Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-05, 07:08 PM  
beospenser

Question for those who do CATHE exclusively.....

I am on a Cathe strength kick right now. I just am amazed at the fast and beautiful results I get from these workouts. Currently I am using the three Gymstyles and Muscle Max once a week and adding cardio. I also own Pure Strength, Slow and Heavy, Advanced High Step Training, and Muscle Endurance/Bootcamp.

Here is my question: for those who pretty much do Cathe exclusively, how do you rotate her workouts? Do you switch her "series" weekly or monthly (for example, Gymstyles one month, S&H the next?)

Debbie
beospenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 07:19 PM  
Celes

I don't do Cathe exclusively but her routines definitely play a large role in my exercise regime. I personally like to do a weight 'series' for at least 3 weeks so I can measure my progress. I always write down the poundage I use for each set and if my reps differ I write down how many reps I am behind or above Cathe. I find that by doing this I am able to improve each time instead of guessing how much weight to use for each workout.

I also prefer to rotate her workouts based on how different they are. The more different the better because it confuses my muscles and keeps working out interesting. Sometimes though if I am on a strength kick, I will put two series that focus on strength back-to-back. But really, I don't think it matters how you rotate her strength workouts. I think that even a small change in a routine is enough of a change to challenge the muscles once again.
Old 06-16-05, 07:41 PM  
newdesigngirl

I do her exclusively and do rotations and mishmoshes

I have only been back to actively working out 4 months now (when I found Cathe) and I only use her - she just does it for me.

I personally am currently on a 16 week fat burning rotation of hers (actually hers is a 12 week rotation, but I added 3 more conditioning weeks on the front and a final blast week on the end.

I have saved and logged many rotations from her site for use after this rotation is over.

Now within the scope of my current "cathe" rotation there is a little freedom in the cardio (no exact specs on which cardio workout to do) but the strength training is pretty much layed out.

On my cardio I am a mish-mosh junkie, I mix and match workouts (I use a 5disk dvd player and program my mix) sometimes up to 5 different dvd's - It actually brings a major "FUN" factor to my workouts. And more that a couple times I have about killed myself.
After this rotation is finished I will goto monthly rotations (or 3week rotations) its enought time to really progress a program, but short enought not to get bored.
Sorry I am so long winded
Steph
newdesigngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 10:07 PM  
Cathy P

I also do Cathe excluvisely and do rotations based on her "series" (Intensity, Body Blast etc) rotating one day cardio and the next strength. Her older workouts I have made into my own rotation.

Cathy
Cathy P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 04:31 AM  
cbelle

Steph, sounds like we're doing the same rotation! I just started yesterday her rotation that she wrote for someone trying to lose 20-30 lbs in 3 months...is that the one you're doing? Start with Slow and Heavy for three weeks? Anyway I tweaked it a bit to do PS for the first 3 wks, GS for the next 3 wks and then SH. OTherwise its the same. I'm curious about hwat you added to the rotation! I'm guessing that Cathe's whole plan behind the rotation was to build up the muscle during hte first 9 wks and then blast the fat with endurance in the last 3 weeks. I'm thinking that after the 12 weeks I'll make up a 12 wk rotation doing the opposite....first 9 of endurance and then last 3 of strength. Somethingliket hat.
cbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 04:34 AM  
cmiyachi

I do other things besides Cathe but I do her workouts mostly. I changed what I do week to week.

I have several 5-7 day weeks of rotations using her series:

- Hardcore
- Intensity
-Bodyblast
- CTX (with CardioKicks and CircuitMax)
- S&H (with Rhythmic Step and Power Hour)

I then move these around week to week (along with other weeks) depending on what I feel like. Lately I've been doing the Hardcore rotation once a month. I always do a relatively light week after either Hardcore or S&H because those weight lifting rotations are pretty intense.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 05:44 AM  
gigi

I follow one of Cathe's rotations(which is sometimes based on a series and other times uses a mix). I also make up my own and use rotations posted at www.fitnessvideofanatics.com. I have printed off a lot of great ideas from posters on Cathe's websites for cardio/weight work mish moshes that incorporates cardio segments/weight segments from many different workouts in one session. I have a notebook full of ideas.
Old 06-17-05, 06:58 AM  
challenge47

Cbelle, can you tell me what the weight loss/fat burning rotation is comprised of? Or else the link?

I went to Cathe's site but couldn't find it.

Nancy
challenge47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 07:32 AM  
gigi

Nancy,
I beleive this is the original rotation posted by Cathe http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...ng_type=search but beware...it looks very intense. Also, here is the modified version Cbelle came up with http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...=172097&page=2. Good luck!
Old 06-17-05, 07:53 AM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

The last few months my strength training has looked something like this....

4 weeks of Gym Style (upper body only...I've got a leg injury).
3 weeks of Slow & Heavy.
3 weeks of Pure Strength.
4 weeks of Gym Style.
now I'm back to S&H again....
(somewhere in there, I had a couple of weeks of PUB, Muscle Max, & Push Pull too).

I've been doing quite a lot of cycling on the other days of the week (this is an activity my leg seems to "approve" of).

Tags
cathe rotation