Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-21, 08:56 PM  
Elsie

No Way! My fave places to get exercise in is 1.Home & 2.Outdoors (especially in Autumn and Early Spring)
Every now and then, I would go to a kettlebell clinic or something to refresh form etc, and I did take in a ball massaging/fascial rolling course for 13 weeks, but overall I REALLY do not like to have to "get to" my place of exercise. Thinking back, if I could have completed that course at home, I would have. I've had anxiety my whole life & there are times when it's difficult to manage, so having to deal with that before and during exercising just takes away from what I'm there to do. Especially the physical symptoms of having to use the washroom a million times!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 09:40 PM  
Tinks

I don't get tired of working out at home. I don't have to drive any where and I don't have to worry about what I look like.

Plus, I'm not a fan of gyms. People sweat all over everything, so then you're basically touching everyone's sweat residue. It completely grosses me out. There's no way most gyms are cleaned that well. I know someone who's daughter caught a staff infection at a gym, just confirming my suspicions/fears, lol.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 06:12 AM  
Helen

Nope, don't miss it at all, even though I was a gym junkie for 10 yrs - 7 days/week!

• When I want, what I want
• My own equipment
• Custom size squat rack / bench press (adjustable height) DH made it to fit ME.
• No travel, no parking
• Wear what I like
• Amazing variety available!!
• Barefoot ALL the time, for ALL workouts
• High quality instructors
• Can pause to pee and the workout pauses too!
• If I get injured, no fees are wasted.
• Can have the music as loud as I want to.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 06:48 AM  
Rhonda

Never really thought about being tired of working out at home. I have been doing it so long that it is just natural. Then again, I wake up before the birds and work out, yep usually downstairs between 3:45-4:00am, get it in before work.

Family thinks I'm crazy but I enjoy it and it is something for me.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 11:14 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Definitely! As much as I love working out at home, I've gone through phases where I just needed a change. I've done Crossfit and a local boot camp that is run by a former Marine. Unfortunately, both times I've ventured away from working out at home, I've gotten injured. It could just be the type of class I've tried, but it has happened each time.

Try mixing up the kind of workouts you do at home can help.

Add in something like walking outside just to get out of the house and some different scenery.

Do a trial of a kind of streaming you haven't done before just to see what's out there. You can always cancel.

I understand wanting a community, especially with Covid. I wish I could do the bootcamp classes - it's 5 minutes from my house and a really awesome community. Unfortunately, it's just not a fit my me physically.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 12:19 PM  
AnMrsDe

I LOVE working out at home!! And probably wouldn't work out if I had to drive anywhere! LOL

Maybe joining a check-in would give you some ideas how others are working out and find it rewarding by sticking with it. Seeing the workout listed online somehow keeps me accountable as well as seeing the whole month's workouts. i.e. (Just The Workouts check-in). Everyone is welcome to join us!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 12:58 PM  
warriorprincess

I love working out at home. I do miss my dance classes though. Most of the dance studios within driving distance are still closed around me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 01:03 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I've never gotten tired of working out at home, but sometimes I'd like some form pointers etc. and that makes me think I should consult a trainer. I did go to a Pilates studio for a while, but the best teacher moved away so I stopped.

Now, because of covid I'm really reluctant to leave home to work out.
Old 10-25-21, 01:37 PM  
Schnauzeritis

I miss the gym and live group exercise classes so much. I turned 60 in June and my days of fitness are winding down so I'm worried that I'll never attend a live class again.
The pandemic taught me how to workout at home. Over the years I've purchased VHS tapes and DVDs but I was never able to workout at home like I did at the gym. Enter the pandemic and I had to learn how to do it at home. I found Chris Dorner on youtube and I do her classes daily among others. I worked out outside a lot during last winter and I plan on doing the same this winter. Over the summer I played a ton of tennis and am happy to report that I'm improving!
Someone here mentioned that they are an introvert. I am too! That's why I kind of find it weird that I love group exercise classes at the gym so much. Over 30 years I have not made a single friend at the gym and no one not even the instructors knew my name. I've yearned to attend the Cathe road trip but I know I would never fit in and would feel very uncomfortable.
Schnauzeritis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 03:30 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnauzeritis View Post
I've yearned to attend the Cathe road trip but I know I would never fit in and would feel very uncomfortable.
Why do you feel that way...because you figure everybody there would be extroverted?

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boredom, home vs gym, motivation