Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-24, 01:22 PM  
bubbles76

Essentrics Question

Hi! I'm interested in getting the following Essentrics dvds:
  1. Stretch Series Volume 1
  2. Toning for Beginners
  3. Arms Abs Waist Toner / Legs, Butt, & Thigh Thinner

I like the short segments, the calm vibe, and the outdoor setting for Stretch But I have a few Essentrics dvds. I'm wondering if the material overlaps:
  1. Class of 2012
  2. Full Body Toning
  3. Body Sculpting Series
  4. Body Sculpting Series 2
  5. Barre Workout

Tired of feeling achy. Hoping some calmer workouts will help mentally and physically.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 12:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

There's probably overlap, but it doesn't annoy me because the setting, cast, and sequence are different.

if you're looking to be economical or want something new, pick just one of the three. stretch series has a longer run time and features three different instructors than the usual Sahra.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 03:40 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I might suggest just subscribing for a month to EssentricsTV to see if you like them, or try the older CS seasons since they are shorter, more stretchy, and have lovely outdoor beachy backdrops. Then make note of what you like and go from there!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-24, 10:53 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

There is a 14 day trial on ETV if you want to peek at the workouts.

Each of the workouts are different enough that I'd want all three. It's Sahra on the beach for the "Ab Waist, etc", and Sahra in the science center for the beginner workout. I'd probably agree with bzar and pick the "Stretch Series" since it's different instructors (Amanda, Meg and Gail) if I had to pick one.

It's all Essentrics though, so you can't go wrong.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-24, 12:06 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I have a bunch of Essentrics DVDs and recall your third wish list item, Arms Abs Waist Toner / Legs, Butt, & Thigh Thinner, and Class of 2012 are the ones I used the most (though I can't pinpoint why).

My opinion is the DVDs are all definitely different enough to warrant having them all, but I'm also known as Queen Enabler in some parts, so take that as you will. I agree with Jackie in that you can't go wrong. But subscribing for a month to see what you'd like to own is a good suggestion if it's feasible/something you're interested in.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-24, 01:47 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I have everything on your list but the beginners one. They overlap in terms of exercises using the workout but I'm pretty much 100% they are unique workouts - as in they are not reusing footage.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 09:01 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
I have everything on your list but the beginners one. They overlap in terms of exercises using the workout but I'm pretty much 100% they are unique workouts - as in they are not reusing footage.
Essentrics doesn't do that. They don't use "parts". It's all original, unique content.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 10:06 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks for the thoughts everyone! I know I will probably forget about it if I subscribe for a month lol. I rarely do workouts that aren't on dvd. I was thinking about the Beginners because I could get more instructions, the Arms Abs Waist one because it seems to have a distinct upper and lower body segment (when I don't want to do total body), and the outdoor one because it's seems to be more stretchy and it's outdoors. But if it tends to overlap exercises and it doesn't matter which one I get I may just get the stretch one. It seems to be the most advised and it has the most time. And then commit to actually doing them
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 12:02 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Essentrics doesn't do that. They don't use "parts". It's all original, unique content.
yes. when i said "overlap" i essentially meant the same as what Jackie is saying here. you get "variety" in the different DVD workouts in that the setting, music, sequencing, cast (if any) are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
But if it tends to overlap exercises and it doesn't matter which one I get I may just get the stretch one. It seems to be the most advised and it has the most time. And then commit to actually doing them
i have all of the titles in both of your lists - and they seem new to me when I do them again because the settings and sequencing are different and i have lots of variety in workouts.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
essentrics, sahra esmonde-white