Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-26-21, 08:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks all! I'm excited about the certification but worried I might be getting some bad news tomorrow; I'll know more in the morning.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 12:33 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~PT exercises
~Ellen’s Upper Body Blast
~Ellen’s Stretch 360

I’m finally getting back in the groove. We got home last night after long drive home in the rain. This west coast storm system has brought major wind and rain the past few days. Our area didn’t have any flooding or damage but areas around us and on the mainland did. Hopefully the so called “bomb cyclone” has petered out.

I got a massage gun for my birthday & I am having fun playing with it. DH used it on my back tonight & I used it on my feet. It felt really good!

Beth - Oh my, bad news sounds ominous, hope you are okay! Congrats on your new certification.

Sandra - Glad you escaped damage from the storm and it brought an end to the fires. I hope you don’t have any side effects from your booster.

Pat - I hope the series of treatments brings you some relief.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 07:27 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I loved this cartoon I just saw; it's more of a Wednesday fitting than a Wednesday funny:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKNeAoUl..._web_copy_link

Pam, thank you. I am fine but there may be some work news coming. I'm not sure what it is but will find out this morning.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-27-21, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Whew what a crazy night. One good thing, our neighbor's dead iris bushes got well pruned by Mother Nature. I was fortunate that the power came on in time for me to take a shower this morning. Anyway, yesterday featured:

~ Trudy Styler Cardio Dance Flow
~ My own stretch routine
~ Ellen's Pick Your Spot Pilates - abs
~ 5,362 steps

The Styler was a virgin and I ended up loving it. It is right in my wheelhouse. I just wish the cameras stayed focused on Trudy and James, the constantly changing cameras and angles were a distraction from form. I was also disappointed that there was no stretch - a ballet inspired/yoga fusion cried out for James to lead some nice dance stretches after!

Beth - "no more lemons please" - for real. Sending hugs, I hope your work news is not bad news.

Pam, I'm happy for you that you're feeling back in the groove. Hmm, maybe I should ask for that massage gun for Christmas.

Paine, I used to have that Kathy workout. Are you okay with pretzels?

Good morning Sandra, Paine, and anyone who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 09:14 AM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

I had to take a break from exercising, as I've been feeling pretty unwell over the past week with severe fatigue and chronic allergies. My DH was also suffering with no energy, so we figure we must have picked up a bug somewhere. It crossed my mind that we may have COVID, considering there's been a resurgence in our area recently. I took a test yesterday, which fortunately came back negative. I'm just starting to feel a bit more myself, so thought I'd start off gently this morning.

So this morning I did:
- Bellyfit Align & Allow - a very gentle 20 minute workout, suitable for when you feel like moving but nothing too cardio.
- HealthBarre - Morning Wake Up

Beth - Many congratulations on passing your YFHA certification. I hope the news isn't as bad as you fear.

Pam - I'm glad you had such a great birthday weekend with your family and also that you personally did not suffer any storm damage when you returned home. Your massage gun sounds interesting.

Sandra - Wow, that's an awfully long time to go without rain! It must be a relief that the rainfall brought an end to the fire season. Hope you continue to feel no further side effects from the booster. I should be getting mine in a few weeks, but they make you wait 6 months since the 2nd shot.

Paine - I hear you on how difficult it is to feel gratitude for yourself. I think I've ready every self-help book over the past few years. It sure isn't easy letting go of things from childhood.

Pat - Hope the treatments help long-term and your lady won't be so 'commercial' in the follow up sessions. Glad you survived the storm. It sounds like quite a night!

Cyana - I have done a few of Jeffrey Chand's practices. He's quite pleasant. I've decided to get back into Qigong. It really does help with my mood and also for calming down my eczema. Hope you enjoy Lee's Breath workshop series. I'd love to know what crystals you've ordered. I bought some orgone pyramids recently with crystals embedded in them, which I love.

Waves to Garrie, Karen Jo and Carolyn and all.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 10:08 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a rest day.

Pam, I'm glad you are enjoying your massage gun gift. Cyana likes hers too.

Pat, yes I'm OK with doing pretzels.

Beth, I hope you don't get bad news this morning. Thanks for the cartoon!

Margot, unfortunately no self-help book I have ever read has ever made any positive difference in my life (and I've read a lot of them).
I hope you feel better soon!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 10:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Margot, sending healing hugs - so sorry you've been under the weather.

Paine, I've read some self help books and it's hard to find one that makes an impact. A lot of them sound like a sales pitch. Where I work, years ago a guy from Franklin Planner came in and gave seminars, and we all got copies of The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People. It made me feel like a slouch.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 11:57 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

It's a busy day and I have work that I should be doing, but our electronic medical records system just crashed, so I can't do anything!

So yeah, the news I got was actually exactly what I feared; I hate being right! Our counseling director, Emma, who started early March 2020 (yes, just before the S hit the F) is leaving. When she came on, we restructured things so that she was the director and I am the assistant director, although my boss is actually the administrative director for the whole health & counseling department. I love my boss Megan and am glad she isn't going anywhere, but Emma leaving means more of the supervising/admin stuff is going to fall on me, at least until we hire someone. And that sucks because that's exactly why Emma is leaving - i.e., our staff is difficult and we haven't been able to make changes to improve things.

Anyway, I've gotten through difficult periods at work before and know we'll get through this, but it's frustrating.

Thanks for the support of everyone here; all have more personal responses later.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-27-21, 08:50 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3.

The upper arm soreness from Monday's Covid booster is almost gone (I think my upper body workout helped!), and luckily I didn't have any other side effects.

I was floored by something I read this morning. Our rain is measured from October 1 to September 30. So far to date this season we have had 6.7 inches. The *total* amount of rain last season was 7.6 inches! Crazy.

Beth: Aw, I'm sorry to hear the news of your director. It is going to make your work life more challenging for sure. I'm also guessing that with the holidays coming up it will likely be a while before a replacement comes aboard.

Margot: I was the same way last week with my cold. I'm glad your Covid test came back negative.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 11:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Jenny Ford MAA New Hampshire
~PT exercises
~MELT: Neck & Low Back

Beth - Sorry to hear about your director at work & hope you don’t end up with too much of her responsibilities on top of the ones you already have. How are your migraines? I’ve had a bad run recently, today being the worst. Fall is my worst time & I suspect our unsettled weather is a contributor.

Margot - Sending (((hugs))) and healing thoughts your way.

Pat - Wow, sounds like the wacky weather is bicoastal!

(((Paine))) - I wish you could see how fabulous you are!

Sandra - That’s a lot of rain for you!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote