Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-03-21, 01:49 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went with an oldie this morning:

Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss w/ Suzanne Deason

Then, later on, i followed up with a dog walk.

Dana - I hope you enjoy your new chairs!!

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 06:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Trifecta Pilates - Center Connection Flow - 30 minutes;
Dog Walk - 25 minutes

Beth's Week 2, Day 1 Beginner workout was actually Days 1 & 2 of Week 1 edited together. It actually worked pretty well.

Beautiful weather here today, so we took the dogs for a walk. They were very happy.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 11:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Ellen’s Burn & Firm Pilates - A blast from the past, always enjoy this one
~PT exercises
~Essentrics TV: Dyan DeCastro’s live - standing portion, first 20 min
~Yin & restorative yoga on my own….half saddle, fire log, supported wide leg forward bend, supported fish

My TV is up on the wall, part of a TV/DVD in one. I haven’t used it for ages because I end up craning my neck to see it. I’ve gotten to like using my laptop for streaming & downloads as I can move it around & take it to the floor for mat work. So….I bought an external DVD player for my laptop. It was inexpensive & it works quite well. I’m planning to revisit some of my DVDs. I pared my collection down considerably 2 years ago, but kept quite a few favourites. Today’s Ellen was one. I also have a number of Essentrics pre-choreographed instructor workouts I want to revisit.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I went w/:

Lively Ladies - Happy Walking workout - this was ok. Probably my least favorite of the LL workouts are the walks. But I decided to give it a go.

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Lower Body Strength workout on the mat. This is probably more of what i need to do to address my SI joint issues - strengthen those hip and glute muscles with floor work.....

I may bet an outdoor walk in or some yoga or Pilates later.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Donna
Old 10-04-21, 02:13 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Checking in with:

D&A Barre Bootcamp - 30min. Workout Hotel DVD set. This is a great set!
JS UB Walk with band - 15min. This is on 6 Mile Walk DVD.

My chairs were delivered promptly and as promised. Delivery men were super efficient and courteous. In and out in less than 10 min. We love our chairs! Great quality, very comfortable and definitely worth the 7-month wait.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 10-04-21, 06:05 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Lower & Upper Body Routine - 30 minutes

This was a combination of the Lower Body and Upper Body routines from last week. I liked both of them, so the time flew by.

One of our vaccinated teachers tested positive for CoVid over the weekend. He's apparently pretty sick - probably has some risk factors - a little older and a little heavy. He's already had the antibody transfusion so that should help, but is having trouble breathing. It hit him like a ton of bricks.

Pam - I can't seem to figure out the best positioning for my TV either. It sits on my bedroom dresser, but sometimes I would it to be up on the wall with one of those extendable/tilt-able holders, but then that would probably look tacky in my bedroom.

Donna - Good job! I'm looking forward to doing Lauren's workout this week. Maybe tomorrow.

Dana - Yay for delivered furniture, courteous deliverymen and comfortable worth-the-wait furniture! Has Oliver claimed either chair yet?

Carol
Old 10-04-21, 07:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I think I'm going to try some of Trifecta's beginner pilates on YouTube.

Danayay!! So happy you got your furniture and that you're pleased. Once, when we ordered a couple of recliners a few years ago and we're so unhappy with how different they were from.the ones we tired out that I packed those babies up a week in the truck after I got them and ordered a couch and loveseat instead. They told me I could keep the chairs until the couch and loveseat were delivered but I said nope...I'm unloading these chairs right now. Cuz when Linda is done she's done, haha! They came out and got them

Pam Ellen's DVDs are gold to me.

Donna what a nice combo. Hope you were able to have a nice evening walk.

Today I started one of Lauren Brooks kettlebell strength program. I enjoyed it but I always like her programs. I will do it for at least this month. I also do some Flow with Mira hip mobility. I really like her instruction.

Bye Monday! Good Tuesday wishes to all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 09:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Tracey Mallett’s Fuse Dance Cardio Melt - I did the first 15 min of cardio. It didn’t feel quite right for my hip so I bailed. I liked it though so will revisit it later
~15 min rowing
~PT exercises
~Flow With Mira (YT): Day 1 of her 5 day posture series - This was very nice, not a workout though, a lot of breath work & stretching
~MELT: Hip Pain Map - Started with a lovely foot treatment and worked its way up.

Linda - I like Mira too, her instruction is very detailed. Enjoy your KB rotation.

Dana - Glad your chairs were worth the wait!

Carol - Yes it’s hard to find the perfect position for a tv when you’re using it for workouts. I do like my laptop & I also have a tripod that I’ve used with my iPad for streaming & when I do my classes on zoom. It’s great, easy to move around & raise or lower.

Donna - Yes glutes are so connected to SI & low back issues.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 08:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do today, so I re-visited the Faithful Workouts site and did a mix from there - the site is free now and there is a workout calendar as well as the ability to search for/do whatever type of workout you are looking for. Today I did:

- Low Impact Cardio & Barre - I did the Low Impact first, then paused it to do the 10 Min Intermediate Kickboxing video - then went back and finished up w/ the barre.

- Since I was on a roll, I did Unshaken Yoga (You Tube) - Gentle Morning Flow

Yesterday I did get a short dog walk in - it was quite humid and hot though so we cut it short and I did Suzanne Deason's PM Yoga for Weight Loss in the evening.

Carol - that is scary about the teacher...I hope he gets better. I have a Dr's appointment in December and I'm going to ask her about whether or not I should get a booster - there is so much confusion about the boosters and if we need them, who should get them, etc.

Dana - i'm glad your chairs worked so well!!

Waves, Pam and Linda and Brenda...

Donna
Old 10-05-21, 07:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Day 10 - Full Total Body Class - 30 minutes

This was a challenging (for me) combination of the Day 5 and Day 6 workouts from last week. Beth takes it slowly and there are opportunities to sit out a rep or two and restart. The two workouts flowed very smoothly together.

Honestly, this is a much better beginner's series than the one that Lisa from PBL put together.

I would sure love to have longer to workout these days, but that just doesn't seem to be happening.

Donna - I'm sure I'll be getting the booster once Moderna releases it. Not looking forward to the side effects, but rather those than a more serious case of CoVid. Didn't hear much from our teacher today.

Pam - I hadn't thought about a tripod for my iPad. Hmm.

Linda - I can just see that episode with the recliners! I once had wallpaper hung in a small bathroom in a house and it wasn't 2 days before I called them back and had them hang something else. It was absolutely awful.

Waves ~

Carol