Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-23-15, 10:34 PM  
eeyore

Leslie Sansone Your Daily Walk

Who is considering buying this?
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 10:42 PM  
Sara1000

Do you have a link for this? I couldn't find anything by that name.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 10:47 PM  
CharM

From FB
Walk at Home is excited to announce the launch of our new subscription fitness program called “Your Daily Walk.”

To find out more or subscribe to “Your Daily Walk”, visit: http:/walkathome.com/your-daily-walk/
The “Your Daily Walk” subscription offers subscribers a pre-planned workout schedule with different workout videos chosen every day from Walk At Home’s extensive video library. The videos are delivered through Your Daily Walk apps for iOS or Android devices that bring up today’s workout with one tap for immediate high quality streaming video playback.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-15, 11:12 PM  
lrb04

I love Leslie but would ONLY subscribe to something that had new walks that she would do with or without others but nothing already out on DVD- I have almost all & only something fresh. If she had a new weekly walk every week that she had just for this channel & the old stuff also to chose from then that is something different!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 02:58 AM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
I love Leslie but would ONLY subscribe to something that had new walks that she would do with or without others but nothing already out on DVD- I have almost all & only something fresh. If she had a new weekly walk every week that she had just for this channel & the old stuff also to chose from then that is something different!
If I had all of her workouts already, I would agree with Fran - what's the point if you already have it?

Even tho I dont have all of her workouts, I am on a budget now. But, it willbe something to consider when I have the funds! Especially, if you can cancel anytime - I could do two or three months of 4.99 a year & get access to Leslie material I dont have without having to pay full price for each of her dvds.

Food for thought - thanks for sharing

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 06:26 AM  
eeyore

http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...b&e=855ce5eacc

Sorry, I posted before I saw someone else provided the link
eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 11:39 AM  
TinierTina

Oh, well, Leslie ... I've had enough conniptions already ....

It's only for iOs and Android subscribers. I have a PC notebook without touch capability, and no smart dedicated-mobile device.
Sorry, but my notebook is my only smart mobile device. I'm not kidding. I've a basic phone (NO Jitterbug, my phone has mobile browser capability.) If there is no workaround for this soon, such as videos be made available via a non-Periscope app or via vimeo pro download, etc. for non-Android, non-iOs non-phone/tablet users, I remain a loyal but occasional customer for Downloads (if put in by Leslie in the ether somewhere) or Leslie's DVDs. Believe me, I am a Leslie relative newbie, dating back to rediscovering her 12 years after Walk Away the Pounds had put me nearly to sleep.

She won me over Jessica Smith immediately probably [aside from knees not needing the continual, nearly un-downmodifiable torqueing Jessica walk "creativity"] because I came in when she was in her fairly recent MC Hammer phase; and had been abruptly interrupted (shall we say) by neighbor protests against her music. Sorry, Leslie; I realize why I can get (if slight) bargains on your DVDs in The Big Apple over here (while still being able to boycott Amazon.com - no mean feat!)... and I both like and don't like that (I have to keep you under wraps; you are not stylish over here, but I am a senior citizen anyway, practically ...) ...

I realize there are Android Emulators out there for PC, but Periscope itself is in beta. And the Android Emulators may not be able to render playability of these offerings on a PC (at least not a Windows 10-still-in-beta PC), in both their and Periscope’s current stage of development.

That is all ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 11:47 AM  
Sara1000

I didn't understand half of what you said, Bettina, but I think I'm in the same boat - PC only, phone with no data capability. Anyway, I probably have most of the workouts on DVD.

I'll just continues to make up my own rotations, mostly using Cathe, Jessica and Leslie. I like the idea of this program though, for people who like to do just Leslie.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 12:13 PM  
TinierTina

How Important to you, Sara, is Leslie's actual instruction/music vs. her patter ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I didn't understand half of what you said, Bettina, but I think I'm in the same boat - PC only, phone with no data capability. Anyway, I probably have most of the workouts on DVD.

I'll just continues to make up my own rotations, mostly using Cathe, Jessica and Leslie. I like the idea of this program though, for people who like to do just Leslie.
By the way, I love her patter! It doesn't really get old, for me even on those DVDs.

And her energy is different at those Walk Concerts.

I wouldn't mind paying (though not too much, I don't have much cash right now), for downloads of LIVE recordings of her Walk Concerts. I mean, it had taken me years, but I got over that you just had to be there brand of abiding envy that I couldn't physically get there myself.

I am pretty sure she doesn't get too "creative" in her presentation for the weird journalistic camera angles that are usually part and parcel of this. Because newbies.

It would not be like someone inexperienced teaching in that same situation (where it comes out too tough to do because they are too busy showing off for the camera!!!).

And her patter would be, maybe, copious but a little different, more situational ... AND the musical ASCAP-workaround covers or not - would be even better. Because prospective students and Walk Leaders!

Please be reading this, Leslie ...

No offense at all to anyone intended by my comment and my one upthread.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-15, 01:33 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I signed up for the free first month because I was curious and I don't have all the Leslie DVDs. The videos are on the Purple Player platform and they show up in your Purple Player library. The good news is you can play the videos in your Purple Player library from your computer. The bad news is the Leslie IOS APP doesn't work. I can't seem to sign in to the APP and when I click on "forgot password" it says it will send me a reset password to my email but the email never comes. Others wrote the same complaint in the APP review section.

But I can still play the videos from the Purpler Player app that I have in my IOS device. I just have to choose the workout on my own. There are about 47 DVDs from her Walk at Home inventory. It does not include her vintage and pre-Walk at Home workouts which I like. (Gaiam probably has the rights to those). It doesn't include her very latest DVDs but it does include the Miracle Miles 5 DVD set.

I can see this subscription would be good for those folks who like to stream and don't like to deal with DVDs (as I do) and who don't have all her workouts. Hopefully she will add her most recent DVDs to the subscription service.

ETA: I just realized the log in is the same log in as the Purple Player log in - the Leslie Daily Walk App is developed by Platform Purple.
Also, I got charged $4.99 for the first month; did not get first month free.

ETA: The attachment is a current listing of the DVDs included in the subscription.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Leslie subscription videos 12-24-15.pdf (11.5 KB, 549 views)

Tags
leslie sansone, miracle miles, mobile workouts, periscope, purple player, streaming videos