Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-02-21, 09:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did walk on my break w/ my Golden.

Today, so far has been:

Jessica Valent - Long and Lean Pilates - this is a new one on her Unlimited site. I enjoyed the workout but she ended w/ rollover and jackknife which I don't do!

Outdoor walk

Will probably walk again later w/ Golden and maybe do some stretching.

Carol - thanks for starting us off! I think next time Beth opens up membership I will sign up, or maybe I'll do a 6 month membership once my JV membership ends. I do think that if I stayed consistent w/ her stuff I would see progress in my Pilates practice. While I like Jessica V - I don't necessarily see that it will help me improve all that much with Pilates.

Pam - wow, that is too much excitement. I hope you are doing well.

Brenda - sorry it is taking so long to heal......

Waves, Linda and Dana!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 03:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Slow Pilates Fusion - 25 minutes

This Level 1 workout was well within my capabilities. It was done all standing, using a chair, long band and loop band. This was primarily an unconventional strength workout, but there were plenty of opportunities to add balance challenges. I could have used stronger bands - I'll make a note of that on the workout video. Beth's site lets you add notes to each workout; I'm not sure you can automatically know whether or not you've added a comment, but it's just one-click to check.

Donna - I know what you mean about Jessica's work. It's like her monthly calendars are "too" balanced to make a lot of progress, pilates-wise. I need a pilates plan - I can handle getting all of the other stuff added on or in - there are plenty of YouTube options for that.

Dana - Hahaha! I know what you mean about needing a calendar, but not following it. So far it's working for me and there's so much variety on YouTube to supplement with.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 04:11 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Ugh....So I'm having some long-awaited furniture finally delivered on Monday. That of course necessitated us moving some heavy furniture from the 2nd floor to the 3rd and vice versa to make room for the new arrivals. When I say heavy, I mean really heavy. And awkward to carry. Last time my dh and I moved these was about 13 years ago and it was tough then. Now of course, we are 13 years older and I swear, the furniture got a lot heavier and more difficult to lift in that time. Needless to say, right now I'm feeling my lower back, legs, arms and everything else in between. Not that I actually hurt or twisted anything or that I injured myself but I will feel this tomorrow. Good thing that other than some nice yoga in the morning, all I'm planning to do is watch the games. It will be nice to get my furniture though!
Old 10-02-21, 04:17 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Ugh....So I'm having some long-awaited furniture finally delivered on Monday. That of course necessitated us moving some heavy furniture from the 2nd floor to the 3rd and vice versa to make room for the new arrivals. When I say heavy, I mean really heavy. And awkward to carry. Last time my dh and I moved these was about 13 years ago and it was tough then. Now of course, we are 13 years older and I swear, the furniture got a lot heavier and more difficult to lift in that time. Needless to say, right now I'm feeling my lower back, legs, arms and everything else in between. Not that I actually hurt or twisted anything that I injured myself but I will feel this tomorrow. Good thing that other than some nice yoga in the morning, all I'm planning to do is watch the games. It will be nice to get my furniture though!
Enjoy your furniture when it arrives! Is this the furniture you mentioned a while back that has been backordered forever because of CoVid?

A bath with epsom salts may make those muscles feel better.

Carol
Old 10-02-21, 04:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol that sounds like a better value from her than I envisioned. I went ahead and followed her on Instagram as well.

Donna it's gorgeous weather here for outdoor walks.

Dana sounds like I need to drink your coffee! Great workouts!!

Pam I hope you're taking it easy after all that.

Brenda you made me laugh about your elbow comment. I do hope they get better enough each day to help you feel better about the process. Rehab is never as quick as we want.

Today was a 6 mile hike and just fabulous weather!

Happy Saturday!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 05:19 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Is this the furniture you mentioned a while back that has been backordered forever because of CoVid?

A bath with epsom salts may make those muscles feel better.

Carol
On our anniversary which is March 2, we've ordered 2 La-Z-boy recliners. A nice leather power one for my dh and a super comfy fabric (I don't like to sit on leather) for me. Originally we were supposed to get them within 4-5 months but they kept delaying them, particularly the leather one. My recliner came in first but I didn't want to accept partial shipment because I would have to pay them the full balance, which I would be fine with, but I worried that then they would have no incentive to hurry up with the leather one and there would be further delays while they already have my money.

So they called me last week and again said there would be further delay but do I want to receive the one and pay full balance while we wait for the leather one. I said heck no. No partials. Lo and behold, 2 days later I get the text that BOTH recliners are in and ready for delivery. I'm super excited because they're going into the living room where we have a large TV and where we like to watch our football games. Neither chair that we presently have there is very comfortable so I'm looking forward to these. I'm sure Oliver is going to love them too!

I don't have any epsom salts but if I'm achy tomorrow, I'll run to the store before the games and get some. Thanks for the suggestion!

Linda, it's just a plain ole Folgers Gourmet blend but it works great for me!
Old 10-02-21, 06:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
On our anniversary which is March 2, we've ordered 2 La-Z-boy recliners. A nice leather power one for my dh and a super comfy fabric (I don't like to sit on leather) for me. Originally we were supposed to get them within 4-5 months but they kept delaying them, particularly the leather one. My recliner came in first but I didn't want to accept partial shipment because I would have to pay them the full balance, which I would be fine with, but I worried that then they would have no incentive to hurry up with the leather one and there would be further delays while they already have my money.

So they called me last week and again said there would be further delay but do I want to receive the one and pay full balance while we wait for the leather one. I said heck no. No partials. Lo and behold, 2 days later I get the text that BOTH recliners are in and ready for delivery. I'm super excited because they're going into the living room where we have a large TV and where we like to watch our football games. Neither chair that we presently have there is very comfortable so I'm looking forward to these. I'm sure Oliver is going to love them too!

I don't have any epsom salts but if I'm achy tomorrow, I'll run to the store before the games and get some. Thanks for the suggestion!

Linda, it's just a plain ole Folgers Gourmet blend but it works great for me!
Funny how that happens (the product being ready). I am sure that Oliver is going to love these chairs.

Another Folger's drinker here - medium roast Breakfast Blend though. And I love football.

Carol
Old 10-02-21, 06:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Carol that sounds like a better value from her than I envisioned. I went ahead and followed her on Instagram as well.

Today was a 6 mile hike and just fabulous weather!

Happy Saturday!
Lucky you - to have places to hike. We just don't have any around here.

Beth's website is a relatively good value if you use it - but it is still pricey. I guess it isn't pricey if you are used to paying for studio classes.

Carol
Old 10-02-21, 07:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Jessica’s Poise & Grace
~PT exercises - I’ve graduated to new ones
~Flow with Mira (YT): Spine Mobility & Stretch for Good Posture - This was nice, very gentle. I’ve signed up for her Better Posture in 5 Days. Linda thank you for posting a link to her channel.
~MFML: Stretch at Your Desk - I’ve been doing some seated stretches at the end of my Essentrics classes & thought I might get some new ideas from this

Dana - Moving furniture is a workout! I hope your back feels better & you love your new chairs.

Linda - Your hike sounds lovely! I am really missing my hikes & long walks, but I am trying to be good and follow my PT’s advice to keep my step counts down for now. IMS is Intramuscular Stimulation aka dry needling.

Waves to Donna, Carol, & Brenda!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 01:35 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Today I did HDM CardioTone G - 50min. It's one of my all time favorites but I haven't done it in over a year. I guess I have too many choices, but I still love this workout. It's a low impact, steady state cardio with light weights. The weights are used for at least 35-40min of the class and I used 3lbs throughout. Hamelin's playlist is great and goes really well with the workout.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Happy NFL day!