Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-23, 11:33 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
My parents both got Covid just as the new shot was arriving in September. My dad got it first, he had a very bad sore throat and a high fever. After that it looked like a cold. My mom came down with a couple days later and I think she had a mild fever and cold like symptoms and then crushing fatigue for about a week.

A couple things to note: they both tested negative for Covid for at least 3 to 4 days. My understanding is that this can be because the virus is not present in the nose where it is swabbed. Since Covid can be another parts of the body, one can have Covid and not be able to ascertain that it is Covid because the only place we are testing for it is in the nose. My parents both thought they had colds.

They are both in their 70s and did not connect with their doctor to take an antiviral and they both said that it just felt like a cold to them except with a lot of fatigue.

Concerning the sinus med rinse, if it hasn’t been mentioned here before it’s necessary to use distilled water purchased from the store and not tapwater. The filtering done to tapwater is fine for the digestive system, but it is not OK for the water that goes in your sinuses near the brain and people sometimes get serious infections.
I follow the directions and boil my water for a minute. I’ve never had a problem. I’d have to store a gallon of distilled water. Would it keep well without bacteria growing in it?
Old 12-28-23, 11:34 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
P.S.:

USPS.com is still mailing out free Covid tests - 1 order includes 4 tests. ours arrived fairly quickly.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/At-Ho...D-19-Test-Kits

your health plan might also still be able to provide you free tests and/or cover any out of pocket costs if you go to a pharmacy.

also, if you have some "old" test kits at home, many of the expiration dates have been extended. here's a link to the table where you can check for the updated extension date:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...tic-tests#list
Thanks!
Old 12-28-23, 12:54 PM  
OSusanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I follow the directions and boil my water for a minute. I’ve never had a problem. I’d have to store a gallon of distilled water. Would it keep well without bacteria growing in it?
I admit that I was just giving the advice that my doctor had given me regarding this issue. It may will be that the protocol given to you is acceptable. I just know that plain tapwater without being treated is dangerous to be used near the brain like that. That’s probably why the direction say to boil it first.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covid, covid-19