Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-06-21, 08:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ A YWK morning affirmations meditation
~ 30 minute evening walk around neighborhood
~ YWK Bedtime Yin Yoga
~ 8,643 steps

Beth, thank you for the new meditation practice! Good luck with your travel arrangements.

Hi Carolyn, nice to see you! I love that quote! Isn't KarenJo's philosophy great? I stopped designing workout charts for the month. The intuitive approach is so much less threatening.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 10:46 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Smithey Buns of Steel (Lower Body Floor workout)

I hadn't done Smithey's BOS in awhile. I used to always use 2.5 pounds on each ankle for that workout but didn't use any ankle weights this time and it still was challenging! How on earth did I do it with ankle weights before? Rats, it means I've lost strength.

Carolyn, you had a busy September!

Beth, I did your scenery meditation last night but I will have to do it again now that I know what to expect. You said to pick a scene from above as if you were in an airplane so I picked our backyard. Then I had to view it from a train and I was scrambling trying to create a train on tracks behind our house. Our backyard has a fence all around it so then I was trying to create a place for a bike path by our yard but the other houses in our neighborhood were in the way, LOL. I will just have to try that one again with a completely different scene.
It will be so nice for you to be able to spend Thanksgiving with your family.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 10:54 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I'm sorry I wasn't clearer in my instructions! I'll have to add a note in the comments.

I just filmed another lunch break practice and will be posting soon.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 11:17 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, you were clear in your instructions. I just picked the wrong location at the outset.
I look forward to your lunch break practice!
Old 10-06-21, 02:30 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Oops! I'm getting behind. I've been busy getting ready for our holiday this weekend and doing a lot of food prep. Also, we've been looking at selling my old little sports car and replacing it with an electric one. DH's back isn't doing well with the sports car seats, so we hardly drive it anymore. After spending some time this week test driving some electric cars, we finally found one we like at a good price in Oxford, so drove up there this afternoon to pick it up. I was wondering if electric cars are becoming more popular where you all live?

What I've been doing:
Monday:
- HealthBarre Group Online Class
- Neighbourhood Walk
- YWK Restorative Yoga. Thanks Pat for recommending it. I really liked this short practice - very relaxing.

Tuesday:
- Somatics and Yamuna ball rolling. I was too tired to face anything more energetic!

Today:
- HealthBarre Quick Tips for Butt & Thighs
- Body Groove Swing with Heather
- Jessica Smith 6-Mile Walk Upper Body with Band
- ETV Gail Waist and Thigh Slenderising. I always like how she adds in some unusual moves. There was a nice short standing sequence using the chair.

Pat - I loved hearing about your day out at the Bird R&R centre. Your friend kissing the 'Sticky Fingers' album made me . Here's the Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal recipe. I add in a tablespoon of almond butter, reduce the maple syrup because we don't like it too sweet. I sometimes throw in some chopped apple and blueberries or any other fruit in season. If I'm feeling indulgent, I'll put in some chopped crystallised ginger pieces.

Beth - Hope you enjoy your yoga course this weekend. I'm also looking forward to doing your new lunch break practice.

Carolyn - Thank you for mentioning Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. I'm always looking out for new cookbook authors to try.

Sandra - I was thinking of doing the Essentrics class with the 'birds'. I can't remember which DVD this is on and I know that you do this one a lot. Hope you enjoy your potatoes in your air fryer.

Paine - I hate it when you do a workout from ages ago and find it harder than you remember. I tried Rob Glick's cardio on the BOSU a while ago and I only managed to do half of it before I was done in!

Pam - I expect you'll have fun re-visiting your DVDs with your new DVD player. How is your hip feeling these days?

Waves to Cyana and anyone popping in today.
Old 10-06-21, 09:28 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Life got in the way of a workout yesterday.

Today's Workout: Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

Margot: The "one with the birds" is the Upper Body & Hamstrings Stretch from Essentrics Strength & Stretch In Motion. I think the routine has a slightly different name on the disk. However, it is the stretch where Sahra is working out with two other people, not the one she does solo. Re electric cars, I don't see too many where I am, although hybrids are around. However, it sounds like that will be changing in the next several years.

Paine: IIRC, Bruce Springsteen's concerts, at least those early ones, were notorious for going on for hours! He just loved to keep playing. The concert I saw was on Halloween, so many audience members dressed up.

Pat58: I saw Beatlemania in San Francisco a zillion years ago, and I think maybe Rain was the band? I do recall that the actor playing Paul had an amazing resemblance.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 08:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

What a beautiful Thursday Eve. I am fully yinned, meditated, affirmed and even pumpkin spiced! I had a mockingbird serenade and our pet squirrel ate a peanut out of my hand this morning which was a very nice treat.

Yesterday featured:

~ YWK Morning Yin Yoga Full Body Stretch plus morning affirmations
~ 20 minute lunch walk
~ GYM for 10 minutes recumbent and 35 minutes incline presses, leg presses, seated rows, leg extensions, 50 box climbs and various tricep extensions
~ 7,237 steps

Paine - I could never finish BOS even without weights. Those are some of the most excruciating tapes I ever tried and I was bodybuilding then.

Beth I'll try the lunchtime practice soon, thanks!

Sandra - that does sound like Rain. The Paul guy looked so much like him when we saw them.

Margot, thank you for the recipe. I love the idea of putting ginger crystals in it. I can't wait to hear all about your electric car adventure! Nice job with your workouts.

Sending calming hugs and energy to Cyana -

and good morning to all!
Old 10-07-21, 08:50 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Thursday all! It's been a busy week, but today is my "Friday" since I'm off tomorrow for my yoga training. Of course, that will keep me busy - it's 5 hours/day Fri-Sat-Sun both this week AND next week! Good news is that I'm off Monday for the holiday and took off Tuesday morning as well since it is fall break here at the college.

Not sure how much I'll be posting; hope everyone is well as this week draws to a close.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 09:08 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth - have fun at your yoga training!
Old 10-07-21, 09:46 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jane Adams Gentle Yoga (Lying Practice)
Beth's Lunchtime Yoga #2

Beth, I did your Lunchtime Yoga #2 and enjoyed it--thank you! I like that it had some balance work.
I look forward to hearing how you like your yoga training.

Margot, I hope you love your new electric car!
Our daughter and her DH bought a hybrid which has both gas and electric. They are very happy with it. Many people in California have hybrids.
Thanks for the link to the Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal recipe--it looks delicious.

Sandra, how fun to see that concert on Halloween!
I never saw the Beatles in concert but I saw Paul McCartney (Wings, 1976) in concert and I saw George Harrison in concert (1974).

I'm waving to everyone!