Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-05, 09:08 AM  
Fitinvent

Smile Does anyone like the "As seen on TV" fitness Equipment?

With all the 1/2 hours ad's for equipment products, does anyone use them? Or do they just sell what they can, and introduce a new item. And are there many other males into fitness, on videofitness?
Old 04-04-05, 12:47 PM  
PamelaP

Hi Ed -- welcome. There are a few infomercial products that have been popular with VFers, such as the Firm kits, Leslie Sansone's "Walkblaster"/ramp and Winsor Pilates.

As for men at VF, you're in a definite minority but there are a few!
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-05, 02:04 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitinvent
With all the 1/2 hours ad's for equipment products, does anyone use them? Or do they just sell what they can, and introduce a new item. And are there many other males into fitness, on videofitness?
i read your profile - thanks for sharing. what sort of fitness items have you invented? just curious.

VFers are cautious in general w/regard to fitness equipment. many people here go to fitnessinfomercialreview.com, amazon, collage, epinions.com, to read reviews. we have a "gear" forum here at VF where people comment on equipment. if you do a search of any particular fitness gadget here at VF, 90% of the time a VFer has started a thread about it.

welcome to VF, btw!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-05, 02:09 PM  
Fitinvent

As usual Thanks for accepting the few men that are here..:-) I was in a miniority when i instructed aerobic's and had a great time doing that part-time, as for my invention, it's new and licienced and they just came in. I email Wendy and i really can't talk about it, seeing i'm the inventor. But it works the ab's a safe way, lower back, stretching and works the quads.