Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-18-22, 03:21 PM  
Vantreesta

MT, I'm sorry about the sinus infection. Those are miserable. Interestingly I haven't had any since I quit working. Wonder if stress contributes to them?

Sherry, yay for feeling almost normal again! My friend and her daughter just tested positive on Sunday. So far sounds like they're mostly tired and headachey.

Katie, glad you got a nice burn in the warmup.

Yesterday I did day 5 of both the Human 2.0 Movement Challenge and Lauren's squat challenge. Then I did a Yoga With Adriene runner's warmup (didn't love it, a warmup should be dynamic), Aztec Athletics plyo calves, GuerrillaZen bulletproof knees, wk1 day2 interval run on the treadmill, Helen Clare piriformis exercises, and Yoga With Adriene runner's cool down, which was better than the warmup sequence for me. Today Cyric and I walked a little over 3 mi at the nearby state park. Not nearly enough snow for snowshoes but enough that the walk took more effort and my legs were tired by the end. I just finished up Kassandra's most recent challenge and then did day 1 of the Yoga Treat yin challenge, dragon pose. Have a little to do in the kitchen and then I'll do our afternoon walk early bc I'm going to see Ghostbusters finally!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 09:34 PM  
Catahoula Cate

We have wind and a very blustery day. Temperature really dropped. I got a box of clothing together for Thred up and added some things to the thrift box. I made brownies and then got 2 dvd's in. Cathe's Basic Step. I was less coordinated than last time. Oh well. I also did Strong Knees which I have not done in a long, long time. The stretching segment felt especially good.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 11:22 PM  
Vantreesta

The wind is here too, Katie, with the temps dropping overnight and a wind chill advisory. The high Thursday is supposed to be 0. The snow walk today was telling me to pull out Strong Knees again too. The stretch used to be my go to post-run till I got Yoga for Runners!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-19-22, 09:28 AM  
Vantreesta

It feels good to be working on habits, checking them off on my spreadsheets and totaling points again. Hopefully I will keep up with it. One. day. at. a. time.

Old 01-19-22, 04:41 PM  
Vantreesta

I didn't feel like working out today so I convinced myself to just do Yoga in Practice S1E4 and day 2 of the yin challenge (saddle pose). We have a wind chill advisory till noon tmrw so walks are short today and tmrw.

Old 01-20-22, 12:39 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, our wind has moved out and we are back to sunshine and warmer temps. Hope your windchill moves out quickly too. It was short but brutal!

One of my longtime goals is finally coming around. I'm getting back into my dvd's! Yesterday evening I did Ballet Body strength segment.

Vannie I was watching a youtube clip from Upright Health recently with Matt Hsu. He went into his personal rehab story. I did not realize he had become so debilitated at such a young age. Good for him for taking the route he did! Very inspirational!

Waves to Sherry and MT!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 01-20-22, 11:28 PM  
Vantreesta

I had a bad headache today and was tired so I took a long nap. We did do all 3 walks and I did an episode of Happy Yoga With Sarah Starr.

Katie, I've heard pieces of Matt's story in different videos but not everything. I'll have to watch that video!

Old 01-22-22, 10:05 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Yesterday was a pretty productive day. On youtube, GuerrillaZen had a pretty good tutorial on the psoas and it's relationship with the glute max(which mine are very weak). Then another youtube clip from Uprighthealth with a sidelying hip workout for hip pain that I'm going to try to do every other day for a while and see how it goes. Some of the exercises reminded me of Mari Winsor's sidelying hip exercises...I think she called them fetal thighs?

It's been chilly/windy and the zipper on my winter jacket busted recently so I'm improvising until I get a replacement. It was pretty old and from LL Bean so I definitely got my money's worth out of it. I bought a new one from LL bean and it wasn't quite right so it's going back. The one I really want is backordered so hoping it will get back in stock sooner than later. I looked at Cabelas and didn't see anything that really fit the bill. I'm going to check out REI and see what they have. Our local store may have a Carhartt that'll work. There's still a lot of winter left!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 01-22-22, 10:14 AM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I took my mom's Carhartt so I don't need mine anymore. I don't know if you would be interested in it. I kept hers bc it's longer, mine doesn't cover the butt. They're so expensive I can't help wanting to give it to someone I know instead of donating to the thrift store. No biggie if you don't want it, just an idea!

I got those two YT notifications yesterday too. I watched Matt's last night and am planning to do it a couple times a week. Yep, Mari's fetal thighs sequence is awesome! I started watching the psoas release but was too tired and went to bed.

Old 01-22-22, 11:58 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, Thank you! That is very thoughtful. I'm 5' 8-9" and I'm guessing?? yours may be on the small side for me. I did look for jackets locally and most didn't appeal and the ones that did are out of stock of course. But, I did check REI just now and they do have one that should fit the bill. And I should get it by the end of next week! I should look at REI more often. I am a member but I don't always remember them.

Do The Next Thing!