Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-05, 08:59 AM  
fit tish

Question Loving extreme makeover dvd, what else would I like?

Looking to purchase more workouts. What I love about this dvd is that time flies bye, the ocean scene is such a great escape for me, the choices of workouts & their length of time I also love! I wake at 5:30a to exercise and really need workouts that are less than an hour but pack a punch . Any and all suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated ! TIA everyone
fit tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 10:15 AM  
horsemom2

Phh

Their style is most like Beach Body's Tony Horton's Power Half Hours to me
but no ocean

Barb S
who would have liked these more if the music matched the moves
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 10:20 AM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit tish
Looking to purchase more workouts. What I love about this dvd is that time flies bye, the ocean scene is such a great escape for me, the choices of workouts & their length of time I also love! I wake at 5:30a to exercise and really need workouts that are less than an hour but pack a punch . Any and all suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated ! TIA everyone
In terms of the setting, Your Personal Best by Karen Voight and Elle MacPherson also has beautiful Hawaii scenery. It has three cardio sections separated by strength, abs and stretching.

In terms of format -- where you can decide which bits and pieces you want to do on a particular day -- Karen Voight's Slim Physique is kind of set up the same way, and so is Leisa Hart's Digital Gym in a Box (which is generally not a favorite here at VF, buyer beware).

Oh, and the majority of Gilad's workouts are also filmed in Hawaii.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 11:54 AM  
fit tish

Smile thanks horsemom2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
Their style is most like Beach Body's Tony Horton's Power Half Hours to me
but no ocean

Barb S
who would have liked these more if the music matched the moves

will look for PHH on ebay. Do you rec any one from the set over the other? Also, is there any place to view clips of the workouts? TIA
Old 03-28-05, 11:56 AM  
fit tish

Smile hi pamelap

forgot to metion that I Your personal best.......great workout although the last cardio gets me but I keep trying . I have Karen's burn & firm can you tell me how she has the workouts set up on the slim physique? Is this the one with the different workout for each day?TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaP
In terms of the setting, Your Personal Best by Karen Voight and Elle MacPherson also has beautiful Hawaii scenery. It has three cardio sections separated by strength, abs and stretching.

In terms of format -- where you can decide which bits and pieces you want to do on a particular day -- Karen Voight's Slim Physique is kind of set up the same way, and so is Leisa Hart's Digital Gym in a Box (which is generally not a favorite here at VF, buyer beware).

Oh, and the majority of Gilad's workouts are also filmed in Hawaii.
Old 03-28-05, 12:29 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:

will look for PHH on ebay. Do you rec any one from the set over the other? Also, is there any place to view clips of the workouts? TIA
I especially like the abs one cuz the abs are worked while standing and moving. The lower body one was very good too but tougher than Extreme Makeover with all sorts of lunges.
Since I received them in a trade, I have no clue where to find them to order or view clips

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 01:29 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
i like Extreme Makeover too.

i just got Karen Voight's Sleek Physique the other day, and it is filmed indoors and you get a 30-min workout in each choice. although i've only done the Sunday yoga segment, it doesn't have the "fun" factor of EM. i like the abs section in EM, mostly because it is balanced-off with back work.

one that i would recommend is Gilad's Quick Fit system - the cardios are 30 min each (there's 3 different ones in the set) and the toning parts are separated by body part. run time for toning depends on the segment - as little as 16 minutes to 20 minutes, and it is chaptered well. all of it is filmed outdoors.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 01:33 PM  
fit tish

Talking thanks bzar!

I have the QFS on my 'to buy' list Ebay doesn't seem to have any good deals on the set so I am waiting til I find it at a great price .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
i like Extreme Makeover too.

i just got Karen Voight's Sleek Physique the other day, and it is filmed indoors and you get a 30-min workout in each choice. although i've only done the Sunday yoga segment, it doesn't have the "fun" factor of EM. i like the abs section in EM, mostly because it is balanced-off with back work.

one that i would recommend is Gilad's Quick Fit system - the cardios are 30 min each (there's 3 different ones in the set) and the toning parts are separated by body part. run time for toning depends on the segment - as little as 16 minutes to 20 minutes, and it is chaptered well. all of it is filmed outdoors.
Old 03-28-05, 01:50 PM  
lizf22

David Snively's Custom Fit Interactive Training has 12 20 minute routines that can be mixed and matched. He's the guy from Caribbean Workout and the segments are from that..it's filmed in Barbados I think.

I haven't done all the segments yet but the rebounder routine and ball bootcamp were fun and challenging.

Here is a link: http://www.davidsnively.com/
They also have it on Netflix if you want to try before you buy!

HTH

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

When you grow on the inside, you shrink on the outside.
lizf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 01:58 PM  
fit tish

Thumbs up thanks lizf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizf22
David Snively's Custom Fit Interactive Training has 12 20 minute routines that can be mixed and matched. He's the guy from Caribbean Workout and the segments are from that..it's filmed in Barbados I think.

I haven't done all the segments yet but the rebounder routine and ball bootcamp were fun and challenging.

Here is a link: http://www.davidsnively.com/
They also have it on Netflix if you want to try before you buy!

HTH

off to amazon!