Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-14-17, 06:13 PM  
sherry7899

Joan- I have missed seeing you here. I am glad you are posting again.

DejaDeb-missed you also!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 06:52 PM  
DejaDeb

Thanks Jennifer & Joan -- I was (relatively) certain that I didn't "need" this set as well ... but the $12 off coupon (today only?) made me rethink my thoughts. I already have the band, so that isn't a driving factor for me.

Oh well, if I can make a trade (temp or otherwise), I'll be happy; if I can't make a trade, I'll still be happy, just about other things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Joan- I have missed seeing you here. I am glad you are posting again.

DejaDeb-missed you also!
Thanks, Sherry! I've got a lot on my plate right now, but all is well!
Old 02-15-17, 02:16 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb View Post
Thanks, Sherry! I've got a lot on my plate right now, but all is well!
What Debbie said, Sherry! A lot on my plate, working long hours, etc., but I'm doing OK.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-17, 04:05 PM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I like the set. The band can get annoying at time at least for me. I didn't care for the 4 mile walk because of Nick, he annoyed me in this one. He had a mike on and you could hear his laugh and noises from him every few seconds, got old fast. Not sure why they focused on him in this walk. The others walks I did enjoy. The 5 mile walk for me went by so fast, I couldn't believe it. I started using my hand weights, just seemed easier for me. I didn't do the leg exercises, I would continue to walk around my room. The last 10 minutes of each walk the time comes up and countdowns the time
Ugh, Nick! I can hardly do any Leslie workout that he's in, he annoys me that much!
Old 02-15-17, 09:42 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
Ugh, Nick! I can hardly do any Leslie workout that he's in, he annoys me that much!
I know what you mean although Nick doesn't bother me. It's Maddie from "Walk it off in 30 days" who annoys me. She started to pop up in some Beachbody workouts like the newer P90 + 21 Day Fix and drove me nuts. I'm glad I haven't seen her in anything else lately.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-17, 12:18 PM  
Mickey12

I love Nick!! I think he's so fun and cute and enthusiastic. Isn't it funny how we have different opinions.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-17, 10:42 PM  
Gams

I bought my set not long ago when it was on QVC for $30 + dollars and free shipping. From what I've done so far, I like some of it and some of it not so much. I don't like the set and the blah clothing. I also don't like the fact that the miles are not counted down clearly like she does on some of her other walks. I do like the walk I tried on the bonus DVD - I particularly like the one guy in the group and I like the one mile with the recognizable music - forget what she calls it. I figured I got a good price for all the DVDs I got with the set.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-17, 11:16 PM  
beanpeanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
I got sucked in by the posted infomercial. IMHO it is not worth the $48. Mine arrived 3+ weeks after ordering in a non-padded envelope, inside box crushed and ends ripped, 3 of 5 DVDs loose & out of cheap oversized cardboard holder. I find the band flimsy and it seems like it will break sooner rather than later. I only have done 2 of the walks w/band, but they are nothing new, just faster with generic music. I doubt I will do these often, no fun factor. If this had better music, was in a normal sized hard DVD case, and had a thicker/stronger band, then I wouldn't regret ordering. I will try the other workouts (eventually) & decide if I am going to get rid of.
I purchased mine from QVC and when I opened the box, the DVDs were all scratched, all looked like used and returned product. I agree with you though, it had no fun factor for me, and I do enjoy Leslie and own several of her workouts. I just could not get into this one at all, I returned it.
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-17, 11:38 PM  
bfit

This set was OK, but I didn't think it was anything special and certainly nothing new. It was so similar to my other Leslie workouts that I gave it to someone who likes Leslie but doesn't have many workout DVDs. I gave the band away too because I have so many other bands. I can see how this band might be easier for some people to grip onto though. Instead of wrapping the band around your hands there are holes that you can use like handles.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 12:41 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I don't know why people love Nick so much , he doesn't bother me though, I like seeing the guy the sport cap (I can't remember his name), he makes me smile, I don't know why. I wanted this set because of the band, but I never ended ordering.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3 fast and fun miles, leslie sansone, miracle miles