Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-24-21, 02:37 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I love reading your posts Bee, you’re so witty and you seem to put a positive spin on even the most annoying, exasperating things like a leaky roof and fairly regular power outages. Good for you and your cheery life outlook. And happy birthday too! I don’t think I knew you were that age. For some reason I thought you were younger.
I couldn't have said it better!

Happy belated birthday!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 02:44 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Hi ladies. I’m pages behind. Maybe tonight I will have time to catch up. My nightly reading substitute. My husband’s mom who is 93 has been up and down medically. My daughter and he have also been busy visiting colleges. Two more to go.

I had a follow up with my spinal surgeon. He had a student with him and was reviewing my leg x-rays to show him the extent of my injuries. He kept saying over and over I can’t believe how bad your leg was shattered. He was one of the few people who have been so compassionate with my recovery and how difficult it will be over the next year. I still have weakness and decreased range of motion in my left arm. I’ve been given the all clear to start lifting lighter weights and working on upper body ROM to help improve the situation. Also wants me doing neck stretching since I have lots of tightness and decreased movement in that area also. I’ve been slowly putting more weight on my injured leg. I originally started at 35% but now I’m up to about 60%. The one big accomplishment this week is I am no longer sleeping in a hospital bed. It was removed from the house yesterday. I scoot my butt up the steps these days to sleep. If my husband is available, I have started using a cane with the handrail to go up the stairs. Need to start practicing coming down the stairs now that I’m getting a bit stronger. As always, take it day by day.

Waving and sending positive vibes to all.
Great progress Chele! You must be so happy to be back in your own bed! I'm sure that starting to work your UB even with light weights will feel great and I'm sure it will help with your healing. As you said so well, one day at a time. You've come so far.
Old 10-24-21, 02:51 PM  
lavna

Hello all!

I am now boot free (a day early but who's counting! ). I'm seeing the doctor Tuesday probably for the last time. The rest will be rehab until my strength is back.

I've started doing more barre workouts as I was getting tired of doing To the mat all the time and to try to strengthen my ankle a little bit. I might take a week off as I'm a little more tired these days (hormones!).

Glad everyone seems to be rather well these days.

Take care everyone. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Nathalie
Old 10-25-21, 10:14 AM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans!

Saturday I did Cathe's Boss Bands Glutes and Core workout. It was the first time doing it and I was pleased that I did basically everything without too much modification. It's definitely a moderate workout and not as tough as Cathe's usual offerings. Yesterday my glutes were sore but not in an "OMG what did I do?!!" kind of way. So, all good. I enjoyed the workout since I love variety and the length at around 51 minutes suited me well too. I am surprised that Cathe didn't use the blue loop at all in the workout.

Yesterday I didn't do any formal workout except for the 20 minute stability ball section of STS Ab Circuit. I liked this one and I did it all except for the pikes at the very end. I continued with regular roll-ins instead.

Bee I hope your storm didn't do too much damage.

Yeah, Nathalie, no more boot!!!! Woo hoo!

I started binge watching Succession on HBO over the weekend. Anyone else watch this? I'm about half way through season one. I'm really liking it; lots of conflicted characters, some to love, some to hate, some to feel sorry for.

I hope everyone has a great week.
Old 10-26-21, 12:13 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Here I am again!! Once again the days have just gotten away from me. But no appointments this week. Justin had chemo #4 last Wed and still doing well. We are hopeful.

Catching up.
Last Tues: Cathe Live 359 Pumped Up Lower body plus 21 Day Fix Barre Legs. GOOD stuff!! I really hammered my legs! But I must say the two 21DF and 21DFX Lower that I did earlier seemed harder though. At least I felt it more.
Last Wed: Nothing chemo day
Thurs: Cathe Live 358 30 Min Kickbox Express and 357 30 Min HiiT Express. SO GOOD together!! I liked both quite well and the HiiT was much like Perfect 30 HiiT.
Fri: 21DF Pilates and 21DFX Pilates. Autumn made Pilates fun again for me. Not killer hard but really good rest day or end-of-week workout.

I have still been meditating every day and Yoga almost every day. Keeping me sane.

This week:
Mon: Cathe Live 366 PHA Supersets 2 No Repeats plus 21DF Flat Abs. 366 was wicked. I liked the different rep speeds and patterns but no rest in between. I had weights all over. LOL. Cathe's PHA's are really good to pump up that metabolism!

Today I did Live 367 Cardio Kickboxing and Core. Very fun! I loved all the different combos and of course the core work was superb.

So does anyone have Cathe's little Yoga ball? I noticed that she uses it in a couple different workouts so far.

We have partial Dish Network and I actually am NOT happy with it. They keep losing channels. So now mostly streaming. I can get my local channels on HULU so may dump Dish altogether.

bee: Even though I am subscribing to Live again, I'll still look at her new workout DVDs. Belated happy birthday.

horusosiris: I know everyone has such different tastes. Good way to trade for new workouts! ;-)

Chel: Still sending you healing energy. You can get through this!!

manleym: I don't know what raised my LDL but I'm working on it. I don't think it was just Keto eating but I am definitely adding more fiber. I really don't want to have to go on meds.

Waves and hugs to everyone else!! Kitty, Kim, Alta, EVERYONE! I hope you stay strong and stay well!! Keep up your great work!! No judgement..have fun!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 12:37 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Kate - Hugs! I admire how committed you are to your fitness program come hell or high water! I have begun meditating every morning. (Again. I meditated every morning for almost 3 years and then just stopped when Covid began. How odd is that?) I'm also back to doing Lee Holden's 30-day Qi Gong Challenge. It's only 7 minutes in the morning.

Extra hugs to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 06:31 PM  
momofcha

Happy birthday Bee!,,

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 07:29 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans,

Today I pulled out a somewhat obscure workout - Canyon Ranch Total Body. It has two instructors that I don’t know and three sections. I did the 20 minute core section and the 20 minute total body weights. There is also a 20 minute yoga section that I didn’t do. It’s probably a low intermediate, lots of compound moves, not a lot of reps. Tons of variety especially in the core section. I wasn’t feeling too peppy so it was a good fit.

Hope everyone is plugging away.
Old 10-27-21, 12:22 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Alta: My workouts, meditation and Yoga are what keep me going. I'm glad you're back to daily meditation. I swear it makes a HUGE difference for me! You can do it!

Kim: Can't say I've ever heard of that workout.

Woohoo!! I had some energy today so did TWO Cathe Live workouts.
#362 Switch it Up Bootcamp - so much fun!! Yes a fair amount of equipment but not overdone. Plenty of time to switch up weights. Also uses band, sliders, stability ball. I think there were 4 round, each starts with cardio then the upper, lower, core work. I really liked this one!
#361 Cardio Weight Mashup. Very similar to 362 but several rounds of cardio and weights. Didn't use quite as much equipment but had kind of the same format.
Both of these workouts I went the same or slightly heavier than Cathe. Sorry but I can't do tricep overhead extensions with light weights. ;-)

So the first one was 51 minutes, 2nd was 38 minutes. I skipped the cooldown on the first one but ended up with about a 90 minute workout. SO GOOD!!!! I am so energized! I love testing my stamina and endurance with long workout. And SO feeling it!

Hope you all are being fierce today. Go ahead - push yourself a little. Don't get hurt but see how far you can go! I know you can do it!
HUGS to all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 03:49 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

KateTT, you simply amaze me. Way to GO with your workouts! I too love being able to get in longer workouts and to really FEEL like I did something!

BabyW, same here with the meditation! I had a wonderful habit of it right up until the pandemic hit and then got short-circuited and side-tracked. I really need to get back to it because my intuition was also blossoming as a lovely side effect and I'm feeling cut off from that a bit now. Also thought of your post on the GD about being your own best trainer today! I took a walk and heard a lot of what you told yourself in my head, hah!

Bee, did you survive the storms? We got some of what you got but being in a drought for ages now, I cannot complain...we needed the precip. Badly!

Kim, I have no idea why that workout sounds familiar, but it does!

Nathalie is BOOT FREE, yeah!!!! Way to go!!!

So I'm sticking with RWH again this week and did Back, Shoulders, and Biceps plus Plyo HIIT 2 on Sunday, Monday was LIHI Legs plus Abs 2, yesterday was Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps plus Low Impact HIIT 2, and today I did Travis Blaze #1 plus a walk outside because it is an absolutely amazing fall day out there. Also, at some point over the last few days I aggravated something in the bottom of my foot and it hurts!! I'm not sure if I bruised it or it's PF coming back (UG) or what. Hoping it feels better having taken it easy today. We'll see. Always something, right?

Gotta run...waves and hugs all the way around!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in