Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-08-22, 07:19 PM  
Helen

Sat, 8th-Jan
35min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 06
41min, Cathe Friedrich - Step Blast - Combos 1, 2, & 3 Mix
17min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Daysof Yoga 2015 - Day 06 Six Pack Abs

Not seeing much of Bridget - she's staying in her room (still isolating, and Cait is officially positive) and she'll get a PCR today. Warns me she's coming upstairs for food - then takes it back down to her room. Alice stands at her door and barks to be let in - They do SO enjoy each other.

May Sunday be lovely for you both.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 08:58 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Sounds like you have your hands full keeping everyone apart in one house. Our neighbor is doing the same thing. We saw him while we were walking the dogs and he told us he tested positive and is basically staying in their basement to isolate.
The numbers are my StepBet goals, 12,200 steps 4 days and 14,900 2 days, so I will be very busy maintaining those goals.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!
Waves to Cleda!

1/9 - no official workout or dog walk - we helped DS1 move from a 2nd floor apartment to a 2 story house with a basement. Many trips carrying boxes and many many flights of stairs. I have to admit, I preferred moving boxes to cleaning!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 09:53 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Having a dilly of a time posting this. Did a copy & paste (thank heavens or I'dda gone away mad.)

cuz we all know how easily I fall behind!

Lili: You are my step hero. Thanks but no thanks on your step counts. if Mine were that high, I must admit, I probably wouldn't be doing a stepbet. I knew mine were super low, so I was good with that. I still struggle some nights to get that last 1k or 2k. (How sad is that?) My counts are: Power day (2 days ) 9,717 and Active days (4 days): 7,417. I remember how they used to go higher and higher and higher and then I became trapped into having to "get my steps" every single night. That's when I quit. I admire you for sure!

Helen: according to my weekly stats with friends on Fitbit (and I don't have a lot! and that's fine by me ~ love the ones I have and that's enough! ) I am close to the bottom (and you get more than I do!) I'll see what they send me this week. I'm fine with where I'm at. I get my steps for the Stepbet and I'm so active on so many challenges, that despite not being steps "per se" I am definitely getting in some great workouts. So sorry about your covid separations. Been there done that, praying that none of the cases are severe and that you don't get it.

Ok, on to me, me and all me:

1/7/2022: Power Zone 60 mins. ride (Christine - 80s music), + 30 mins. low impact ride with Bradley Rose, Andy Speer 30 mins. strength + cool down and warm up for the program

1/8/2022: 45 mins. Strength program 10 mins. warm up + 80s power zone ride (45 mins) with Ben Alldis and Post ride stretch.

On Friday, I was able to meet Nancy on the bike. I was playing around on the computer, she popped in, I mentioned I needed to do the ride, she said she'd do it with me. YAY! always makes for a better ride, got me off the comptuer and I had company. The Bradley rose ride just spun my legs out (oh and I adore him!)

Making it through the next few weeks will be tough (timing wise), but I think I'm getting the timing down. Like dieting, it's a matter of planning. Most of it takes time. The strength is so foreign to me. I used to LOVE strength, but somewhere along the line I crossed over to cardio. It seems so weird to work and then rest. Walk around, shake out the muscles, etc, etc. The ADD bunny in me is like, "Let's move, let's go!" but that's not the way strength works. That's one of the reasons I really, REALLY want to stick to the 6 weeks of this program. I'm now up to 4 days of strength (2 days are 45 mins. and one is 30 mins.) Plus the warm up and cool down.

I know I get blockish, the weight goes up, the muscles retain fluid. I'm working on more protein (as per my coach), I remember from the past, that it's those feelings and then eventually? It leans out and the weight drops. It's the blockish part I'm having a tough time dealing with. But that's ok. I'm going to stick this out. Today will be the last workout of week 3 so I'll be officially HALFWAY through. I know it takes a minimum of 4-6 weeks to really see any changes, so I must persevere. (this is just a pep talk for me.) I think I'm getting stronger. ONWARD I GO ....

I know DOMs is not a good indication of how things are going. But I suffer from DOMs tremendously. I've used my Theragun and my compression boots and I do think they are helping. I am also stretching and more stretching daily (and I know that is helping as well.) Stay tuned for week week 5 of the strength program when it's week 3 of Power Zone when things start really ramping up. I'm a bit worried. BUT .. plan, plan, plan ... and I have to remind myself that I only have the last week of strength left ... WE CAN DO HARD THINGS. Yes. we can. edited to say: I actually am a little sore, but not DOMs like I've had in the past. Went off on my "toys tangent" and never got to the actual point of not being too sore this time around. A nice little, "Oh you've been using the muscles that have been supporting your for all these years! About time." ... LOL

Ok, babbling as usual. I need to get busy.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 05:01 PM  
Helen

LILI
• Cait isn't HERE, she's still in Melbourne, so I'm only have Bridget in the house. She may get her PCR result today (had test yesterday).
• Nice bit of functional fitness lugging those boxes up/down/around all day! And agreed, MUCH better than cleaning. The move sounds like he's going to a more spacious place.

CLEDA
• Hmmm... weights work. I haven't done much yet this year, and what I have done, has been done at a lighter level - this cold was horrible, and hung on. Feeling MUCH MUCH better today (haven't coughed this morning at all yet )
• I know what you mean about 'blockish' - fluid retention makes you bigger, and feeling more full everywhere, but the metabolism changes for having more muscle haven't kicked in yet so little/no weight loss. You're right though - it'll come.
• Being MONDAY (you know I get Mondivation), it's time for me to step it up in that direction - bring on the BLOCK!
• Your FitBit is weird - I'll believe what you're seeing, but it's NOT what I'm seeing - or your being super kind and making me feel better, which I'm actually inclined to believe. Anyway, have stepped things up there too the last few days.

Sunday
kick-off 15min, Time Senesi - Day 07
afternoon 30min, dog walk too humid to be longer than that- she was puffing (ball chasing)
evening 51min, Leslie Sansone - Walk Away The Pounds - Get Up & Get Started + High Calorie Burn with buddy (who requested Leslie)
night 30min, Adriene Mishler - Day 07 Total Body

Ok, it's Monday. Will hit a top of only 82F, but with 86% humidity before 9am - could be a sticky one.
After this coffee/computer - off for my morning session with Tim (& Ollie - his groodle), then tidy the sewing area. No excuses - been putting it off for days.

Realised I've ground to a halt on my Cathe Chrono mission BECAUSE I'm balking at the rest of the Terminator set. It's a compilation set, and I don't HAVE to do them. Technically they're NOT under the heading of doing "all the main workouts" so they are being put aside until I feel ready for them. I'm not exactly ok with that, but I'm sucking it up that I'm not ready for 70-80min workouts. Did Imax Extreme, but it wasn't pretty. So next up is the Body Blast Series - Kick, Punch, & Crunch

Nope, not comfortable with that, but what I CAN do is spread the workouts over the day. Do some, until I reach the 'not pretty' stage, pause, & do more after an hour or two - repeat until complete.

Mission can be completed by 60th b'day still, but now need to do one every second day - because I stalled for so long.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-10-22, 06:37 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

The workouts

Helen: Your 82 degrees sounds delightful. We're headed to a cold snap. We also had snow on Friday. (I was lucky enough to be off, so I didn't have to drive to work in it.) Yesterday? We had freezing rain.

Waves to Lili!

Gotta post and run.

1/9/2022: Row (Breathe with Mike) 45 mins., Strength Warm up, Cool down and 30 mins. program (total of 50 mins.), 15 mins. Holiday Bellicon workout with Faythe

The Bellicon site/Ipad mirroring behaved itself. Made me so happy. I sure hope to be able to keep doing it. Without hiccups. Bellicon truly makes me smile.

I'm halfway through the strength program. 3 weeks down, 3 weeks to go. I am so glad i'm not the only one who feels blockish. I know it's only temporary and the weight training is so beneficial in so many ways, so I persevere and I will shrink. Just have to hang in there.

Ok, gotta go hit the bike.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 01-10-22, 04:40 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I never did Terminator! I bought it with the set, but it seemed too long and too hard at the time. At this point, I have no desire to ever do it. Breaking it into chunks could work, and then you get to cross it off your list!
Cleda - I agree that planning is important if you want to get it all done. And don't admire me for doing 1 stepbet per year! And I still dread the last week or 2, which is why I don't do more of them. But it does push me to move more, so that's a good thing.

1/9 - WERD, not sure if it was well earned, but I definitely needed it!
1/10 - dog walk (it's cold out there!)
Day 1 of Pahla B's Weight Loss something
30 Min. Red Run w/ Olivia
10 Min. Post Run Stretch w/ Selena

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 08:49 PM  
Helen

It's Tuesday: Not here in the morning - as I've been out already.

Yesterday (Monday), Bridget heard a good friend is coming up from Sydney today on the train. This is the friend she arranged to stay with if her PCR test was negative - nicely convenient - Bridget would drive them back. So thinking it may be our last day (kind of) together (but apart) we spent the day listening to records & watching the same movie (in different rooms), ordered Indian dinner via Uber Eats (in different rooms).

BUT then her test came back, positive. Even though she's had NO symptoms apart from a single day with a vaguely scratchy throat.

So, this morning, the rules are that I had to get tested again.
Still have this cough/cold - maybe I DO have it after all - just last test was too soon?

Anyway...
LILI
• Oh... I saw Red Run w/ Olivia, and thought - is she running with a DD? a GD?... the name was unfamiliar... click, clunk, Peleton.
• Are you planning on Day 2, 3, ... with Phala? I started that, didn't get far - began to dread them, for various reasons.
• You're right - chunking WILL get them crossed off the list.

CLEDA
• Oh brrrr on the freezing rain, though being cosy sounds nice - it's such a lovely feeling being comfortable in one's home listening to serious discomfort outside (howling wind, icy rain,) or even with the A/C knowing it's blowing a searing hot wind out. We're neither - very still, warm, bit bland. Humidity is a bit pesky is all.
• Thought of you today - two LAPD police officers were fired as they ignored a robbery in progress call due to chasing down a Snarkel (?) for Pokemon Go. Not that I think you'd do THAT - just the Go reminded me of you.

Monday, 10th
38min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 08
38min, Tony Horton - P90 Masters - Upper Middle Lower
28min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 08 Healing & Meditation

Also completely emptied out my sewing area. Today's task is to chunk Imax Extreme (without the 'not pretty' of last time) mixing it with putting sewing zone back together - doing the mending/ironing in amongst it as I go.

I don't think I have any weeding left to do. But give it a day or two...
Have already been out with Alice - took her to the drive-through testing, & stopped at a big dog park before coming home.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-11-22, 05:54 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Love checking in

with my morning coffee!!!

Lili: How was Olivia's Red run? .. I am thinking of doing that one (if for the badge if nothing else!) It really is cold outside. My morning temp is 10 degrees. I am glad I have a new car battery.

Helen: The RED run is Taylor Swift's version of the RED album. It's an artist series on Peloton. I bet your officers were chasing down a "Snorlax". Shame on them. I wish I had more time to play and that dh still played (he doesn't). They are also discontinuing Wizards unite (another game I play - by the same company! It's Harry Potter) so I'm saddened by that. But ... sigh ... life goes on. I am so sorry that your daughter tested positive. But you are doing all the right things. Hoping you stay negative. You're isolating FAR more than dh and I did when he had it last year (pre vaccines, panic time, etc.) and I never caught it. So who knows??? Good luck.

I'm feeling tired this a.m. My energy will come back after a good workout. This is how my weeks are when we work Saturdays (and are short staffed at work!) Exhausting.

1/10/2022: Power Zone 45 mins. ride with Denis (for the challenge) plus a post ride stretch. Moving right along.

The workout was zones 3 & 4 and rest in zone 1. They are being kind this week. I'm sure as it ramps up, the rides won't be as forgiving.

We're due to get oil today. Not a day too soon. I ordered it Thurs. and JUST after I ordered it, they changed the delivery day from Mon. till Tues. I'll be happy when we have a full tank with this cold weather. They are reliable, so I'm sure they will be here sometime today. I put this in the "cozy" box that Helen talks about! A tank full of oil, a full freezer, a good book! you get the idea. Simple things.

Gotta run.
Old 01-11-22, 06:14 PM  
Helen

I'm here with my coffee too!

CLEDA
• You'll be right on the Snorlax.
• I wouldn't recognise a Taylor swift song if I heard one. She's on a list I have of artists that I SHOULD be familiar with due to their level of global reach. I can recognise Ed Sheeran now. Others on that list that I've never really paid attention to are: Prince, Madonna, Katy Perry, Cher, ... constantly adding to it.

Tuesday, 11th
Day 09 for both Tim (morning) and Adriene (evening) 30 Day Yoga Challenges. Going well - Alice is becoming familiar with their dogs.
Cathe - Intensity Series - The Terminator - Imax Extreme
done in parts throughout the day as I said I would, and it worked a treat! Did one 'cycle' at a time (4 of them). Was able to put more effort into each section than the recent (sad) attempt. Shall do the same for The Viper & The Gauntlet during this week - I'm quite chuffed about the success of the strategy.

Oh - My PCR came back negative.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-12-22, 10:22 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Reading - and need to check in

While I'm here!!!

Helen: I like Ed Sheerhan (most of his songs), ok with Taylor Swift (most of her songs), don't pay attention to the same as your list (except Cher! I like her, know hers, etc.) and enjoy Pink! (and can recognize her for the most part.) I've become familiar with a lot of current songs/artists mostly due to Peloton. I hear the songs, favorite them and then look them up later. Keeps me "in touch". (Or so I'd like to think!) That's what working at Walmart did also, kept me "in touch" with the younger generation(s). CONGRATS!!! on your negative PCR test. Who would have thought 2 years ago that something like that would be the HIGHLIGHT of our day!?!?!?

Waves to Lili!

On to me, me and all me ....

1/11/2022: Morning workout: 20 mins. Drive row, 15 mins Bellicon Lympatic workout with Remy. After work I did a Sam Yo Low Impact ride (30 mins.), Sam Yo's Queen cool down ride (10 mins) Legs felt like lead the whole day long. Terrible.

I was supposed to do strength and a power zone. Didn't have it in me. Which means I'll be catching up today. (She says hopefully). The casting to the tv worked GREAT for the first 3 minutes. Need to do a bit more research. I did see some San Fran bouncing videos for the new year challenge that looked like I would like them. Bellicon has 3 more months for me to figure out the casting. If I can't get it to work right? BUh bye. Not worth the frustration. That or I have to get used to doing it on a tiny screen. Or maybe ... just thought about it, drag my laptop in and do it off of that. That screen would be a bit bigger than my Ipad. Hmmmm. will have to figure this out. Ideally? I want to be able to do it on the tv. We say it all the time: TECHNOLOGY ... (then again, we've come soooooooooooooooo far from the late 70s ... I am not complaining. It's just an inconvenience.)

Ok, gotta run.
Cleda