, Pilates, fusion, etc.) we have been known to shuck shoes for stuff like weightlifting as well. Some of us like to post daily, while other Barefooters pop in and out as their circumstances dictate. It's all good! Please feel free to join us -- the welcome mat is always out.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 02:35 PM  
JustSandra

I'll also set up a March Barefoot check-in over at Tapatalk/VF Roost -- just in case we need it!

Old 03-01-24, 02:39 PM  
JustSandra

No workout for me yet today. This morning I went to a Kaiser facility for blood work and an EKG in preparation for my upcoming total right knee replacement on March 11. As of today I've paused most of my outside activities, including the gym, and will be concentrating on outdoor walks and gentle strengthening/stretching, as well as getting home ready for several weeks of post-surgery recovery.

Waving to all!

Old 03-01-24, 03:01 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sandra, thank you for starting our March month!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 03:40 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ah, I was wondering why no one was posting today - because it's March, not February!

And you know how I knew there was a new thread?
BECAUSE THE NEW POSTS LINK IS WORKING AGAIN!!!

TGIF!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-24, 03:53 PM  
cyana

Happy Friday!

Sandra - The Ryka Gym Trainer was my favorite cross trainer of all times. I honestly can't tell you how many years I wore those shoes before they started falling apart - not sure I've ever had a pair of athletic shoes last that long. I haven't been able to find any Rykas locally to try on. I normally wear a size 8 shoe and my Gym Trainers were size 9. My feet aren't wide, I just like having plenty of room for my toes. I bought one (and ONLY one) pair of those pointy toe dress shoes years ago when I had to travel for business. They went to Goodwill in like-new condition, LOL!! I can't believe your surgery is right around the corner!

Paine - I'm sorry you aren't feeling good today. I've had an intermittent headache several days this week. I couldn't figure out if it was insomnia (I'm trying to not take melatonin every night) or if it's because the barometric pressure has been all over the place.

Beth - Hooray for your quiet day - and for getting your new posts notification back.

Must get back to work. Will check in over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 08:25 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Bonjour!
Popping in to say hello! We are on Martinique in the French West Indies, have rented a house for a month with friends.

I haven’t done any formal exercise, but lots of walking and some gentle yoga.

Sandra - Thank you for starting us off for March! You must be anxious to have your surgery behind you and start your recovery.

Waving to everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 01:11 PM  
cyana

Bonjour, Pam - When I was much younger, one of my single co-workers went to the Club Med on Martinique. She had a great time and the pictures were wonderful. Enjoy the sun and warmth.

Carolyn - Hooray on your retirement countdown being underway.

Pat - DH has taken up bird-watching via webcam - he's been watching the eagles at Big Bear Valley, CA. Poor mom is sitting on 3 eggs in a nest WAY up in the trees with lots of wind and snow today. She gets the gold star mom award.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 06:20 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! Yay for New Posts being functional again! 😃 I had a tough week with either skipping workouts or forcing short ones. Yesterday it was a little easier to make it happen:

~ Fabulous 50s - 15 minute walking workout
~ Fabulous 50s - 10 minute arms workout
~ Fabulous 50s - 5 minute abs workout
~ My own stretch
~ 5,661 steps

I’ve gone back to green juicing in my Vitamix in an effort to deal with this fatigue plaguing me. I found a surprisingly good one incorporating beets (the earthy taste isn’t forward) and got a Kindle book on the topic.

I forgot about Fabulous & 50s and was glad YouTube Universe caused a workout to pop up on my radar. I hadn’t tried her strength workouts before and I really enjoyed it.

Sandra, I see you have the date set. Do you have your PT appointments set up? Around here there’s a month wait at most places.

Beth, isn’t it grand to have New Posts back again?

Paine, I hope you’re feeling better. I hope you’re feeling better too, Cyana.

Pam, how’s the swimming? 🌴

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 09:03 PM  
JustSandra

Well fudge -- got the 500 Error!