Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-26-22, 08:29 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I'm in NJ and we were supposed to get severe thunderstorms yesterday that would cool things off and bring much needed rain, but...nothing happened where I live. The grass is dying and leaves are falling off the trees. It's cooler today, thank goodness, so I guess even though the storms didn't hit here, at least it brought some relief. I want to water my lawn, but we can only do that on odd or even days, so I have to do it tomorrow.
Old 07-26-22, 08:31 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I'm in NJ and we were supposed to get severe thunderstorms yesterday that would cool things off and bring much needed rain, but...nothing happened where I live. The grass is dying and leaves are falling off the trees. It's cooler today, thank goodness, so I guess even though the storms didn't hit here, at least it brought some relief. I want to water my lawn, but we can only do that on odd or even days, so I have to do it tomorrow.
I am in NJ, and we didn't get the severe storms either. We got lightning at about 9pm (I remember because we were watching Better Call Saul) and that was it.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 08:42 AM  
bubbles76

No rain near me either. I put off washing my truck too. Guess I'm doing that today 🙂
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

No storms in coastal Connecticut. Warnings kept flashing on the TV but we got a few drops and the big cloud went sailing merrily away. It was only hotter last night.

At least there's a breeze today. We need rain badly though.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 09:17 AM  
sbh

I'm in northern CA. Usually, it is extremely dry heat during the summer. This year I have noticed that we have had a lot of wind, so the extreme part has scaled down a bit making it tolerable. I just keep telling myself it is worth it because the vegetable garden loves summer. The first day of fall is on Thursday, September 22.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 11:54 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I'm in the central foothills in California, pretty much due east of San Francisco but on the eastern side of the state. We're getting very little wind and are a bit warmer than usual. Instead of low to mid 90s and low 60s at night we're high 90s to 100 and high 60s at night, but with humidity below 20% in the day and below 30% at night. Right now we also have periods of smoke as we're 30 to 40 miles north of the biggest current wildfire. The smoke settles in during the night and mornings when the temperatures drop, so we can't open windows. Some days there's enough smoke in the house to need to run an air filter in my workout room before it's comfortable to exercise. Some days breathing is just too hard already. And when we can open windows, the warmer nights means it doesn't cool the house as much as usual. We're also conserving electricity and set our AC at 80 because of the drought, since most of our power is generated by water over dams. Fortunately, we had a couple of unusually cool periods in May and June. And today it's unexpectedly cloudy with a tiny bit of sprinkles early this morning so we're only 83 with 33% humidity and air quality in the green.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 01:21 PM  
cadams

Last edited by cadams; 07-26-22 at 01:59 PM. Reason: oops
cadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 02:52 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

We had a few days earlier in the month and last month when it was in the low to mid-80s and reasonable humidity and I was able to ride my bike a long way. Those are perfect summer days.

When you step outside and it feels like you're standing in a dryer vent, that's what I hate.

That being said, I'm a jeans-and-sweatshirt (or long-sleeve tee) girl and so I prefer spring and autumn.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 03:05 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
We had a few days earlier in the month and last month when it was in the low to mid-80s and reasonable humidity and I was able to ride my bike a long way. Those are perfect summer days.
After days of heat and humidity it finally broke here in Boston. I took my bike out and did “hill day” today. It’s much more pleasant riding in this weather.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 03:34 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Finally, a break!

I am so excited. It’s supposed to be in the mid 90s on Thursday and a high of 89 on Friday. Its going to feel like fall after these weeks of 100+.

It sounds like almost everyone is having a less than terrific summer.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, hot weather