Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-24, 04:16 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
I have several Linda DVDs, and a few of them are DVD-R. the media on it has been fine, however, the center hole of one of them cracked, and it was too far past 30 days (or so - not sure if there's a window of warranty) that Linda would not give me a replacement. there's a footnote somewhere on her website that DVD-R have a lifetime guarantee (or something like that), but I guess it doesn't cover a broken center hole. This was her beginner's mat work DVD that came out earlier - can't remember the year.

I'm pretty careful about removing a disc from its case (this one came with a case), and I didn't notice it right away. I have no idea whether the physical aspects of DVD-R discs are flimsier than regular DVD.
I’ve purchased a few used pressed dvds that ended up having the cracks in the center. I’m super careful with them. I have a few DVD-R that are fine, but my sister ended up with one from eBay (pirated most likely) that never played for her.

Still not convinced…

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 04:23 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I still haven’t decided on Linda’s Wall sets.I recently realized I have a good amount of wall to use if I roll our Bellicon out and away and of course I’m consumed with the need to utilize every ounce of the wall’s exercise potential.
I have a little wall space, but it would require moving stuff but it’s not a deal killer. One of my favorite Udaya Yoga workouts (my brief foray into streaming) was from Vytas called the Wall. I had to go in the middle of my house for that one and tried to watch on a small computer screen. Still, the workout was wonderful.

I initially was looking under equipment of “gliding” on TotalFitness and the Barlates wall workouts are in this category. I have no idea why because I saw no gliding at all and none listed in equipment for the workouts. I was intrigued by the wall though.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 03-23-24, 06:40 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I have a little wall space, but it would require moving stuff but it’s not a deal killer. One of my favorite Udaya Yoga workouts (my brief foray into streaming) was from Vytas called the Wall. I had to go in the middle of my house for that one and tried to watch on a small computer screen. Still, the workout was wonderful.

I initially was looking under equipment of “gliding” on TotalFitness and the Barlates wall workouts are in this category. I have no idea why because I saw no gliding at all and none listed in equipment for the workouts. I was intrigued by the wall though.
That yoga workout sounds wonderful! I’d definitely buy a DVD or download of it were it available.

I decided against these wall DVDs. When I took a close look at the previews I’m really not seeing any Pilates movements. Since that’s what I’m looking for these just don’t seem likely to scratch that itch for me.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 11:50 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I’ve purchased a few used pressed dvds that ended up having the cracks in the center. I’m super careful with them. I have a few DVD-R that are fine, but my sister ended up with one from eBay (pirated most likely) that never played for her.

Still not convinced…
I generally stay away from DVD-Rs as well. If i download, I download to my hard drive, and that has worked wonderfully well - you avoid cracked/deteriorating discs, you have lots of digital storage space and need not worry about everything fitting on a disc, etc.

I'm transitioning toward SSD drives which are more durable than a plain old hard drive storage. SSD drives have much more capacity and reliability.

Quote:
One of my favorite Udaya Yoga workouts (my brief foray into streaming) was from Vytas called the Wall. I had to go in the middle of my house for that one and tried to watch on a small computer screen. Still, the workout was wonderful.
Quote:
That yoga workout sounds wonderful! I’d definitely buy a DVD or download of it were it available.
Yes - which Vytas yoga workout was that? inquiring minds want to know.

Is it this one (YouTube clip) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=Hlgl7LC9gBA

Is purchase/permanent download option available? That link was an ad for Udaya streaming.

I have a few Vytas workouts including his Udaya set - this was the one originally sold on a non-standard flashdrive, and eventually replaced with DVD-Rs from Udaya after many complaints about the flashdrive. (note to self - transfer to SSD)
Quote:
I decided against these wall DVDs. When I took a close look at the previews I’m really not seeing any Pilates movements. Since that’s what I’m looking for these just don’t seem likely to scratch that itch for me.
Wall Pilates:
There might be better ones out there that came before Linda's versions of wall pilates. I notice that Linda is a bandwagon follower, and despite the titles/intent of her versions of fitness trends, they wind up being similar to her usual style of fast and furious.

I started a thread a few months ago asking about Wall Pilates in general after seeing lots of ads for these workouts pop up on my feed. I tagged that thread and will tag it here in case people want to check out the replies.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 07:44 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Yes - which Vytas yoga workout was that? inquiring minds want to know.

Is it this one (YouTube clip) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=Hlgl7LC9gBA

Is purchase/permanent download option available? That link was an ad for Udaya streaming.

I have a few Vytas workouts including his Udaya set - this was the one originally sold on a non-standard flashdrive, and eventually replaced with DVD-Rs from Udaya after many complaints about the flashdrive. (note to self - transfer to SSD)
Yes, that’s it! I probably couldn’t do it now, but I remember thinking it was amazing. No download option, unfortunately. It’s behind the streaming paywall.

I have many workouts downloaded to SSD. I guess I’m a visual person, so I forget what’s there. I also prefer the larger screen of my TV instead of laptop.

Old 03-23-24, 07:58 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
I bought, for a total of $73.29:

Pilates Body Sculpting Workout DVD with Ana Caban
Pilates Beginning Mat Workout DVD with Ana Caban
Baron Baptiste Power Yoga Level 1 The Initial Challenge
Baron Baptiste Journey Into Power Vinyasa Yoga Level 1
Gin MIller's Slim & Trim Dumbbell Workout
Scott Cole Discover Tai Chi For Beginners
Body for Life for Women Workout with Ellen Barrett
Yoga: Relaxation Audio CD by Lifescapes
Petra Kolber Elegant Strength
Barre3 Burner with Sadie Lincoln
Rejuvenation with Kathy Smith Total Firm and Fit
Pilates for Life 20 Minute Abs & Waist Workout with Amy Brown
Pilates for Life 20 Minute Overall Body Workout with Amy Brown
Malibu Pilates Basics and Sculpt & Tone
Malibu Pilates Total Body Make Over & Target Specific Training 2 DVD Set
Pilates Pro Chair Susan Lucci's Favorite Moves - Jennifer Galardi
Weight Watchers Time Crunch Training DVD - Stephanie Huckabee
Leslie Sansone Muscle Mile One
Gold's Gym Tank Top Arms
Whoa lol! From your list I have Elegant Strength, which is very nice.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-24, 08:14 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

I purchased:

Denise Austin Best Belly Fat Blasters DVD
The Method Pilates Target Specifics Abs Arms Hips Thighs - Jennifer Kries
Women's Health Slim Calm Sexy Yoga with Bethany Lyons
Yoga To The Rescue Feel Good From Head to Toe DVD
Joel Harper Firming After 50 DVD
Tony & the Folks DVD - Tony Horton
Yoga Class Flexibility Fitness Relaxation - Gary Bromley DVD & Book
Yoga Booty Ballet Live Light & Easy DVD

I’m most looking forward to the Bethany Lyons DVD as I really enjoyed her in Crunch Yoga Body Sculpt.
“My life wouldn't be easier if I were thin. My life would be easier if this culture wasn't obsessed with oppressing me because I'm fat. The solution to a problem like bigotry is not to do everything in our power to accommodate the bigotry. It is to get rid of the bigotry.”- Virgie Tovar
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 11:57 AM  
fatkat555

I picked up a few more:

The Method Dynamic Toning
The New Method 20/20 Target Toning Pilates
Prevention Slim and Strong , Lara Hudson
Boost Your Metabolism, Tracey Staehle
Trudie Styler’s Cardio Dance Flow
Rejuvenation with Kathy Smith Stretch and Flex

I almost picked up BarreAmped Bpunce thinking I could use my jump board on my Aeropilates machine because my ReboundAir died. I think the transitions might be too quick and I’d just end up frustrated.

Old 03-25-24, 12:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I also prefer the larger screen of my TV instead of laptop.
yes, and i cast it to the big TV.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 03:59 PM  
Gams

I’ve never heard of Gin Miller’s Slim and Trim Dumbbell Workout. Was it also released under a different title?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd deterioration, dvd-r, mary's sale, totalfitnessdvds.com, wall pilates