Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-06-21, 10:51 AM  
kat999

Still mostly on track, although I was sick yesterday. Today I swapped some lower-intensity cardio for the BS cardio, and it went great. I think my PF flare is behind me for now! *knock on wood*
Old 10-11-21, 02:06 PM  
kat999

Okay, folks, I've gotten completely off track due to work and feel like Body Shred is just not where my head is at. I did the FIRM Core Solutions today and felt a lot less dread going into the session and a lot happier afterward.

I do really like Body Shred, and I especially liked Body Revolution. But I think I'm going to go back to the FIRM for the rest of October and see how I'm feeling come November. I may then just restart Body Shred. I think I need to take a break from HIIT and need longer, slower workouts for a few weeks.

Keep going, though! I'll rejoin you soon.
Old 10-13-21, 10:59 PM  
angie_nrs

Kat, good for you for listening to your body. Jillian isn't going anywhere. She'll be ready when you are. I know I'll be taking a break from Jill after the BR rotation. I really enjoyed this rotation, but I miss Cathe...... Besides, I think a bit of a Jill break is something my body will appreciate.....for now.

I did #11 and #12 last Monday and Tuesday and then took the next 6 days off due to illness. I finally felt good enough to get back at it on Tuesday and did #11 and then did #12 today. I think I'm on the upside of things. I still have a bit of a cough, so I'm hoping doing the cardio tomorrow will be fine. I might have to not go as big as I like to with the cardio. I'm still going to give it a go and maybe just dial it back if I need to or take a break if I need to.

Those low half squats in w/o 11 are killer! That w/o is intense, but I don't feel like this last week is as hard as 9 and 10 were. If all goes well, I should have the whole thing done next week.
Old 10-14-21, 05:01 PM  
kat999

Good for you, Angie, and thanks for the support! I do think we need breaks from rotations/styles from time to time. I did another FIRM yesterday and it was nice to do something different.

I am definitely coming back to BS, though! I do think it'll be great for the hectic nature of the holiday season.
Old 10-23-21, 09:15 AM  
angie_nrs

JMBR - completed!!!

As of yesterday, JM Body Revoution is now checked off my bucket list! I did the rotation as written, except that I only did the cardio once per week instead of twice. I don't do workouts on the weekends. I find 5 days of workouts per week is plenty for me. If I missed a workout during the week, I'd make it up on the weekends though, or I'd double up if I needed to. Despite a week of being off for illness, I got back on track when I was able and finished the rotation.

I loved this system and definitely got my money's worth! I didn't lose weight and that wasn't my intention. I also didn't follow the eating plan and I pretty much eat whatever I want, so there's that. I am happy with my results. My core is stronger and I have leaned out. Even my arms show more definition, which I didn't expect since I really didn't think there was a lot of arm work. However, there is a lot of plank and floor work.

There's really not anything that I didn't like about the program. However, there were lots there that I liked.....

Now that the program is complete, I'm sure I will still use the individual workouts and will likely just grab one and go for it on days I don't really have a plan. Since they provide a good workout in only about 33-36 minutes, I'm sure they will appeal to me on those days I'm short on time.

I liked that the program got progressivley more difficult as it moved along, but not too hard that you couldn't do it. Since you only did one workout 4 times, it was enough to master the workout without getting too much dread. Although, at the end of the program (workouts 11 and 12), the dread was starting to seep in....and then it was over.

Jillian is not too over the top in these. I was afraid I wasn't going to like her personality, but that wasn't the case at all.

I got more muscle definition with the program, which was a nice surprise for 30 minutes workouts. Arms, inner legs, upper chest, and torso were all noticably leaner in the mirror.

I liked that there were balance moves incorporated in these workouts. It's something I really don't like to do b/c I wobble all over the place, but it is something I needed to work on.

This system reminded me of Katami 4x4 workouts and also some P90X moves too......just shorter. The moves were not overly repetitive, so if a move came up that I didn't really like, it was easy to just go with it b/c it didn't last long. She doesn't rep you to death.

These workouts were a sweat fest, especially phase 3. I like to clean out the lymphatic system and these definitely allowed for that!

I noticed mild DOMS when I would advance to the next level. So, it was evident to me that the workouts got progressively more difficult. However, at the end of the phase, the DOMS were gone. You could tell it was time to move on.

It seemed to me that the moves at the beginning of the workouts were more difficult and got more enjoyable toward the end. I prefer to get the hard stuff done first, so I liked that setup in the discs.

I didn't feel the need to add on AB workouts since these were incorporated into the workouts themselves.

I was happy to see some static holds (mostly yoga type moves) in these workouts. I really think those static holds do a great job in muscle building.

I liked that there was some cardio blasts built into every workout. Not too much, but just enough that you were a sweaty mess at the end of it. I think the cardio mixed with some static muscle building promotes the sweat factor and also promotes muscle growth.

What I liked the most out of this program is that is was just over a half hour per day and that was it! I really liked getting it done quickly and I found that I didn't procrastinate getting my workouts done b/c I knew it was going to be quick. I will definitely be looking for other programs that only use around a half hour to complete.

I'm not sure when I'll start Body Shred. I don't feel like I need a break from Jill, but I do miss my other instructors. Next week I want to try out Cathes band workouts. I've never taken this long to do a new Cathe workout after I've gotten it in the mail! After I do that, I'll probably do some other workouts and when I feel the need to get back on a rotation, I'll probably give BS a shot.
Old 10-24-21, 01:40 PM  
kat999

WOO HOO! I'm so proud of you, Angie! I'm so glad you had fun and enjoyed it, and I agree with you about both results and dread factor/progression within the workouts individually and as a system.

I'm still on my FIRM break from JM but am still thinking about going back to Body Shred (probably just starting it back over) in either November or December.
Old 10-26-21, 12:34 AM  
Venus

Angie, great job sticking with and completing the rotation! I enjoyed reading about your results and your thoughts about the program. I hadn't thought to keep the rotation to five days. I'm currently doing mostly 5 days a week of workouts. I definitely want to get to a Body Revolution rotation soon- thanks for the inspiration!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-23, 10:52 AM  
angie_nrs

Body Shred

I can't believe it's been since Oct 2021 since I completed Body Revolution.

I haven't done a rotation of anything since then, but it's time. I found my Body Shred set and decided now is the time to give that a try. Holy cow! I don't entirely remember Body Revolution now, but I'm quite certain BS is more intense! I'm doing the same type of rotation.....5 days and no weekend workouts. Actually, it's been more like 4 days (M-Th) with Friday off and finsihing my 5 day week with a w/o on Saturday with Sunday off.

I finished 2 weeks with w/o 1, 2, and 3 last week. Ouch! I had lots of DOMS and just like BR, the DOMS subsided on week 2 and I had to move on. It left me wondering what kind of torture awaited me in the next few weeks b/c that first 2 weeks were hard.

I'm in the middle of week 3 now with w/o 3 & 4. I am definitely modifying some of the moves. One legged burpies do not work for me. So, even though I do the regular burpies, it's still super challenging. However, I can already feel my waist slimming down and the back of my legs are definitely leaner. I'm also already seeing definition in my arms. And this.....just after only 2.5 weeks.

However, I won't lie.....there IS definitly some dread with this set. I'm a sweaty mess at the end and there's times I have to stop for a couple of seconds to suck some air. I have the cardio Fire w/o on the schedule today and am NOT looking forward to it, even though I'm only doing the cardio once per week instead of twice.

Keeping with this schedule is going to be tough. Anyone else doing JMBR or JMBS?
Old 02-10-23, 03:44 PM  
kat999

Good for you! I did actually finish "doing" all of Body Shred later, but not in a prescribed rotation, just integrated into other things I was doing. I honestly really disliked it. BR was cute and fun and actually doable, whereas BS was full of dread and I had to modify so much I was basically sometimes just using it as a workout timer while I did my own thing. I didn't hate it enough to get rid of it or anything, but it's definitely such a challenge that I think a person has to be in pretty much insane shape to attempt the whole thing as designed.

If I were going to do a rotation of either again, it would 100% be Body Revolution only. I'll keep BS to maybe challenge myself if I ever start feeling very, very strong.
Old 02-11-23, 10:54 AM  
angie_nrs

Good to see you posting Kat. I was hoping you'd chime in.
Big high fives to you for getting through Body Shred!!!

I totally agree with your assessment thus far into the program. Today will be my last day for week one on workouts 3 and 4. After next week when I finish the first phase, I might have to take a break for a week and do something else. I'm sore a lot and it's not helping the scale at all. However, I do feel a difference in my body, so I'm sure I'm just hanging on to water weight while my body is building and repairing. Although, it is disappointing to work so hard and step on the scale and not see results. I think I might be working so hard that cortisol levels are hampering my efforts. I'm hoping a week of lower intensity workouts might help that.

I really need to drop 5-10 pounds. I'm integrating intermittent fasting with BS in hopes of doing that. But even if I don't lose it, I still like the leaner feeling. It's no wonder, since these workouts are mean! I noticed that nobody in this workout is carrying any extra weight. Even the 'modifier' is uber fit and lean. I kinda feel like I'm outta my league here.

IF, and that's a big IF.......I get through this, I doubt I will ever do it again. I don't even think I'd use the disks as just a one time workout for the day. I thought I'd use Body Revolution workouts as grab and go workouts, but I never did. I really don't know why, except that they are in a place I don't really think about them b/c of the large book the disks come in, so it doesn't store nicely in my cabinet with all the other workouts.

I will say that I find myself procratsting these workouts until the last minute I can get away with. LOL! I told myself I wanted it done today before noon, and here I am posting about it and drinking coffee instead. LOL!

Tags
body revolution, body shred, check-in, jillian, jillian michaels