Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-25-21, 08:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Barre Fitness - Challenge - Day 1 - Arms - 10 minutes;
Trifecta Pilates - Level 1 Lower Body Strength - 40 minutes

I stumbled across the Barre Fitness Challenge on YouTube last night - I was wanting a little bit of barre work to add on to Trifecta and this fit the bill. 31 days of 10 to 15 minute barre workouts.

Lower Body Strength was -for the most part - very do-able. There were a couple of moves that are beyond me and may always be beyond me, but that's okay. It was a good workout - no props needed.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Power & Balance - this is a really good routine - very upbeat!

Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Routine

Sarah Beth Yoga - Sciatica exercises (this is a 5 min video that shows three exercises - not really follow-along but I did enjoy doing it!)

Yesterday I took my Golden for a walk and realized that I really need to stretch after my walks - I don't really look at them as "exercise" but I find my lower back and hips get tight from doing them and I need to spend 5-10 min stretching afterwards.

Carol that looks like a nice do-able challenge to add in!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 07:10 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's (Tuesday's) workouts were:

Trifecta Pilates - Inside Out Pilates - 20 minutes;
I really liked this simple yet interesting routine. Thank heavens for beginner routines that really are beginner level. It's the first time in years that I have actually seen some improvement in my pilates practice.

Barre Fitness - Challenge - Day 2 - Legs - 15 minutes
This was an enjoyable barre leg routine. I may have to get my barre back out instead of using a folding chair.

I really think it's always a good time to stretch Donna, yet I rarely make time for it. I definitely have to be intentional about it.

Carol
Old 10-26-21, 07:30 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Sorry to be MIA but I've been lacking motivation to do much of anything lately. I don't know why because I feel fine. I woke up early enough today to work out but instead I chose to dilly dally and did not workout. I ran some errands today but not much more than that. I went to Costco and found couple pair of pants that actually fit me well but will fit me even better if I lose about 5 pounds. There... I think I just motivated myself to work out tomorrow! Hi to everyone!
Old 10-27-21, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up adding on a dog walk and then I did a Sarah Beth yoga practice in the evening - it was for low back/sciatica and was 20 min long. It included a lot of good stretches for me. I remember doing Sarah Beth's yoga a few years ago fairly regularly. She has a good mix of flow-power-restorative practices on her channel. I'm not sure why I stopped doing them...

Anyway...today was - Ellen - Fusion Floor. This is one of Ellen's workouts that had to grow on me - I didn't love it the first few times I did it but I do find it more enjoyable now.

Speaking of Ellen - she is doin a 10 day challenge starting November 4th - I may see what that is all about - I'm doing so much of her stuff these days anyway - or I may be totally burned out on her by then...time will tell.

I hope your motivation returns, Dana!

Carol - that is great that you are seeing improvement! I'm inspired!

Donna
Old 10-27-21, 07:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Trifecta Pilates - 5 & 5 Workout (Beginner Level) - 28 minutes, Basic Pilates Workout (Beginner Level) - 11 minutes & Simple Stretches for Hamstrings (Beginner Level) - 7 minutes

Beth's 5 & 5 Workout was 3 rounds of a series of 5 standing exercises and 5 mat exercises. The first round moved fairly slowly and then Beth picked up the pace for the remaining 2 rounds. It definitely had a cardio effect for me. I noticed when I was doing one of the leg exercises in this routine that my right hamstring was extremely weak and sore - like incredibly weak and sore. I hadn't really noticed it until just then and I guess it was from the barre legs workout I did yesterday. That's discouraging! It needs to get better before I start going to Club Pilates or I will be in trouble.

The other workouts were just basically relaxing...

Donna - I don't know if you subscribe to the Improved Health channel on YouTube, but she has posted a couple of 10-ish minute daily stretch routines lately that look nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoyT...ImprovedHealth

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Ad...ImprovedHealth

Carol
Old 10-28-21, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Today was another Ellen mix:

Walk Refresh - which is a very low key walking workout.

Yogini Sculpt

Yesterday I got a dog walk in.

This weekend is supposed to be rainy so we may end up not going on our trip. But I still took Friday/Monday/Tues off from work and no matter what will enjoy the extra time off!

Carol - that is discouraging about your hamstring. I definitely have something going on w/ my left hip/SI - I think it may actually be arthritis and just needs extra TLC.....but at least I have seen improvement since it flared up about two weeks ago. I just need to continue to be smart about it. More mobility work is definitely needed as well as strengthening that glute/hip - which seems to be weaker.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-28-21, 11:03 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Beginner Gold Walk & Sculpt 4 - 45min off Fit Over 60 calendar. This was all standing workout with basically no lunges or squats and for once, it was truly a beginner workout but you could pick up the pace and use heavier weights which I did. It was easy on my knees which was good.

I've got to run right now. I'll check back later.

Waves to all!
Old 10-28-21, 07:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were

Ballet Based Movement - 30 Day Ballet Experience - Day 5 - 19 minutes & 30 Day Ballet Experience - Day 6 - 28 minutes;

Trifecta Pilates - Level 1 Fusion Reset Class - 17 minutes

Day 5 of the 30 Day Ballet Experience was a lovely mat stretch, with a little bit of strengthening thrown in. Nice tranquil piano music in the background.

Day 6 was a repeat of Day 4 I believe. Day 7 will be a rest day and then there will be new material beginning in Day 8.

Beth's Fusion Reset Class was a lot of stretching as well incorporating a chair. Some strengthening here as well though.

Happy Friday Eve ~

Carol
Old 10-29-21, 11:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the late check-in.

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Build Balance & Inner Strength - Balance & Agility (this is the one that uses the resistance band)

Jessica Smith - Simply Stretch - Floor Routine

I was in the mood for a change up from Ellen - and this fit the bill.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday!

DH and I are going out of town in spite of the weather. Hoping DD can hold down the fort w/ the doggies. I'm sure her BF is going to spend quite a bit of time w/ her too - they are planning for movies and pizza.

Carol - your workouts sound really good!! I may cave on that Ballet program....

Dana - glad you had a good knee-friendly workout

Take care!

Donna