Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-05, 05:28 PM  
Dabbadooey

What's the difference between the Club ramp and the Home ramp?...

I noticed on gin's site the Club ramp is pretty pricey. However it looks the same as the Leslie ramp. Has anyone bought the Club ramp?
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 05:30 PM  
Joe

The size and surface material (the colored areas). Also the way the legs are designed for raising and lowering the angle of the ramp. I like the Club model much better.

The surface is made out of a material that is slip resistent when wet. The home model just has those bumps built into the hard body.

The Club model's legs have a simple twist and push/pull system for raising and lowering the legs while the home model has those push button locking device like you'd find on a vacuum cleaner hose and attachments.

You should be able to find the dimensions of each on the internet. I'm thinking Gin Miller's website?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-05, 07:19 PM  
EileenS
VF Supporter

What Joe said I started with the home Ramp, but got a Club Ramp after trying out a few workouts. The Club Ramp is a bit bigger in both dimensions and is a bit sturdier. The height adjustment is much nicer.

The main selling point to me was the increased width -- the extra room to travel side-to-side allows me to add more energy to the workouts, so the workouts become more low-intermediate rather than beginner. Once more advanced workouts for the Ramp come out (please??) this may not be as much of a factor.

HTH
Old 01-20-05, 08:04 AM  
PamelaP

Courtesy of an email I received from Mary Griffin early last year:

Club version:

Dimensions: Length 42"; width 22"
Thickness 3"

Weight: 1 unit = 15 lbs.

Home version:

Dimensions: Length 34 1/8", Width 15 5/8"
Weight: 8 pounds
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 08:31 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

How much use are all you rampers getting out of your ramps? I'm interested but have so much equipment lying around in the basement that I can't justify acquiring anything else unless I really use it a lot. Do you think it's really effective?
Old 01-20-05, 09:42 AM  
doskymom

Jane,

I think the current ramping workouts, when done "as is", are at best low intermediate workouts. I like my ramp and use it occasionally for a light day workout, but the current workouts are not that intense. Gin is supposed to be coming out with a couple new workouts any day now ("Creative Combos" and "Ramp Strong"). I don't know if she's upped the intensity in these or not. If you are already an advanced or intermediate exerciser, I don't believe you would see dramatic results with the ramping workouts that are currently available.
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-05, 01:20 PM  
EileenS
VF Supporter

I have to agree with doskymom -- I'd get a lot more use out of the Ramp if there were more advanced workouts available. I do like it, though, and am willing to wait for a while. It was just the thing to get me back to working out after a long period off. The motion is different than stepping, and I find it a good change.

I've kept two of the bonus workouts (Cardio Express and Super Sculpt) that are low intermediate and am hoping that more intermediate level workouts might come along.