Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-21, 04:59 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
*whispers* Buy It!

Yesterday was Metrx 180 shaping workout 4

So. Many. Pushups. I'm so glad I recently worked on improving my form.
As usual the stretch was very short. I am actually feeling the abs today, but I didn't actually enjoy them.
Oof! My wallet is safe now!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 04:04 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Misty Tripoli Delicious Dance disc 2 - wow - loved this. got it from her fire sale.

Travis Eliot - Yoga Foundations - first practice 45 min (1 of 3). excellent, relaxing. i already own his UY set, so i knew what to expect. there's no sun salutes in this segment too.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 09:30 AM  
Vantreesta

I've done a lot of virgin workouts this year but never remember to post! Here's yesterdays:

I did Misty Tripoli's Bootylicious off Delicious Dance for the first time, which was fun.

Then I did WWE Stephanie McMahon Fit Series -Lower Body+Stretch. I know I hadn't done the lower body section, but since I had done the upper body it's possible I did the stretch too. I couldn't find the index card for it in my quick search so I can't say for sure right now. The workout was 2 rounds of the following exercises: goblet squats, reverse lunges, deadlifts, quadruped straight leg raises (with your chest on your thigh, which was kind of weird) and donkey kick circles. First round was 8 reps, second was 12. Not a bad workout but my biggest gripe is that she leads you through a couple minutes of warmup and THEN demos the exercises. Drove me crazy to have to just stop when she should have demoed before the warmup!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-21, 05:18 PM  
wendug

I love Kelly Coffey Meyer's 30 MTF Stepboxing so I decided to order her Stepboxing workout from 2007. Kelly's cuing isn't great in this workout, and you can tell it is one of her earlier offerings. The Stepboxing portion moves fast and, surprisingly, I caught on pretty well considering I didn't preview the workout. It seems more like a step workout with some kickboxing thrown in rather than a "stepboxing" workout, but I still enjoyed it. The cardio weights portion was decent. I used my 8lb weights and those definitely kept my heart rate up. Kelly uses the step in this portion of the workout as well. The last section, abs, was very meh. She has so many other creative ab workouts and this just has your typical crunches. Overall I like the workout, but I'll need a few more times doing to step portion to get the routine down.

Also, I wore my new Puma Star Vital cross trainers for this workout (picked up at Marshalls for $40), and they are comfy!
Old 09-30-21, 07:57 PM  
wendug

I picked up the Firm's Time Crunch Cardio with Allie Del Rio recently and I'm happy I did! I thought this was part of their Express series with shorter, more intense workouts (which I'm not really a fan of), so I ignored this workout for a long time. I stumbled upon a preview of it on YT and was pleasantly surprised to find that this DVD has 3- 20 minute workouts, but they are not the the high impact HIIT like the Firm Express. Allie leads 3- 20 minute workouts, one using heavy weights, one using light cardio weights, and one strictly cardio workout. I was able to do all 3 one right after the other and got a great workout. I think this workout leans more toward intermediate, which could be made tougher by increasing the weights. I also think these could be used separately for days one is short on time, or added to another workout to round out your day.

I've been a Firm fan for a long time but wasn't interested in the Express workout system. I think it was a happy accident I stumbled upon this workout that follows their Express system format, but isn't quite as high impact. I'm glad I have this in my Firm library!
Old 09-30-21, 08:56 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Jessica Smith:
Walk Strong 1 (6 week transformation):
360 Abs - 31 min.

This is a walking workout, about 80% standing, and the other 20% you're doing weighted bird dogs and dead bug. no traditional crunches or semblance of.

it's a great workout and the time flew by.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 10:25 AM  
Vantreesta

I'm not good at remembering to post here or the dust bunnies thread but yesterday I finally tore the shrinkwrap off Jackie Warner 30 Day Fast Start. It even had a plastic tab on it meaning I bought it at a store, and how long has it been since Walmart carried workout DVDs in the store???

Anyway, I did the upper body workout and frankly pretty close to hated it. This is very unusual for me! It's a pyramid workout and she has 6 pyramids. The first three are chest and biceps and the last three are back and triceps. I can't remember the exact exercises but for the first one I think it was pushups and regular biceps curls. So you do one pushup, then get yourself upright on your knees and do one biceps curl. Then you do two reps of each, then three, going up to ten. So you completely fry your chest and biceps in the first three pyramids, but she moves so fast I couldn't use heavier weights, plus my biceps need lighter weights than a chest press anyway. I think pyramid 2 was chest press then sit up to do wide curls and pyramid 3 was chest flies then sit up to do hammer curls (or smthg like that). For the back and triceps pyramids obviously my back is much stronger than my triceps but since it moves so fast you have to use the same weight for everything so my back never felt worked. At one point she says to move slow, stay on her count and I wanted to yell at her and ask if she was crazy bc you really couldn't lift weights any faster than she was going! So not only did I not like the speed of the workout, I also didn't like the format. Like why couldn't pyramids 1, 3 and 5 been chest and bis and 2, 4 and 6 been back and tris? My shoulders got totally burned out and at the end I even had to drop the weights completely bc with the speed I couldn't keep good form. For a lot of the workout I couldn't do full range of motion either.

The lower body workout is also pyramid and given my history of lower body injuries I will be previewing this one before deciding if I will attempt it. As a side note, I had no issue with Jackie other than her idea of a slow count!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-22, 08:49 AM  
fanofladyvols

New to me Ballet Fitness with Nicky McGinty. This is not endless repetitions and the music is a different theme for each chapter. If you like Caroline Sandry then you'll like her. The background and style appears to be the same as Caroline's 30 days Pilates set just shot at a different angle. Voiceover while she performs. Very measured pace with the arms and core chapters lower difficulty than the two lower body chapters. The last two chapters are really quite soothing with a short balletish dance segment and stretch.I split this up with the DVD below so I can't say how doing all the segments together would feel. Three from me.

Powerstrike 5 I didn't do this DVD all together so I can't speak to how that feels. However, I liked the fact that there were Chapters for the arms, kicks and combinations. I loved the combinations. She starts off prepping moves and then adds but also does them a long time so someone who likes to shake things up quickly would hate this DVD. I wish there was a shortened premix to reduce the reps and give you a 30 minute version but splitting it up worked for me. I enjoyed this good sweatfest especially with my weighted gloves. I liked the music since she matched it to her moves. Two

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 01:59 AM  
fatkat555

Last night I tried (new to me) Reboot 1 by Tracie Long. I was surprised by the impact that this workout had, but overall it wasn’t excessive leaping and jumping kind of stuff. Overall, I liked this one but would need to do it again with heavier weights. I did find the lying ab work odd in that the Turkish getup was half and slightly twisted. I need to review this move to make sure I’m executing it correctly.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 09:45 PM  
fatkat555

I just did Reboot 2 by Tracie Long. This one had a lot of quick moves and impact, more than Reboot 1. Overall, I found it more challenging than Reboot 1. It’s a keeper IMO, but the impact might keep me from doing it often. Oh, and there are frog jump/ burpee type moves I’m never fond of, but I did them.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins