Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-14, 02:53 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Still reading Reconstructing Amelia, still more interested in my music these days.
BunnyHop - I just borrowed this one on my Kindle from the library! Planning on starting it next after I finish Duty to the Dead - which is a Bess Crawford mystery. So far, I enjoyed this first in the series featuring Bess Crawford a WWI Nurse who get involved in solving mysteries. I would recommend it to fans of Maisie Dobbs.

Also in my reading pile:

Apart at the Seams - Marie Bostwick - (new Cobbled Quilt series book)

Billionaire Blend - Cleo Coyle (coffee house mystery)

Several on my Kindle!

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 09:48 AM  
sherry7899

The author Liane Moriarty's (My Husband's Secret) has a new book coming out next month:

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Little-Lie...ty+little+lies

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 10:08 AM  
Judy W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The author Liane Moriarty's (My Husband's Secret) has a new book coming out next month:

Sherry
Yes, I saw it! And I'm #3 on the list at the library. I'll probably get a brand new copy to read! Love Liane's books.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 10:14 AM  
sherry7899

Judy-that's great! My library has not pre-ordered it I just submitted a suggestion for it. If they order it, I would then be first in line for it. The reference librarian knows me, and told me she always likes my book suggestions Due to budget issues, they can only mainly order books (besides best sellers)
if they get patron requests, so I make sure to make plenty of those!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 10:15 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

My Wish List by Gregoire Delacourt will break your heart. One of the best books I've read this year, with absolutely lyrical writing.

I have a stack of new books from the library to get through, including Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong; Children of Paradise by Fred D'Aguiar (fiction based on the Jonestown massacre), and Tom Rob Smith's latest, The Farm (loved his Child 44).
Old 06-12-14, 09:47 AM  
Sissy B

I finished Such a Pretty Fat and then read Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:47 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I did something I usually don't do, gave up on a book about 1/2 way through. The book Dead and Berried, a cozy mystery series set on an island off the coast of Maine, just set my teeth on edge. A past love showed up to sweep the main character off her feet and to get her to move back to Texas, the place she lived and had left because he had cheated on her. She definitely didn't want to get back together with him, but acted like a spineless AND brainless idiot every time he got near her. Puh-leeze. The characters went from people to cut-out stereotypes who acted apart from any reason or logic. (Can you tell I didn't like it? )

So, now I'm reading The First Gardener, a faith-based novel about the governor's wife of Tennessee and what she goes through along with her relationship with the head gardener at the governor's mansion.

And, I picked up another mystery to read, but I'm not far enough into it to remember which book it is...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:17 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I did something I usually don't do, gave up on a book about 1/2 way through. The book Dead and Berried, a cozy mystery series set on an island off the coast of Maine, just set my teeth on edge. A past love showed up to sweep the main character off her feet and to get her to move back to Texas, the place she lived and had left because he had cheated on her. She definitely didn't want to get back together with him, but acted like a spineless AND brainless idiot every time he got near her. Puh-leeze. The characters went from people to cut-out stereotypes who acted apart from any reason or logic. (Can you tell I didn't like it? )

snip...
I had to give up on The Dovekeepers. Just too long, too sad, too depressing and I wasn't really learning anything except people treated others horribly, both friends, enemies and loved ones.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-14, 09:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I finished The Yoga Club today--fun light reading. Next up: Love Walked In, set in Philadelphia.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-14, 07:01 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

Sherry
I read her book What Alice Forgot and really enjoyed it. I have The Hypnotist's Love Story in my to-read pile. Did you all like her other books?
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reading, summer 2014